**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

Put Away The Pitchforks

It's pretty sad to see community on Christmas to react like this over a mobile game, which has made me want to address a few things:

1. Sure the surprise gift was disappointing, but they did address this and we have a holiday calendar on the side that has amazing rewards such as T2A, 3k 5* shards and GGCs, so why is everyone complaining that they had to "login everyday" because you're claiming other awesome rewards anyway. Stop dissecting parts of the developer responses so it sounds bad, read it as a whole.

2. To the people who post about RDTs and flood the forums, maybe change your demanding tone, they do not owe us RDTs which some people think is a must. I'm sure the company is sick of the small group of self-entitled players who think that just because something was given out once that it immediately set the precedent. Maybe if the community was not so toxic, that this would influence the developers' decisions and actually reward players. Lets put it in this scenario, you are a teacher and you have two students, do you reward the student who listens and does the right thing, or the brat who thinks they are above everyone else in the class including you and entitled to anything they want?

3. Stop tagging and attacking Kabam Mike in everything because remember Kabam is a company and he does not have control over every decision. Address them as a company when you have concerns rather than directly at one person, because how would you feel a company made a decision and you wake up everyday with all the weight on your shoulders?

4. If you don't want to spend, don't do it, no need to "boycott" the game, if you feel the need to, just quit, no one is going to miss you. And if you are quitting, don't post on the forums because chances are no one is going to know who you are and we've read "why I quit" posts a thousand times from nobodies. If this game sucks so much you guys wouldn't be taking time out of your lives posting your criticism constantly to improve this game.

These are going to be unpopular opinions, but it's time I called out all of the self-entitled players who think that they own the company and applaud those who are mature and respectful people. Put your phones down and relax during the holiday, Merry Christmas.

Comments

• harerabbit99harerabbit99 Posts: 12
    Exactly. Amazing post and amazing response.
  • DrasticallyDrastically Posts: 13
    Nothing is free in life.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,234 ★★★★★
    No one said anything. It was just a Mystery Item.
  • StrStr Posts: 547 ★★
    I agree with the not attacking kabaam miike. Dont agree or feel satisfied by the official response but i doubt he had any input into the holiday calendar and feel sorry that he gets targeted because of decisions made by other people. Thanks for giving up your Christmas @Kabam Miike and thank you for being so active of forums. I hope your job gets easier in 2019
    Define happy. Have a look around. They give an inch, people expect a mile.
  • FungeonFungeon Posts: 124
    But I'm a spoiled brat and I want Kabam to give me a free pony
    edited December 2018
    Not everyone. There are people within the community that are reasonable, respectful, and grateful. However, we wouldn't be discussing them.
  • Frivolousz21Frivolousz21 Posts: 438 ★★★
    Str wrote: »
    I agree with the not attacking kabaam miike. Dont agree or feel satisfied by the official response but i doubt he had any input into the holiday calendar and feel sorry that he gets targeted because of decisions made by other people. Thanks for giving up your Christmas @Kabam Miike and thank you for being so active of forums. I hope your job gets easier in 2019

I'd say the guys job is pretty freaking easy.

I highly doubt he takes any if this personal. There are no stakes here. It's a game...

And yes the Christmas mystery gift was very underwhelming.

The SUPER SUPER MAJORITY OF PLAYERS HAVE NEVER READ THESE FORUMS OR SUBSCRIBED TO REDDIT MCOC.

If I had to guess less than 0.25% of players who login at least once a week browse this forum.

Most of the threads here likely are only seen by 0.1% of players or less.

My point is the super majority of players getting free gifting crystals can put them to good use.

The super super majority of players getting 50 t4cc frag crystals desperately need them.

And 99%+ of players will benefit from the rest of the holiday season calenders.

This backlash is a joke. Yeah I felt disappointed.

I just became uncollected a few weeks ago. I am an officer in an alliance that has a 9 million rating. The top 10 rated guys in our Alliance all have multiple 4/55s and at least one 5/65.

I am the only one who comes to these forums.

This game is insanely popular.

A quarter million people play this every week.

@Kabam Miike has a great job. Good for him.

• Denzel116Denzel116 Posts: 537 ★★★
    Deep breath x 3 everybody. Whoosah. Save the pitch forks and angry emojis for something worth while...examples would be: if they ever nerded Corvus. (Half joke half serious, I might actually be a little miffed over that. Got that word from the UMCOC podcast btw)

But c’mon everybody. Let’s at least see what items they GIVE us today before....

Never mind. I just read that word “give” and instantly had a flashback to when I was 12 and complained about a video game my mom got me (she got the wrong one, I wanted Vector Man if anybody is wondering)

With all the anger only a mother could summon, this lady glared at me, looked me in my SOUL...and quietly stated “Beggers can’t be choosers. If you want Vector Man, mega man, or any other video game man...you better stop crying about it before you act like this when you become a grown man.”

That’s it. That’s all I got. I never got Vector Man. Nothing else to that story. Merry Christmas. Happy holiday. Happy Tuesday. Good luck with grinding arena. May the 4 star Korg be with you. I’m done, I’m gonna go love on my wife and eat bacon and eggs.

• ManChildManChild Posts: 608 ★★★
    This year has been pretty rough from kabam.
  • belli300belli300 Posts: 704 ★★★
    Its ok because I got mostly 3 star ag which will go into overflow and Kabam will get them back. Thanks Kabam!
  • KickNatherinaKickNatherina Posts: 157
    Bottom line - it was free. They didn’t build hype on it. They didn’t tell you anything about what to expect. It was free items. Enjoy! It’s the holiday spirit. Do you complain to your family members when they don’t get you exactly what you want?
  • ManChildManChild Posts: 608 ★★★
    No, but if I have an android and they give me an iTunes card I might have something to say about it.
  • John757John757 Posts: 1,085 ★★★
    I brought a torch, not a pitchfork
  • Marri_2Marri_2 Posts: 577 ★★★
    I can only imagine how some of these players behave to their families when unpacking gifts under the tree...
  • ZJoePZJoeP Posts: 11
    Totally agree man. I've never spent a dime on this game so I'm happy with and grateful for any free gifts, so long as the game is running properly.
  • JRock808JRock808 Posts: 1,149 ★★★★
    Its like getting socks. Maybe someone needs some but most people have plenty. Merry Christmas... enjoy the socks! Sure they are a gift, but sometimes that feels worse than nothing at all. Completely understand the disappointment, but not at all surprised at why.
  • Scarlett_Scarlett_ Posts: 273
    I think why even introduce RDTS Into the game if they are never given out it’s abit ridiculous but I guess if I ran a gaming company/game and I offered a item in game that basically stops people buying rank up materials etc thus making me lose money I’d try erase them from existence also ;)