**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Clarification Needed - Gifting Event Rank Reward Minimums [Merged Threads]

MongooseSuicideMongooseSuicide Posts: 45
edited December 2018 in General Discussion
Hello,

An alliance mate sent in a support ticket today inquiring about the minimum point value INDIVIDUALLY to qualify for rank rewards in the 2018 gifting event.

Support was not clear in their first two replies, but after very specific clarification, they replied that each individual had to earn 20,000 points to qualify for rank rewards.

Can someone confirm if this is accurate?

I only ask because of the following
- as far as I know, this is stated no where in game or on the forums
- the absence of a red message on the rank rewards screen when I only have 15k seems to suggest i qualify
- in all other events where I have not qualified, I see the red message on the rewards screen informing me of such

I see this is a popular topic on the forums today, can someone please step forward and clear the confusion?

Thank you
Post edited by Kabam Vydious on

Comments

• Cranmer00Cranmer00 Posts: 528 ★★
    I got kicked from alliance one after it started and joined new team, will be here 13 1/2 days of it, but I cannot get rewards because I wasn’t here when event started.. I thought you all changed the requirements, and how is that fair to me

@Kabam Miike
    Is this right though? I thought they changed the time having to be in, and just forgot about the yearly gifting event?
    Has anyone seen an update, it’s not working as they said or intended
  • Same one more time kabamed
  • If they passed a milestone before you joined I doubt you will get it. Also need to contribute a minimum amount to get certain tiers of rewards. Also it should say when you will be eligible
    I was in the alliance right after it started . And I have contributed the lowest amount , still getting nothing
  • If the alliance you're in hit milestones before you joined, you will not be able to claim those. If the alliance you were in prior hit them and you claimed them there, you will not be able to claim them again.
    @Kabam Vydious thanks I appreciate it, I was kicked at the start of the event, I joined a new alliance and they had already got the first couple of milestones but I contributed to the last 4-5 and still am not receiving anything. This is detrimental to my account because these are some big rewards. I appreciate the clarity but that means something is not working right and still have no response from my ticket
    Mine is not working, I have went through the minimum needed on the milestones that were not achieved yet. If I’m contributing for 13 1/2 days of a 14 day event, am I eligible for the rank rewards.

This system is flawed, it’s christmas and they are being really tight and/or not acknowledging the problem. Most top alliances filled all of the top milestones on hour 8. This is just a crappy way to do things.

I don’t know about his issue, but mine is valid.
  • PurpleIsPimpinPurpleIsPimpin Posts: 48
    edited December 2018
    Same for me and one other alliance mate. We joined immediantly after AQ rewards went put and are uneligible for any milestones. The "you must meet the minimum" constantly jumps up once you hit the x / y contribution requirement. It now also says we are uneligible for rank rewards. So to recap, the minimum constantly goes up, no rank rewards, and joined this alliancw about 30 to 60 minutes after event started. There was 0 warning about this and this is not how it worked last year. "Support" does not help at all when you email them. The constantly evolving contribution req does not seem to be functioning properly at all.

I should also state I did not claim these milestones in a previous alliance. Essentially this whole gifting event is blocked out to anyone who changed alliances the day of release or any time after.
  • TugaDavTugaDav Posts: 17
    Unfortunately, support is not helping at all in this matter, or even explaining kabam's reasoning. I've tried to present this issue in a very articulated way but it seems they don't even bother reading the emails properly and just keep replying with uncorrelated stuff, having ended up closing the ticket.
    Wasted an hour of my day writing emails so that's it for me...

I guess we can just forget the rewards for milestones that were hit before we joined and that weren't claimed on a previous alliance. Fortunately I just lost milestones #5 and #6. Claimed the first 4 on my previous alli and can claim #7 onwards on my current alli.
  • TugaDavTugaDav Posts: 17
    Fyi this is what I wrote to support on my 3rd attempt to explain myself :

"You clearly didn't understand my point.
    I agree (and complied) with the minimum contribution for each milestone. I also agree with not being able to claim rewards already claimed in previous alliances.

What I think is unnecessary, was unannounced, and is unfair, is not being able to claim rewards for milestones already reached before I joined the alliance. Even after putting in the necessary individual point contribution for those milestones and considering I never claimed those rewards in previous alliances.

Imagine this scenario. Player 1 was already in the alliance when the gifting event started. Player 1 didn't contribute yet for the event, despite 8 milestones being reached. Player 2 joins the alliance at this point. He wasn't in any alliance previously so didn't claim any reward from this event. At this point both players are in the alliance and both players haven't contributed yet so none can get those rewards. Now, each of the players contribute the necessary minimum potions to get milestones 8 rewards. Player 1 is able to get them but player 2 isn't...

Kabam says players can't get rewards for milestones reached before joining the alliance, to prevent abuse from this event. However, I can't understand how this limitation prevents any abuse from moving between alliances.
    If players' contributions are already reset to 0 after moving between alliances, they have to put in the exact same minimum effort/contribution as everyone else for each milestone. They are actually already being penalised by having their contribution reset to 0, and having to start over again their contribution to reach prizes they had not claimed yet.
    Additionally, if players are only allowed to claim the rewards once (they can't claim rewards already claimed in previous alliances), there is no possibility of abuse.

I truly believe this limitation is redundant and penalises players unnecessarily. Additionaly it was not clearly informed when the event was announced.

I advice the game team to please reconsider this limitation because the rewards have consirable value."

Their response was once again:
    "Users must contribute a minimum amount of points PER MILESTONE to qualify for that milestone's rewards"
  • Read my previous post as it outlines the ever changing minimum point requirement. It does not matter what you contribute it just keeps jumping up. Also states we cannot receive rank rewards. I literally joined 30 minutes after the event started
    Same for me and one other alliance mate. We joined immediantly after AQ rewards went put and are uneligible for any milestones. The "you must meet the minimum" constantly jumps up once you hit the x / y contribution requirement. It now also says we are uneligible for rank rewards. So to recap, the minimum constantly goes up, no rank rewards, and joined this alliancw about 30 to 60 minutes after event started. There was 0 warning about this and this is not how it worked last year. "Support" does not help at all when you email them. The constantly evolving contribution req does not seem to be functioning properly at all.

I should also state I did not claim these milestones in a previous alliance. Essentially this whole gifting event is blocked out to anyone who changed alliances the day of release or any time after.

The worst part about it, is this is NOT how it is suppose to be intended, and support does not help.

These are such huge rewards, and something needs to be fixed. Mods explained that you are allowed to get milestones in a diff alliance that you ha e not gotten elsewhere. I haven’t received any period and have contributed all of the minimums and was here when they still had a lot of milestones left
  • @Kabam Vydious can we get any follow-up here? We are trying to be civil but every thread on this topic has been largely ignored.
  • A further update which only confuses things more...

The same alliance mate who received the first reply noted above, sent another ticket, not having trusted the first interaction, and a different support agent has now said you only have to be in the alliance 10 days, earned at least a point in the event, and be in the alliance when rewards are sent out?

Which is it??

Ticket Reference# 1 - ref:_00D301HgIt._5000c1iBp8m:ref
    Ticket Reference# 2 - ref:_00D301HgIt._5000c1iBq7Y:ref
  • zeezee57 wrote: »
    I'm fairly certain you don't need to hit all milestones to qualify for rank rewards, but I would be helpful for a mod to clarify this to avoid any confusion and issues when the event ends. This forum is going to be absolutely insane if rank rewards aren't given out to all ally members who participated without any warning that's the case. I'm pretty sure participation itself granted rank rewards in the past

I was fairly certain myself, but my alliance mate pointed out it notes Rank rewards in the milestone reward qualification messages in a way that was a little open to interpretation, then ticket number 1 was responded to with the 20k minimum per member, cue massive confusion lol
  • Here is what I know. An alliance needs to reach total of 20k points to qualify for rank rewards. If your alliance reach 20k, individual member needs to get at least 1 point to get the rank rewards
  • Hopefully that’s the case, I wish it would just be confirmed already
  • Good Morning @Kabam Lyra seen you online, do you know the answer to this? I saw you recommending support on another thread...
    Yea and my tickets have not been answered either surprisingly , I sent in pictures and everything. I don’t know what else to do.

I’ve been playing this game for four years and it’s hard to keep up with top competition . These rewards are big and am missing out for no reason when I’m actually in the top 10 of contributors in my Alliance.
  • Well they took some time to “speak” with me about my actions here.

I asked why this simple question can’t be answered here and was ignored, but told to be patient

48 hours good enough?
  • CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
    In game events inform players about the requirements and notifies them of the requirements. If you do not have any orange or red highlights related to the rank rewards then you are eligible. When the event started you were notified that to be eligible for rank rewards your alliance needed to put up 20k points to unlock them, that’s it the other message is applicable to the milestones.
  • CoatHang3r wrote: »
    In game events inform players about the requirements and notifies them of the requirements. If you do not have any orange or red highlights related to the rank rewards then you are eligible. When the event started you were notified that to be eligible for rank rewards your alliance needed to put up 20k points to unlock them, that’s it the other message is applicable to the milestones.

The milestone messages say rank rewards in the message too, which is far from clear.

And support clarified rather clearly in our first ticket it was 20k individually too.

To be clear, I agree with your statement and am pretty confident that's how it works too. However, Kabam Support confused the matter, and I am at a loss why it is so hard to get an official answer for this?

Plenty of other unanswered threads about this too, not just me wanting clarity...