**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Time To Retire Monthly Character Calendar Crystals

As the title says, I believe at the end of this month, it is time to retire the Character Crystal in the monthly calendar. Here are my reason why I think that this needs to occur:

1.) Drop Rate: Since these Crystals have been introduced, the drop rate of getting a 4* over a 3* is infinitesimal. Using myself as an example, since they have been introduced, I have gotten a 3* every time I have popped one. And yet, I have heard of people who have gotten a 4* from them every other month. I understand that the possibility of getting a 4* is up to random luck, but (using myself as an example again) since they have been introduced, I should have gotten at least one 4* from them at this point in time.

2.) Useless: I don’t know about other players, but for those players who have a rather decent amount of 5*s or even 6*s, these Crystals are useless. For players like myself, that day on the monthly calendar could be used for something more useful. I would take a T4 shard Crystal over this useless thing.

3.) No Need: I, myself (and those players who have decent amounts of 5 & 6*s) have no need to be constantly getting 3*s from these Crystals (since the drop rate for 4*s is so incredibly low). I don’t use 3*s for anything anymore and the only thing that these 3*s do is just sit in my Character inventory. I don’t rank them up, I don’t use them in Arenas, and I don’t use them in quests. Now, I can understand for new players who have not gotten past Act 3 or don’t even have their first 4*, these Crystals can help them out immensely. But for players, like myself, I have no need for them and I don’t want to get them every month.

It is my belief that for the beginning of January, some new Crystal should be added to the monthly calendar that is based on what level you are. If you are a new player, you will still get that monthly Character Crystal in order to help you in your questing. But for those of us who are a Conqueror or even Uncollected, we should get something different for that day on the monthly calendar depending on our rank.

I have no need for this Crystal, I don’t want this Crystal, and I’m honestly sick of getting them. Whether you agree with me or not, is up to you. I just feel like something needs to be done about this.

Comments

• DOA40DOA40 Posts: 94
    Everyone, I would like some opinions on this, be it yes or no. I meant to put a poll on this, but screwed up. So, please post your opinion on the matter. I just ask everyone who does post to respect the opinions of other posters. No arguments or fighting is allowed.
  • JRock808JRock808 Posts: 1,149 ★★★★
    It's about the only way I can get the revives from level up events anymore... so that's a plus?
  • FhfjghhggggjfhfjgFhfjghhggggjfhfjg Posts: 4,492 ★★★★★
    I personally think there should be an uncollected login crystal which gives a 4* and rarely a 5*
  • MikeyBoi69MikeyBoi69 Posts: 139
    Its not that bad because its a good way to collect certain champs you'd need for synergies
    MikeyBoi69 wrote: »
    Its not that bad because its a good way to collect certain champs you'd need for synergies

It is when you are getting nothing but a useless 3* from them. Like I said, I personally don’t use them for anything and honestly don’t need them. I would rather be getting something useful for my time on that day on the monthly calendar than getting another useless 3* I have no need for.

• Sundance_2099Sundance_2099 Posts: 2,793 ★★★★★
    It's not all about you. think of the poorer summoners who haven't been playing that long, or don't have the time or inclination to grind arena 24/7/365. They can be a quite helpful way to get units, revives, catalysts or even some of the champions, albeit at 3*.
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    I have never had a 4* from a login crystal. If I did at this point I wouldn't really care. I ranked 4* void for LOL x23 (and he one shot her lol) but that was the first 4* I've ranked in ages. Might be the last unless I finally pull wolverine or there is another specific need like Void. So yes, even if I get the 4* I probably won't care and won't rank. Time to make it a guaranteed 4* I won't care about with a chance at a 5* I'll never pull lmao
  • Batman1903Batman1903 Posts: 208
    ACCORDING TO ME THE CALENDAR FOR PLAYERS WHO HAVE OPENED THEIR ACCOUNT JUST BETWEEN THE TIME PERIOD OF 1-5 MONTHS SHOULD HAVE SUCH CRYSTALS WITH THE GIVEN DROP RATES. FOR PLAYERS PLAYING THE CONTEST ABOVE 5 OR 6 MONTHS THAT IS THE VETERAN BRACKET SHOULD GET CRYSTAL HAVING GUARANTEEING 4 STAR AND RARE CHANCE FOR 5 STAR HERO
    edited December 2018
    It's not all about you. think of the poorer summoners who haven't been playing that long, or don't have the time or inclination to grind arena 24/7/365. They can be a quite helpful way to get units, revives, catalysts or even some of the champions, albeit at 3*.

I am thinking of the new Summoners.

While new summoners would still get those Crystals, I would like them to replace the Crystal with something useful for Summoners depending on their title.

Like I’ve said several times before, I have no use for this Crystal and the useless 3* I get every month. I would prefer getting something I can actually get some kind of use out of, like a T4 shard Crystal or something.

And do you honestly think a player who has the Uncollected title cares about these Crystals? No, they don’t. They probably just sell the useless 3* they get for shards.

This is why they need to change this up. It’s not enjoyable going through the entire month and getting this **** Crystal if you’ve completed Act 4 or 5.