**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Void and Stacks of FotV

dkatryldkatryl Posts: 672 ★★★
edited December 2018 in General Discussion
Void's signature has a line about how FotV only has a max of 2 stacks.

Playing around with my r3 5* Void against RoL WS, no matter what I tried, at most, i could just barely get a 2nd FotV stack up with less than 5 seconds before the previous one dropped off.

Other than the passive application every 10sec and spamming sp1, is there a faster way to get the debuff stacks up?

Is there a scenario where you could be getting 3+ FotV stacks up where the line about 2 stack cap is required in the sig?

Comments

• dkatryldkatryl Posts: 672 ★★★
    Okay, i guess the followup question, does FotV buffs stack?

In particular, the attack bonus?

If it does, I can see the need for a cap. If it doesn't, what's the point?
  • Deadbyrd9Deadbyrd9 Posts: 3,469 ★★★★
    edited December 2018
    Fear of the void is more useful for the aspects that aren’t the attack boost. Having 400% healing reversal would be over powered for nodes like buffet
  • krauserhuntkrauserhunt Posts: 365 ★★
    dkatryl wrote: »
    Okay, i guess the followup question, does FotV buffs stack?

In particular, the attack bonus?

If it does, I can see the need for a cap. If it doesn't, what's the point?

Does it matter, one fotv and you are looking at an opponent who can't do much.

Attack is not the only thing void is capable of. I'm taking on 5.3.4 Hyperion with 5/50 void and soloing him each time.
  • dkatryldkatryl Posts: 672 ★★★
    edited December 2018
    Sure, I understand the useful things Void can do, he's on my main quest team with a r4 5* OG Vision for the avengers synergy, as well as a 6* CAIW, also taking advantage of the same.

The thing I was asking was the line in the sig that said FotV capped at 2 stacks, which only matters of there was a scenario where you could ever hit 3 stacks before the first one dropped off.

And from the sounds of it, other than wonky 'specials cost 50%' nodes, it isnt likely you will ever hit a 3rd stack even spamming sp1.

Especially since i basically had to test against WS for an opponent to LIVE long enough to get to a 2nd stack!
  • Helicopter_dugdugdugHelicopter_dugdugdug Posts: 555 ★★★
    Power reserve node can get u more stacks

Also if u have avengers synergy and u go against an avenger , that’s an easy stack
  • Strikerrx8Strikerrx8 Posts: 1,090 ★★★
    Hi