**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Unawakened Hela

DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,542 ★★★★★
Other than synergies and the heavy-fury buffs, what are the pluses of unawakened Hela?

Dr. Zola

Comments

• Starscean98Starscean98 Posts: 92
    I think you pretty much summed it up already. I think she is more reliable in longer fights that shorter ones. Stack few furies + l2 armor break and dmg is pretty significant.
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,542 ★★★★★
    Thx—That’s what I thought. Pretty decent middle of the pack champ who can deal damage in long fights. Already invested in Prox who is probably better given her true strike.

Dr. Zola.
  • RaikisRaikis Posts: 173
    I love using Hela, together with Angela, saved me a lot of revives :)
  • Marri_2Marri_2 Posts: 577 ★★★
    edited December 2018
    DrZola wrote: »
    Thx—That’s what I thought. Pretty decent middle of the pack champ who can deal damage in long fights. Already invested in Prox who is probably better given her true strike.

Dr. Zola.

If you can intercept reliably, yes, but I ranked up Proxima, awakened her, and I find the AI is avoiding intercepts. I don't think I have ever regretted anything in MCOC more...because my VtD is now at 1-10 unduped and Proxima is Arena Fodder.

I tried 30x against WS already and I die on the intercept mission. I have tried the 'wait for him to dash in'-approach, the aggressive 'mll(l) dash out intercept'-technique and even the 'intuitive touch' (which seems easy when Dave does it, but I always get hit LOL). Nothing works for me. Any fight where I would need that kind of damage I just can't intercept 4x without getting hit.

I know, git gud, but I don't really feel like practicing endlessly with a champ who doesn't help in much content. She was my IMIW plan, then they buffed Venom...much easier to use.

Hela is easier than Proxima. Parry, MLM 2x, then parry, charge heavy and release just before the stun expires. Then SP2 and hit away. I was forced to R4 her (best champ I had when t2a was expiring) and even though I'd pick Venom over her now, she is still great for AQ. I bring 4-55 Hela, 5-50 Gulk and 4-40 Rags, boom, she destroys everything.
  • Arbiter2426Arbiter2426 Posts: 346
    I have a video on yt that shows of her damage I've got her up to a 23k medium attack after a solid six minute buildup
    Marri_2 wrote: »
    DrZola wrote: »

Dr. Zola.

If you can intercept reliably, yes, but I ranked up Proxima, awakened her, and I find the AI is avoiding intercepts. I don't think I have ever regretted anything in MCOC more...because my VtD is now at 1-10 unduped and Proxima is Arena Fodder.

I tried 30x against WS already and I die on the intercept mission. I have tried the 'wait for him to dash in'-approach, the aggressive 'mll(l) dash out intercept'-technique and even the 'intuitive touch' (which seems easy when Dave does it, but I always get hit LOL). Nothing works for me. Any fight where I would need that kind of damage I just can't intercept 4x without getting hit.

I know, git gud, but I don't really feel like practicing endlessly with a champ who doesn't help in much content. She was my IMIW plan, then they buffed Venom...much easier to use.

Hela is easier than Proxima. Parry, MLM 2x, then parry, charge heavy and release just before the stun expires. Then SP2 and hit away. I was forced to R4 her (best champ I had when t2a was expiring) and even though I'd pick Venom over her now, she is still great for AQ. I bring 4-55 Hela, 5-50 Gulk and 4-40 Rags, boom, she destroys everything.

First of all @Marri_2, I never say git gud—the game experience from device to device is so variable that I often feel like I’m playing an entirely different game from the one Seatin and Dave play on their devices. Four years in and it just isn’t something anyone on the game team pretends to care about anymore.

Second, I’ve had decent luck with Prox intercepting lately, but I often feel like her moves are too long to intercept consistently. Not sure if it’s me or my WiFi or phone, but I understand you. Seems like she has a shorter backdraft window.

Third, I appreciate the advice. I think I have 4* Hela but never ranked her. I’ve got pretty much every version of Rags available which means I can utilize at least that synergy. I confess to getting moderately excited pulling Hela because I’ve been on a terrible 6-month 5* run (only gotten Sentry and Prox from the 2018 champs, and not for lack of trying). Of course, I then realized Hela was a 2017 champ. Oh well, better than what I’d been getting anyway.

Cheers!
    Dr. Zola
    I have a video on yt that shows of her damage I've got her up to a 23k medium attack after a solid six minute buildup

Will check it out. Thank you!

Dr. Zola