**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Do you support spending in mcoc?

2»

Comments

• LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    PiccoloSBC wrote: »
    I personally think it’s absurd to continuously spend money on a mobile video game, when there are better things you could do with it. After all, anything that you buy is just a digital resource, and basically is free to generate for Kabam. Just wondering what you guys think.

Do you enjoy the game? Do you want it to be there in the future? If the answer to both questions is yes, then how is it absurd to support it? Free to Play is only possible if others spend.
  • Kushstar420Kushstar420 Posts: 192
    we need better deals or better items in the deals for what they are charging.
    some of the prices compared to what they give is absolutely nuts.
    yes to each their own but remember this is a DIGITAL GAME and when this game stops being supported you dont get anything to show so just remember when spending
  • KpatrixKpatrix Posts: 1,055 ★★★
    PiccoloSBC wrote: »
    I personally think it’s absurd to continuously spend money on a mobile video game, when there are better things you could do with it. After all, anything that you buy is just a digital resource, and basically is free to generate for Kabam. Just wondering what you guys think.

How do you figure that the digital resources are free to generate ? There is a business and employees behind this game, people work to create the content and their time isn't free, neither is the education needed to get to the point that they can make these things.

I understand what you're saying about these things having no real material value but they are nowhere near being free to create. There is also overhead required to keep the game running, servers and workstations are not free.

It's for this reason that I don't have any reservations about moderate spending. The developers have a proven track record and have kept the content fresh and up to date for 4 years now, and I know every month there will be new things added. If nobody spent on this game, it would have disappeared long ago. It's impossible to sustain a business without income.
  • Lt_Magnum_1Lt_Magnum_1 Posts: 639 ★★
    I am 100% FTP but I don't have an issue with it in the Gold 1-2 area. But when you go to platnium and master, AW becomes whale wars.
  • we need better deals or better items in the deals for what they are charging.

Kabam's revenue numbers suggest otherwise. Remember that in a free to play game the object is not to force everyone to spend. It is to get those willing to spend to subsidize those unwilling or unable to spend, so that you end up with a larger player population that makes for a more attractive game overall.

In fact, it is better for the game overall if the value of most deals frankly sucks. Because the more value that is in every cash deal, the greater the gap in the game between big spenders and little spenders, and between all spenders and the free to play players. The free to play players have to believe they aren't being completely left in the dust or you stop attracting new players.

An ocean with no fish also has no whales.
  • TacoScottyTacoScotty Posts: 407 ★★
    It’s entertainment - it is no different than spending money to watch a movie, going to an amusement park etc. You can’t compare it to purchasing material items for that isn’t the category it falls into.

Now if you don’t enjoy the game and/or feel the need to spend more than you want to versus other entertainment than that’s your own personal choice.

Also to say it is free for Kabam to generate that is a little misleading. They have employees designing Champions, brainstorming the next set of nodes etc. Yes units/potions etc have all been designed and have little/no incremental cost but those things fund their design/development teams.
  • MattManMattMan Posts: 433 ★★★★
    Without spending there is no game. At least not one without constant advertising popping up