**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

Just wondering btw...

So i bought an annual crystal (the 150 unit one)
It is supposed to have better chances of pulling a three star or a four star than a premium hero crystal. But when i opened it, it seemed as though there only 2 stars in the hero pool. I saw more three and four star champions in the premium hero crystal. This has happened to me countless times. So i was wondering if it does actually have better odds or not or if it is a downgrade that costs more units...Has anyone else experienced this? Or is it just me?

Comments

• DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,957 ★★★★★
    The reel means nothing.
  • Datman257 wrote: »
    So i bought an annual crystal (the 150 unit one)
    It is supposed to have better chances of pulling a three star or a four star than a premium hero crystal. But when i opened it, it seemed as though there only 2 stars in the hero pool. I saw more three and four star champions in the premium hero crystal. This has happened to me countless times. So i was wondering if it does actually have better odds or not or if it is a downgrade that costs more units...Has anyone else experienced this? Or is it just me?

"Saw." I assume you mean "saw" as in "saw in the animated spin reel when spinning the crystal." The animated spin visual has no correlation to the crystal odds. It is literally a movie you watch before the crystal opens, it isn't a literal representation of how the computer chooses a reward. If the developers wanted to, they could put Godzilla in every spot just for giggles without changing the crystal. In fact, what happens to show up is a random selection of possible outcomes but they do not show up at the same odds as the drop odds. Because the odds of appearing in the reel are completely different from what the crystal contains, the visual appearance of the wheel can show different distributions of champs on every spin, for different players, at different times, regardless of what the actual crystal drop odds are.
  • Datman257 wrote: »
    I was "wondering" if the crystals were gimped.
    I didn't say that they were. Firstly, i know the crystal is based on rng and that the reel is just there to encite the person who opens the crystal, to make them feel like they are going to get good pulls but not really since it's based on rng. Secondly, what if the crystal is actually gimped? You may never know unless kabam gives out an official statement.

Official statement: https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/113093/the-2018-gifting-event-updated-dec-19-13-40-pst#latest
    Additionally, please note that the Annual Crystal and the Super-Sized Annual Crystal have the same Drop Rates as a PHC and a GMC, but only feature Champions from 2015 and 2018.
  • HaminHamin Posts: 2,444 ★★★★★
    No, the real doesn't mean much... It means absolutely nothing.