**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Is Blade 5* still worth R5?

Got enough resources to R5 another 5 star. I am curious if Blade is still worth investing in? I don’t get T2A or T5 very quickly. He is awakened. My other option is void.

Comments

• RemeliRemeli Posts: 608 ★★★
    Is this even a real question?

Sure there’s many great new champs that have been added this year but Blade is still top 3 at worst
  • ChampioncriticChampioncritic Posts: 3,347 ★★★★
    He's of course worth the r5. If you have ghost rider to pair with him that's even better.
  • Got enough resources to R5 another 5 star. I am curious if Blade is still worth investing in? I don’t get T2A or T5 very quickly. He is awakened. My other option is void.

Kinda depends on what you need. Both Blade and Void are worth r5. The question is which one will serve you better. Void has a lot of interesting offensive utility: I used him for the thorns path for example because he can kill without really hitting anything. But Blade can save you thousands of units of potions in many circumstances.

Honestly, hard for me to choose, since those are my first two r5s. But for the record, I did Blade first, and didn't regret that, and did Void second, and didn't regret that either.
  • MattManMattMan Posts: 433 ★★★★
    I have both of these champs as R5’s. Both are awesome but I will say Blade will be more useful overall to most people than Void.

Blade will get you through a lot of content and save you units due to his regen and high damage.
  • Kobster84Kobster84 Posts: 2,898 ★★★★★
    Remeli wrote: »

Sure there’s many great new champs that have been added this year but Blade is still top 3 at worst

Nah I’d say he’s top 10 rather then top 3
  • MattManMattMan Posts: 433 ★★★★
    DNA3000 wrote: »
    Kobster84 wrote: »
    Remeli wrote: »

Nah I’d say he’s top 10 rather then top 3

In a top player's hands, it is difficult to say. But in the average player's hands, I'd say Blade might be number one. In terms of skill required verses return on investment I can't think of a champion that delivers more to most players.

100% agree. If you’re playing content where a mistake isn’t instant death, Blade can erase many mistakes by regenerating back up to 71% health. Can’t say the same for Void.

Even the AW season of bleed immune...Blade was still a very solid option for me.
  • axelelf_1axelelf_1 Posts: 775 ★★★
    I just r5’d my void over blade today. He’s more useful to me (I run line 6) and new content seems heavily anti-blade. Both are great choices though
  • JRock808JRock808 Posts: 1,149 ★★★★
    The on demand regen is just too good in almost every situation. And I'd imagine the trinity will be useful yet again in act 6 against villains, mystics and dimensional beings.
  • CapWW2CapWW2 Posts: 2,901 ★★★★
    Of course
  • NikoBravoNikoBravo Posts: 447 ★★★
    What is the sig level of your Void? That’s a real important aspect to weigh in.

Blade is always worth a rank up to 5.
  • NojokejaymNojokejaym Posts: 3,892 ★★★★★
    take it from me who has a 5* blade i say no, they clearly creating all these new characters with these abilities to make blade useless
    Sighsohard wrote: »
    Blade is a training wheel for noobs. Mines at r1 and will likely never move further.

i feel the same as you
  • HaminHamin Posts: 2,444 ★★★★★
    edited December 2018
    Depends on your other options.

Edit: Void... more versitile
  • 10or_Strong10or_Strong Posts: 1,195 ★★★
    Nojokejaym wrote: »
    take it from me who has a 5* blade i say no, they clearly creating all these new characters with these abilities to make blade useless

I would strongly disagree with this. While there are new characters that prevent Blade from being instant death to them, I have not found any new characters that make a character with high damage output, DoT, and regeneration ON DEMAND to be "useless." I have him as one of my 5/65s, and he has been PLENTY useful against new champions and new modes in this game. Just because he may not be as insanely effective against the new champs as he is against your classic villains or dimensional beings, he still has plenty of use. And as has been previously mentioned in this thread, he is very user friendly. Whether you are newer and developing your skills or a seasoned vet, Blade is a useful champ that should be an asset to anyone's roster.

I would strongly disagree with this. While there are new characters that prevent Blade from being instant death to them, I have not found any new characters that make a character with high damage output, DoT, and regeneration ON DEMAND to be "useless." I have him as one of my 5/65s, and he has been PLENTY useful against new champions and new modes in this game. Just because he may not be as insanely effective against the new champs as he is against your classic villains or dimensional beings, he still has plenty of use. And as has been previously mentioned in this thread, he is very user friendly. Whether you are newer and developing your skills or a seasoned vet, Blade is a useful champ that should be an asset to anyone's roster.

he aint a asset to mine i keep him at rank 1 0/25
  • hydrogohardhydrogohard Posts: 218 ★★
    I hope so I just pulled him lolk15aclnot1ky.jpg
  • Duke_SilverDuke_Silver Posts: 2,421 ★★★★
    Just my opinion, but I was kind of underwhelmed when I took up my Blade (granted he’s a 5/50 but still). His damage isn’t what I thought it was gonna be. Nonetheless, he’s still a good champion and great in certain situations, you can’t go wrong with the rankup.
  • Denzel116Denzel116 Posts: 537 ★★★
    .....bruh, rank him up.

Thank me later.
  • Des1234Des1234 Posts: 80
    Rank blade up you will not regret he’s still one of the best champs f all these others who don’t like blade I did mine to r5 about 3 weeks ago
  • OrangieOrangie Posts: 76
    Wasn’t ever worth r5 , quite a few better options
    DNA3000 wrote: »

he aint a asset to mine i keep him at rank 1 0/25

Mine would be worthless also if it was at rank 1/0.

well i keep him there because i have better champs to rank up
  • B_Dizzle_01B_Dizzle_01 Posts: 1,637 ★★★
    Definitely worth rank 5. Best skill champ in the game.