**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Ghost and Hood synergy

StrategicStrategic Posts: 632 ★★★
Anyone knows what Ghost's synergy with Hood does? I mean it says that she takes no damage while phasing but isn't that already built into her with no need for synergy?

Comments

• nebneb Posts: 453 ★★★
    I think the strongest use of that synergy is it allows ghost to tank a sp3 and take zero damage. It has a few other uses too like buying time to transfer bane or to mitigate limbo damage.
  • StrategicStrategic Posts: 632 ★★★
    neb wrote: »
    I think the strongest use of that synergy is it allows ghost to tank a sp3 and take zero damage. It has a few other uses too like buying time to transfer bane or to mitigate limbo damage.

I don't think she needs synergy to tank sp3.
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    Strategic wrote: »
    neb wrote: »

I don't think she needs synergy to tank sp3.

She does
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    Bringing hood with my r5 ghost helped on quite a few fights in variant ch2
  • hmdemerahmdemera Posts: 78
    I'm glad this was mentioned as I too wondered the same. Her ability description says all incoming attacks have a 100% chance to miss while phased. This would indicate she would not take any damage. Would this be inclusive of special attacks? Damage over time debuffs convert to fury buffs. Does this include limbo and damaging nodes like starburst?
  • ThesurvivlistThesurvivlist Posts: 195
    edited September 2019
    hmdemera said:

I'm glad this was mentioned as I too wondered the same. Her ability description says all incoming attacks have a 100% chance to miss while phased. This would indicate she would not take any damage. Would this be inclusive of special attacks? Damage over time debuffs convert to fury buffs. Does this include limbo and damaging nodes like starburst?

No Limbo and Starburst are dot passives not debuffs
  • Xyresic_LemonXyresic_Lemon Posts: 125
    edited September 2019
    Alright, to clarify this and summarize what everyone has already said:
    1. All attacks (including special attacks) are guaranteed to miss while ghost is phasing, similar to how some champions may evade attacks. This does not include the SP3, she needs the hood synergy to avoid that damage.
    2. She converts damaging debuffs into furies when she phases. This does not include nodes like bane, starbust, or limbo. However, if she has the hood synergy, she will not take damage for the duration of these effects, but they are still active on her. If they are still active when phasing stops, she will begin taking damage.
    3. The other big use of the hood synergy is to phase away the recoil damage after throwing a special two. It is hard to time it correctly, but it is very possible and very useful.
  • Kevo9513Kevo9513 Posts: 356 ★★
    Let me just show you with pictures. I tend to use hood when I feel like playing super aggressive or against champs that gain power frequently so I never take dmg from sp3’s

1. All attacks (including special attacks) are guaranteed to miss while ghost is phasing, similar to how some champions may evade attacks. This does not include the SP3, she needs the hood synergy to avoid that damage.
    2. She converts damaging debuffs into furies when she phases. This does not include nodes like bane, starbust, or limbo. However, if she has the hood synergy, she will not take damage for the duration of these effects, but they are still active on her. If they are still active when phasing stops, she will begin taking damage.
    3. The other big use of the hood synergy is to phase away the recoil damage after throwing a special two. It is hard to time it correctly, but it is very possible and very useful.

How can she phase the recoil damage? Recoil happens at the end of the animation when she's no longer phased.
    In the past it happened before the animation so it could have worked but not now.
    Thank you all for helping to clarify. I will share this with my alliance members as we weren't sure, hence why I sought out the answer in the forum. She will be a force to reckon with in alliance wars teamed up with Hood and Wasp.
  • GamerGamer Posts: 10,034 ★★★★★
    Strategic said:

How can she phase the recoil damage? Recoil happens at the end of the animation when she's no longer phased.
    In the past it happened before the animation so it could have worked but not now.
    You can stil phes rocoll only from a sp2
    Gamer said:

Strategic said:

Just tested Ghost with Hood and she didn't phase the recoil. I died when it said recoil and did notice a bit of health gone every special. And yes I did use only L2s.
  • Strategic said:

Gamer said:

Strategic said:

Just tested Ghost with Hood and she didn't phase the recoil. I died when it said recoil and did notice a bit of health gone every special. And yes I did use only L2s.
    You didn't do it fast enough
  • GamerGamer Posts: 10,034 ★★★★★
    Strategic said:

Gamer said:

Strategic said:

Well I’m doing it.
    A video will probably be helpful.
  • SDPSDP Posts: 1,622 ★★★★
    Phase at the moment her feet touch the floor after L2

hmdemera said:

A video will probably be helpful.

Just search @PandamanPete ‘s videos
    He’s an awesome ghost player
    I think he has a good tutorial video about her
    Is this on YouTube?
  • PandamanPetePandamanPete Posts: 107
    You just have to phase immediately after the special ends. The timing is very tricky to perfect though, it’s a very small window