**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

New 5* Offer for 7500 units..thoughts?

ThebgjThebgj Posts: 635 ★★
Anyone want to buy my kidney?..JK..I could really use that offer

Comments

• CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
    Apparently some of you weren’t around for the first 5* Marvelous crystal offered? Well it was a 15000 unit crystal that included champions not available in the 5* pool but who had been released in featured crystals. It included champs like She Hulk, KK, JF, VP, HtD, etc. People gobbled that one up, The comparative value of this latest crystal is insane.

P.S. Taking offense from an offer? Yous gots issues.
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,479 ★★★★★
    edited December 2018
    @CoatHang3r, the $99.99 Recap crystal earlier this year was a better offer comparatively, although it required cash and not units. Thirteen possible champs including Domino, Corvus, Void, Prox and a host of top tier champs plus Sentry and Bishop. So in that light, this is a decent step up in cost.

But as I said—I’m not outraged or offended. Offeror is the master of his/her offer.

Dr. Zola
  • krauserhuntkrauserhunt Posts: 365 ★★
    Ok yes
    CoatHang3r wrote: »
    Apparently some of you weren’t around for the first 5* Marvelous crystal offered? Well it was a 15000 unit crystal that included champions not available in the 5* pool but who had been released in featured crystals. It included champs like She Hulk, KK, JF, VP, HtD, etc. People gobbled that one up, The comparative value of this latest crystal is insane.

Now is now and yes it's good to comparison to check old prices but let's be a bit realistic here.

I've spent about 12k units on crystals past year and pulled about 3-4 5 star champs - Hawkeye, AEgon, The hood , and a whole bunch of 4 stars that gave me 5* shards and also 4* DarkHawk, Corvus Glaive, Masacre, Sentinel.

Honestly the deal is ok, nowhere near the value you'd get from opening let's say 25 FGMC.
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    Ok yes

Now is now and yes it's good to comparison to check old prices but let's be a bit realistic here.

I've spent about 12k units on crystals past year and pulled about 3-4 5 star champs - Hawkeye, AEgon, The hood , and a whole bunch of 4 stars that gave me 5* shards and also 4* DarkHawk, Corvus Glaive, Masacre, Sentinel.

Honestly the deal is ok, nowhere near the value you'd get from opening let's say 25 FGMC.

Lol you could open 25 and get 25 3*s so I wouldn't say that at all

I've opened hundreds of fgmc since their introduction. Occasionally you get lucky, mostly you don't. I spent over $750 trying to get blade and didn't get him once and pulled like 2 5*s I didn't want or need from his crystals.

While this deal isn't too good to pass value, it's guaranteed 5* vs a complete gamble with fgmc. To say they're better value is laughable
  • krauserhuntkrauserhunt Posts: 365 ★★
    Ok yes

I've opened hundreds of fgmc since their introduction. Occasionally you get lucky, mostly you don't. I spent over $750 trying to get blade and didn't get him once and pulled like 2 5*s I didn't want or need from his crystals.

While this deal isn't too good to pass value, it's guaranteed 5* vs a complete gamble with fgmc. To say they're better value is laughable

I've yet to experience getting 25 3* from fgmc in a row.

Same logic , less probable but you could get 25 5* from fgmc.

Also, I didn't say that someone should open 25 of the same fgmc, I've found that opening 2 or 3 of any fgmc are sufficient, if you get the champ then great else it's better to move on.

I've never spent money (except the $1 deal), so maybe that's why we have difference of opinion.
    Ok yes

I've yet to experience getting 25 3* from fgmc in a row.

Same logic , less probable but you could get 25 5* from fgmc.

Also, I didn't say that someone should open 25 of the same fgmc, I've found that opening 2 or 3 of any fgmc are sufficient, if you get the champ then great else it's better to move on.

I've never spent money (except the $1 deal), so maybe that's why we have difference of opinion.

I didn't say it was likely and neither have I. I've went 20 with 1 4* and no 5*s though.

Your odds are no better in 3 than they are in 300. Have the same chance at getting that champ in every crystal.

I don't think either are incredible value. All I was saying is that saying this deal is worse value than fgmc is laughable which it is.
  • abelarmiabelarmi Posts: 86
    I got the deal. I didn't spend cash to get my units either. I tend to save throughout the year and not waste them on crystals that only have a 2% chance at a 5*. Unfortunately I got Night Thrasher but it was still free since I am frugal and would have played the arenas anyway
    abelarmi wrote: »
    I got the deal. I didn't spend cash to get my units either. I tend to save throughout the year and not waste them on crystals that only have a 2% chance at a 5*. Unfortunately I got Night Thrasher but it was still free since I am frugal and would have played the arenas anyway

That's rough. I got VtD which certainly wasn't my 1st choice but I can live with it. Really didn't want night thrasher or another aegon
  • DoctorJDoctorJ Posts: 842 ★★★
    Buy it and sell it.
  • abelarmiabelarmi Posts: 86
    Worknprogress,. I was hoping for Emma but oh well, a new champ is a new champ.
    I wanted to dupe my Emma as well. She or omega were my top choices
  • Yea, they deleted my post about this. The micro transaction thing has gotten out of control. I recommend you guys emailing Kabam (if you spend) and getting your spending totals. They will beat around the bush, but if you push the issue they will give it to you. It made me physically ill to find out my total.

If you need to do that to know how much you've spent on the game, it isn't the game that is out of control.
  • darkklawdarkklaw Posts: 93
    I feel like for 7500 units you should get your choice or which champ you get from their selection.
    Otherwise make it a 5000 unit crystal similar to OG Vision.
  • New_Noob168New_Noob168 Posts: 1,562 ★★★★
    I like it, I got aegon
  • Had my post deleted discussimg this issue.
  • New_Noob168New_Noob168 Posts: 1,562 ★★★★
    Mallachai wrote: »
    Had my post deleted discussimg this issue.

what did you say
  • If you have the units already it’s a decent deal. A high chance of a great 5 star champ. But spending 250 bucks to buy those units for a chance at a great champ but also a chance of champion is not wise.

I don’t think it’s ever wise to pay (1) for a chance at something: or (2) for resources you could easily have within a month or so. But buying resources that could take a year to earn or buying a generic awakening gem or a specific champ are good reasons to spend money if you can justify it in the first place

I know a LOT of people who would drop 200 or even 500 bucks tomorrow if a 5 star awakened scarlet witch was released. They figure the 800-1500 hours a year they spend in this game would be much more enjoyable with a hero like that. For others, it makes no sense at all since that money is more valuable elsewhere
  • Helicopter_dugdugdugHelicopter_dugdugdug Posts: 555 ★★★
    Never bought any offers and i have completed everything the game has to offer .. yet, i m not offended or angry at the offer ... they offered something, i can refuse to buy or someone might buy it .. I don’t see the point of outrage
  • Kushstar420Kushstar420 Posts: 192
    sadly not worth it at all.
    maybe for 2 5*s id do it (MAYBE) but with rng youre better off saving units or using it for fully exploring act 4 or completing act 5 or doing some act 5 runs
  • sadly not worth it at all.
    maybe for 2 5*s id do it (MAYBE) but with rng youre better off saving units or using it for fully exploring act 4 or completing act 5 or doing some act 5 runs

Depends on what your situation is. If you're an arena grinder that hasn't pulled an r4 worthy 5* champ yet, this is a golden opportunity to spend units which you should have a ton of and can easily replace on something that will instantly improve your roster strength and ability to do higher content. That's very obviously worth it, and there must be literally thousands of such players.

On the other hand, while I would love to get virtually every champ in the crystal I'm currently depleted on T2A and units. That means I would have to buy the units instead of burning units I just got from gameplay, and I would be using them to basically buy a champ that would likely sit at r3 for a very long time (not just because I'm low on T2A, but also because I'm closing in on 2xT5b which means any T2A I earn is likely going to go towards that next r5 rank up). By the time I'm able to rank that 7500 unit champ up, I might have pulled them just from blind luck through regular crystal openings.