**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Loss out on platinum because no war match!!!!

This is a huge problem, how does this happen? We are gauranteed plat 3 even with a loss, but war matching took over 4 hours and we couldn’t find a match so we will be stuck in gold 3. Can any mod help? Why is the system so broken? @Kabam Miike @Kabam Lyra

Comments

• LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    Happened to us the third war of this season. Put us way down in gold with a war rating still getting us plat 2 matches. Screwed up our whole season. Fortunately we had enough time to at least get back solidly in Plat 3 but it's a big problem. Sorry you got screwed @NomedYeshua. Hopefully they will overhaul the whole matchmaking system to prevent this and other issues.
  • klobberintymeklobberintyme Posts: 1,403 ★★★
    This is a huge problem, how does this happen? We are gauranteed plat 3 even with a loss, but war matching took over 4 hours and we couldn’t find a match so we will be stuck in gold 3. Can any mod help? Why is the system so broken? @Kabam Miike @Kabam Lyra

It's not broken if you consider there's enough alliances in the last weekend of the season who are locked into position and thus won't bother with one last war - especially the ones above you and the ones below you who are closest to your ranking.
  • Why wait so long to start wars?
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    Why wait so long to start wars?
    Point is war was searching for 4hours plus. Nobody was waiting.

Well at some point your alliance was waiting...roughly 20 hours. You acknowledge the system may be broken, so why even chance it? Start sooner and you eliminate the possibility. I agree, it sucks. There is a simple solution though. I’m in a p2 alliance and we initiate matchmaking almost immediately. We’ve never had to wait more than 10 minutes for a match.

You don't have 24 hours to find a match...
  • cookiedealercookiedealer Posts: 260 ★★
    Why wait so long to start wars?
    Point is war was searching for 4hours plus. Nobody was waiting.

Well at some point your alliance was waiting...roughly 20 hours. You acknowledge the system may be broken, so why even chance it? Start sooner and you eliminate the possibility. I agree, it sucks. There is a simple solution though. I’m in a p2 alliance and we initiate matchmaking almost immediately. We’ve never had to wait more than 10 minutes for a match.
    We do too and are on top of it. We start it asap, it has never done that to us before. Sucks, apparently this happened/ happens to others.

Kabam should be able to see when you guys started matchmaking.

I hope they do help you guys out if you started searching as you've said.
  • @NomedYeshua who cares?
  • Ezra7676Ezra7676 Posts: 670 ★★
    I had that happen 1st season in gold1. You gotta start them earlier. No match is no match, you late to the dance.
  • Jkw634Jkw634 Posts: 283 ★★
    Def can not harass the guy for when they start aw. You base it upon time restraints of 30 people We start ours at 630 pm central. Which is 2.5 hours from cutoff on last search day. It is what works best for our 1 who Malaysian bg and the rest of us can start. They fiNish during the night while we sleep then we wake up keep moving and gives all bg time at the very end to tie up loose ends due to them getting at the end.
  • Ezra7676Ezra7676 Posts: 670 ★★
    Ezra7676 wrote: »
    I had that happen 1st season in gold1. You gotta start them earlier. No match is no match, you late to the dance.
    Don’t know how some ppl can’t read, we start war early and as soon as one ends we start the next.

I read it. You started it 3.5 hours before matching went down. Unfortunately most ally's in higher brackets are starting sooner. Ours is starting in 2 hours, meaning we started looking for match about 8 hours before it went down. It sucks but officers gotta stay on top of it.
  • This is a huge problem, how does this happen? We are gauranteed plat 3 even with a loss, but war matching took over 4 hours and we couldn’t find a match so we will be stuck in gold 3. Can any mod help? Why is the system so broken? @Kabam Miike @Kabam Lyra

Is 2392 tier 3? For some reason I thought that was tier 4.

Unfortunately what little we know about how the match making system works based on observation isn't enough to be sure if this is a malfunction, in the sense that the system could have found a match but failed to do so, or an algorithmic design flaw where due to the way the matching system is programmed to find matches this sort of thing is inevitable. Both are true in general: I think the system sometimes malfunctions and sometimes it works "correctly' but fails to match because under the criteria it is programmed to follow no match is possible. It is much more likely to happen with alliances that have a high war rating/tier, significantly different than average alliance rating for their tier, and match later in the cycle. In other words, I don't know what the average alliance rating is for a ~2400 war rating alliance but if it is a lot different than 21 million you'd be more susceptible if you match later in the cycle.

I wish there was a simple way to fix this, but everyone proposing simple solutions is just not understanding (or not caring about) the full problem. I think the only way to eliminate this problem is to impose fixed match making and fixed match times, and you probably can't do that across the entire player population. But you could enforce it across the players competing for Gold 1+ rewards and let everyone else fight on a more casual schedule.
  • Blax4everBlax4ever Posts: 683 ★★★
    It’s painful to read this and I barely play anymore. AW needs to be overhauled a complete reimagining of the mode.

Just unwind a bit and see how everything shakes out.
  • SuvenduSuvendu Posts: 177

Should have canceled match making and start it again when you had the time
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,221 ★★★★★
    My ally is in tier 3 this season. We started today’s war (the last one for the season) about an hour after the time matchmaking was open on the first day (3am my time).

If the system is as such, then you’ve to play around it. We don’t have much of a choice.
  • spaceoctopusspaceoctopus Posts: 1,111 ★★★
    Suvendu wrote: »

Should have canceled match making and start it again when you had the time

This just happened to us again this season, this time on this last war. Both times it cost us ranking spot.

One time I did cancel after over an hour of searching and found a new match in minutes, but I've been leery ever since because you get the warning that you basically lose your place in line and have to start over. There's obviously something wrong there or I wouldn't have been able to make a match so quickly before.

The cut off for war should be for starting matchmaking. All those who have started matchmaking before the cut off should be guaranteed a match, even an unfair one at that point.
  • OrangieOrangie Posts: 76
    I call ****
  • RustyWarRustyWar Posts: 40
    This just sounds like bad luck. Your issue is with the other alliance that matched you starting 3 hours later than you did... kabam can’t invent another alliance out of thin air for you to fight.

It’s a circle of complaining.. match you with a higher alliance you will complain.. match you with a lower alliance that will be unfair to them and they will complain...

Just bad luck and misdirected blame