**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

2 awakening gems [Merged Threads]

Comments

• KarnageKarnage Posts: 152 ★★
    would be nice to know in a timely manner as some have gotten a nice advantage of a 2nd gem

Please keep in mind that we're investigating this and the root cause while also during a Holiday. Though it is taking longer than you may hope, we are still determining what would be best in our final outcome. We appreciate your patience with us while we do this.

@Kabam Vydious Thank you for your updates, I appreciate its a holiday and I hope you all have a great new year's. As a side note, could you please clarify what the actual requirements are for getting rank rewards from the alliance gifting event as quite a few people in my alliance are confused at to whether they need to hit all the milestones, or if they just have to get any amount of points towards the event. Some are debating whether or not to go for the t2a frags from the last milestone as they don't really need or want the t2a, but don't want to lose out on rank rewards. Any official clarification would be appreciated as I can't seem to find an official response to this anywhere in the forum. Thanks
  • NOOOOOOOOPEEEEENOOOOOOOOPEEEEE Posts: 2,803 ★★★★★
    Karnage wrote: »
    would be nice to know in a timely manner as some have gotten a nice advantage of a 2nd gem

Please keep in mind that we're investigating this and the root cause while also during a Holiday. Though it is taking longer than you may hope, we are still determining what would be best in our final outcome. We appreciate your patience with us while we do this.

@Kabam Vydious Thank you for your updates, I appreciate its a holiday and I hope you all have a great new year's. As a side note, could you please clarify what the actual requirements are for getting rank rewards from the alliance gifting event as quite a few people in my alliance are confused at to whether they need to hit all the milestones, or if they just have to get any amount of points towards the event. Some are debating whether or not to go for the t2a frags from the last milestone as they don't really need or want the t2a, but don't want to lose out on rank rewards. Any official clarification would be appreciated as I can't seem to find an official response to this anywhere in the forum. Thanks

Ok 1 this isn't the thread to discuss that but 2. You do not need to hit all the milestone rewards to get ranked rewards as soon as the ally unlocks ranked rewards everyone can get it. Its always been like that.
  • KarnageKarnage Posts: 152 ★★
    This is my thread lol, but thanks for the info 👍
  • NOOOOOOOOPEEEEENOOOOOOOOPEEEEE Posts: 2,803 ★★★★★
    Karnage wrote: »
    This is my thread lol, but thanks for the info 👍

I know it may be your thread but the comment was off-topic.
  • Dmonster69Dmonster69 Posts: 15
    Hopefully they do the right thing and give out a 2nd 5 star gem to all that only got one!
  • allinashesallinashes Posts: 777 ★★★
    The thread was no longer bumping to top early on, so it's likely it will just go away quietly. Along the lines of the 2015 rankup deal. This probably affected a statistically insignificant number of players from Kabam's viewpoint, so best to take no action.

I can't make myself care too much at this point. Good on them that got theirs. I got what I was supposed to get even though it was my 4th tech in a row and all 4 are sitting there in inventory because I have no one to use them on lol.

• SgtSlaughter78SgtSlaughter78 Posts: 462 ★★★
    What was this? Struggling to find the thread here.
  • Do you have any proof that some people got 2 AG crystals?
  • Shaun01Shaun01 Posts: 249 ★★
    I have yet to actually see anyone that got Two 5* AG. Anyone have a ss?
  • Give them at least until next Monday to post before going crazy. This week was a holiday week as well. Most people will be back to work Monday.
  • New_Noob168New_Noob168 Posts: 1,562 ★★★★
    RunamokUSA wrote: »
    And if it is true, how did it affect you?

uh, it's an unfair advantage to others.

and yes, it will probably be ignored by them
    The_One wrote: »
    It will be handled the same way as the 5* punisher debacle/pure skill mastery issues and all the other issues.
    They'll ignore it until it goes away

This. But I'd say be patient, and give them the time to come out with the official line. It's very unlikely to be reversed now. A good portion will have been used and champs ranked and leveled. I personally feel it's equally unlikely we will all get a 2nd as well. It would making a small oopsie into a larger one and set a precedent in player's minds. Be content you got yours whether it was one of two and move on. Nothing to see here.

allinashes wrote: »
    The_One wrote: »
    It will be handled the same way as the 5* punisher debacle/pure skill mastery issues and all the other issues.
    They'll ignore it until it goes away

This. But I'd say be patient, and give them the time to come out with the official line. It's very unlikely to be reversed now. A good portion will have been used and champs ranked and leveled. I personally feel it's equally unlikely we will all get a 2nd as well. It would making a small oopsie into a larger one and set a precedent in player's minds. Be content you got yours whether it was one of two and move on. Nothing to see here.

considering how angry people were about dec 25th only to get some good will back, it would be a massive mistake not to do a 2nd crystal to everyone and lose it.

Hey, I tend to agree, but long experience counsels other. Trust me I won't turn up my nose if they do send out a 2nd though lol.
  • SpiderCoolsSpiderCools Posts: 615 ★★★
    Was there ever any proof of this? If so i want to see it

Clearly acknowledged by Kabam as shown earlier in this thread, of you read the thread that is.

• JRock808JRock808 Posts: 1,149 ★★★★

Watched someone get 3. Yes 3. Kabam was informed.
  • V1PER1987V1PER1987 Posts: 3,474 ★★★★★
    😂 man Kabam actually does something amazing in the form of FREE 5* awakening gems and there’s STILL complaining. I know I’ll get flagged for this but this has me rolling. Man. I say Kabam should stop trying to do nice things for the community. Only put items on the maps or in rewards. Don’t give free crystals, items from calendars, and certainly not free 5* awakening gems. I got one on each one of my accounts and I honestly couldn’t care less if some people got a second one free. The fact they even gave everyone Uncollected one for free is amazing and usually costs a minimum of $100. Wow. Just wow.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,861 ★★★★★
    https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/114131/2-awakening-gems-merged-threads/p3
    Hey y'all -

I merged another thread into this so I wanted to swing by and give some more insight on this.

At the moment the most common way to have gotten two Awakening Gem Crystals was one from our gift and the other from a Greater Gifting Crystal. However, it seems that some have experienced a hiccup from our end where they were able to claim two Awakening Gem crystals. This was not an intentional thing and we are investigating the cause.

They need to either remove the ag that should have never been given or send out the 2nd gem to everyone, pretty simple and easy to be fair to EVERYONE. its a valuable resource to everyone and beyond unfair that some have had a 2nd one 9 days and we have yet to have an answer as to how this is going to be handled and fixed.

Kabam doesnt answer to you. You will likely never know what they did. Even if they came out and said "we removed the extra AG" you wont believe it happened. They won't and haven't commented on any actions taken on accounts aside of total player based issues.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,861 ★★★★★
    JRock808 wrote: »

Watched someone get 3. Yes 3. Kabam was informed.

Proof?
  • phillgreenphillgreen Posts: 3,645 ★★★★★
    Heres how it plays out.

"A small subsection of the player base, 0.0000x % were awarded an extra gem by mistake. we have fixed the error and determined no action will be taken"
This discussion has been closed.