**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

THIS IS WHY HYPERION NEEDS A NERF

Comments

• MandagarMandagar Posts: 51
    edited July 2017
    Hazem wrote: »
    Noobs, leave hype alone...he's easy to make him do sp1 and 2

@Hazem, I'm not a noob. In fact, I've been playing the game for the last 3 years. I have noticed since battling Hyperion, it is and it isn't easy to bait his specials. I find it is easier to bait the L1 and L2 specials in quest modes. In arenas it is not much harder to bait those l1 and l2 specials but as soon as you get into AQs then it becomes more difficult to bait the L1/L2. I'm not saying it can't be done but I have experienced Hyperion being able to get to his L3 more often in AQ as compared to any of the quest modes. Now when we get to the AW, it's impossible or next to impossible to be able to bait either the L1 or L2 specials. For me, when in an AW, it is like a 90% chance he will sit and wait for his power gain to take him to his L3 then a 10% chance that I can bait either his L1 or L2 specials. I, myself, do not want to see him nerfed big time like other champions have been done in the past but I want to see Hyperion made to be a better champion with a balanced offense as well as defense. Improve the AI so that he is not completely reliant on that power gain/block. I am getting tired of seeing him hide behind his power gain/block while waiting for his L3 to become available (that is punk ___ move and should be lessened or reduced).

I hope to some day get either a 4 star or 5 star Hyperion so if he should get nerfed, I hope that it will be in a good way that will help the future of this game.
  • I just got a 4* Hyperion recently, and i love him, he's my favorite champ, and if he gets nerfed cuz of u people....
  • Mr_OtterMr_Otter Posts: 1,614 ★★★
    I just got a 4* Hyperion recently, and i love him, he's my favorite champ, and if he gets nerfed cuz of u people....

You still love him like people still love Thor and SW
    Seriously in war all he ever does is sit and block
  • rozerosrozeros Posts: 39
    Noobs stop the nerf talk and learn skills you have been told many times already! These nerf topics are getting way old now!

Agree with You Sir 100%
    Heartless wrote: »
    Mr_Otter wrote: »
    The fact that everyone defends this u godly bad designed champion mostly for Act5 reasons just shows the bias that blinds them to the issues. HE DOES NOT BAIT! Even piwer control champs are at MAJOR risk due to pushing him to L3 being extremely easy when he almost never baits. The way he's designed with his power gain being 1 of 3 most controversial OP BS things in the game along with Limbo and MD. His AI plays like he's on a defensive mode from Event quests except even Heavy attacks don't work making getting your power meter insanely hard so you can't control his power. Not to that his heavy has such a GOD AWFUL range that makes even blocking halfway across the screen a death sentence.

What if he didn't gain power while blocking?

If you had any skill it wouldn't be a problem. Just because you suck at fighting him doesn't mean he needs to be nerfed. Step your game up and stop whining.

Right vs the guy who blocked and only attacked when I tried to break his block! ILL GET RIGHT ON THAT YOU ELITIST! The fact I lost my Hawkeye 3 times to this demon who all he did was stand there arms crossed charging up the L3 has nothing to do with the fact Hyperion is OP…

RttL
    5.1 100%
    4 master titles (including 100% power gain bosses)
    Uncollected
    Web Slinger

Yeah it's my SKILL that's the issue
  • SirnoobSirnoob Posts: 952 ★★★
    The fact that everyone defends this u godly bad designed champion mostly for Act5 reasons just shows the bias that blinds them to the issues. HE DOES NOT BAIT! Even piwer control champs are at MAJOR risk due to pushing him to L3 being extremely easy when he almost never baits. The way he's designed with his power gain being 1 of 3 most controversial OP BS things in the game along with Limbo and MD. His AI plays like he's on a defensive mode from Event quests except even Heavy attacks don't work making getting your power meter insanely hard so you can't control his power. Not to that his heavy has such a GOD AWFUL range that makes even blocking halfway across the screen a death sentence.

If you had any skill it wouldn't be a problem. Just because you suck at fighting him doesn't mean he needs to be nerfed. Step your game up and stop whining.

Right vs the guy who blocked and only attacked when I tried to break his block! ILL GET RIGHT ON THAT YOU ELITIST! The fact I lost my Hawkeye 3 times to this demon who all he did was stand there arms crossed charging up the L3 has nothing to do with the fact Hyperion is OP…

RttL
    5.1 100%
    Uncollected
    Web Slinger

Yes I have 2 master titles and til under my belt plus about to be done with road we all have that one guy we suck fighting against hype is urs
    Sirnoob wrote: »

RttL
    5.1 100%
    Uncollected
    Web Slinger

Yes I have 2 master titles and til under my belt plus about to be done with road we all have that one guy we suck fighting against hype is urs

I stood open for 8 seconds and he STILL held his block… that isn't skill that's TROLLING
  • DD2DD2 Posts: 309 ★★★
    edited July 2017
    No one should ever be nerfed. If champs are too strong, buff up the weaker ones.Kabam promised us "fair and balanced champions" during nerfgate, so nerfing should never come up again. People work too hard to get and rank up their champions.
  • Mr_Otter wrote: »
    I just got a 4* Hyperion recently, and i love him, he's my favorite champ, and if he gets nerfed cuz of u people....

You still love him like people still love Thor and SW

Yea, I do still love my SW, but I'm sure I'd like her better if she didn't get nerfed

• Otter you just need practice fighting hype
  • World EaterWorld Eater Posts: 3,542 ★★★★★

Let's stop this right here.

If anyone gets nerfed, it's because Kabam didn't know what they were doing when they created said hero.
    DD2 wrote: »
    No one should ever be nerfed. If champs are too strong, buff up the weaker ones.Kabam promised us "fair and balanced champions" during nerfgate, so nerfing should never come up again. People work too hard to get and rank up their champions.

Doesn't fair and balanced mean not getting meaningless deaths? Having a CHANCE to attack?

Oh yeah Hyperion is "fair"

Doesn't fair and balanced mean not getting meaningless deaths? Having a CHANCE to attack?

U do have a chance if he is playing defensive then them things do heavy attacks more often r bring a champ that degens not every champ and ai should get changes to just because there difficult to fight
  • MikeHock wrote: »

Let's stop this right here.

If anyone gets nerfed, it's because Kabam didn't know what they were doing when they created said hero.

That's probably true

• If they do nerf again, I want those rank down tickets again. Those were great

U do have a chance if he is playing defensive then them things do heavy attacks more often r bring a champ that degens not every champ and ai should get changes to just because there difficult to fight

Yeah go for the heavy and combo'd on

GREAT ADVICE!

(Did that didn't work… but it did make him use an L2 after getting 5-hitter on me… KO)

GREAT ADVICE!

(Did that didn't work… but it did make him use an L2 after getting 5-hitter on me… KO)

Change strats mate dormomu sw voodoo rouge are just a few
  • JaffacakedJaffacaked Posts: 1,415 ★★★★

RttL
    5.1 100%
    Uncollected
    Web Slinger

Only 4 master titles. Please stop crying about Hyperion it's getting really pathetic now. They are not going to nerf him do either learn how to fight him either the right champs, or quit the game an go play Pokémon go or something

GREAT ADVICE!

If I can't even charge an L1 without strong L3 to death how is rogue supposed to help?
    Jaffacaked wrote: »

RttL
    5.1 100%
    Uncollected
    Web Slinger

Only 4 master titles. Please stop crying about Hyperion it's getting really pathetic now. They are not going to nerf him do either learn how to fight him either the right champs, or quit the game an go play Pokémon go or something

Yes 4! Hyperion on power gain stopped me in November. Cable stopped me in January as I was still building my roster and my best champs were mostly Bleed based to keep up with 5* armor stats. And Dormammu… was a really good fight but the paths too him were stacked with some amazing champs and the insane power flood meant the single slip insta-killed which was daunting as my best counter was only Joe Fixit and his L2 at the time

I could have gone for March but Iceman was daunting and by the time I actually tried the event was over.

It was also during March that I got my first 3 r5s as I was working with a weaker alliance before a Glory was a thing. But as of late I don't even flinch at 5.1 and basically strolled through itnonly reviving twice for AA when ICE and Cable got the better of me
  • subject was had to be like this:
    "I CAN NOT KILL THAT CHAMP, NURF HIM!"
  • Drago_007Drago_007 Posts: 10
    I'm sorry, but he's super easy. I even put my maxed out 4* on the stun immune mini boss and he didn't get one kill
  • JaffacakedJaffacaked Posts: 1,415 ★★★★
    Jaffacaked wrote: »

RttL
    5.1 100%
    Uncollected
    Web Slinger

Yes 4! Hyperion on power gain stopped me in November. Cable stopped me in January as I was still building my roster and my best champs were mostly Bleed based to keep up with 5* armor stats. And Dormammu… was a really good fight but the paths too him were stacked with some amazing champs and the insane power flood meant the single slip insta-killed which was daunting as my best counter was only Joe Fixit and his L2 at the time

I could have gone for March but Iceman was daunting and by the time I actually tried the event was over.

It was also during March that I got my first 3 r5s as I was working with a weaker alliance before a Glory was a thing. But as of late I don't even flinch at 5.1 and basically strolled through itnonly reviving twice for AA when ICE and Cable got the better of me

Honestly only 4 titles means your still a bit inexperienced, so how about learning to fight better instead of crying nerf. Just except defeat on this cos it's not happening

GREAT ADVICE!

If I can't even charge an L1 without strong L3 to death how is rogue supposed to help?

Here are some tips
    Practice makes perfect let someone else in ur ally hit hype and practice on him via duals till u get the hang of it
    https://youtu.be/YTGFXN9kZNI
  • RedNinjaRedNinja Posts: 8
    Just learn the matchup and bring someone that can counter Hyperion
  • OGHeRRoOGHeRRo Posts: 113
    @Mr_Otter ,

I'm not sure if you gotten the picture yet. Several people here are trying to help you get there. For a champ that you deem requires a nerf here's a list of counters.

Counter to hyp:
    magjik (nullify, power lock)
    Doc ( nullify , fate seal)
    Voodoo( power burn, power drain)
    OG vision( power burn/ steal)
    Vision( power burn/steal)
    Yondu( -50 decrease power gain)
    SW (nullify, power lock)
    GR( fate seal, damnation)
    Dorm( power drain)
    WS ( sporadic power drain)
    Rogue( power steal)
    Pyslocke(power lock)
    Loki( buff steal)
    CW( power drain)
    HE ( power drain)
    gwenpool( powerlock)
    I know I am missing a couple more but that's 16
    champs that can stop hype's power gain. Literally 16 different characters in the game. Here's a suggestion for you AW is a team event let another team member with OG vision take that power gain node, he builds power the fastest in the game period ( synthesis). Hype can be tough but is definitely beatable. He doesn't have automatic damage like :
    Iceman(cold snap)
    Magik ( limbo)
    Dorm( degen)

He's not a master evader like : NC, or any spidey variation. You're using your experience against hype which others have learned to handle ( more effectively and efficiently than you have) to make a blanket cry out for a nerf. I don't see the sound logic here. So do yourself a favor take the advice , practice, watch videos, if you have significant skills as you claim you'll beat hype the next time you see him in AW. A skilled player always finds a way to get better at this game we love and beat tough opponents , not petition for heroes to be nerfed just because they are "difficult " to get past.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,192 ★★★★★
    The Blocking is not a Hyperion issue. It's the AI in general. It has two common patterns lately. Holding Block until it ambushes, or super-aggressive Attack. Hyperion doesn't need to be nerfed.
  • Etaki_LirakoiEtaki_Lirakoi Posts: 480 ★★

RttL
    5.1 100%
    Uncollected
    Web Slinger

We gonna list achievements? To determine skill?

RoL
    RttL
    5.1 100%
    All master titles except for the first and last.
    Web Slinger and Bautista Bomb
    Uncollected

And many other people are still better than me.

Now do I out-rank you? Can I say it now?

Hyperion is difficult, but he doesn't need a nerf, you need to focus on playing against Hyperion and countering him, not complaining on the forums when you can't beat him but many others can.
  • OKAYGangOKAYGang Posts: 524 ★★★
    Haha, too bad Strange, SW, and Thor are pretty much unusable in AW now, they all would have been a greater counters before they got nerfed.
This discussion has been closed.