**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Community Forums, Tools, and Programs - what do you want to see in 2019?

Comments

• please elaborate on what you mean by folks using it to hide bad behaviour.

If we enable deleting, some players could intentionally write things that are toxic and bad. Then they could delete them afterward leaving no trace.

Apologies regarding the PM, I can understand why that would be off-putting. If a duplicate post happens again, just let one of the mods know and they will delete it for you.

-- Kabam Kaylee

• PlagueisBanePlagueisBane Posts: 232

please elaborate on what you mean by folks using it to hide bad behaviour.

If we enable deleting, some players could intentionally write things that are toxic and bad. Then they could delete them afterward leaving no trace.

Apologies regarding the PM, I can understand why that would be off-putting. If a duplicate post happens again, just let one of the mods know and they will delete it for you.

-- Kabam Kaylee

Thank you for your reply, and that i certainly appreciate the clarification regarding the bad behaviour. Merry Christmas to you and your folks. :)
  • DeadmaddyDeadmaddy Posts: 123
    Not censoring posts which highligh legitimate issues? Not closing threads by copy pasting a template answer? Being more open and transparent about issues surrounding this game.
  • HaminHamin Posts: 2,444 ★★★★★
    Deadmaddy wrote: »
    Not censoring posts which highligh legitimate issues? Not closing threads by copy pasting a template answer? Being more open and transparent about issues surrounding this game.

In fairness, they close and delete threads that address the same issue. People feel like creating a new thread when there is already one on the first page. People then throw tantrums when the threads are merged, closed or deleted.

In short, there is no reason to cry foul when they are having a discussion about the issue.
  • winterthurwinterthur Posts: 7,655 ★★★★★
    Is there a function which allows jumping to comments made by moderators within a thread (rather than reading everything)?
  • Yup recruitment group should be added and that should be divide as per AQ map or AW tier. But that is the most important requirement for members like me. Hopefully in 2019 there will be group for recruitment.
  • TreoTreo Posts: 382 ★★
    I would like to see an other way the bug section works ...

Personally I feel I post a bug and it gets lost in the masses ... and if I bump it I get a warning ... and still I have no idea if I am being heard ...

Some solutions might be things like this

If a bug is read -> replace it to a “collecting data about this bug section
    If it’s found what causes the bug and there is being worked on a solution — new section
    If a solution has been found and or implemented ... archive ...

Something like that ... but it would take a lot of work I think for you ... so if there is another solution where you can find out if you are being heard and what is being done would be nice !!!
    winterthur wrote: »
    Is there a function which allows jumping to comments made by moderators within a thread (rather than reading everything)?

Click "Moderator" or "Administrator" under the thread title. It'll take you to their first post in the topic.
  • Kanan_Kanan_ Posts: 3
    For these forums, can you please add an option to change your username if there isn’t any? If there already is one, can you please explain to me how to change your username. I’ve been wanting to rename my account. Thank you.
  • winterthurwinterthur Posts: 7,655 ★★★★★
    Hamin wrote: »
    winterthur wrote: »

Click "Moderator" or "Administrator" under the thread title. It'll take you to their first post in the topic.

Wow! Thanks.
    @Kabam Kaylee

Where are we with fixing the forum navigation?
  • FR33_HUG5FR33_HUG5 Posts: 1,196 ★★★★
    Oh, and maybe add a dislike button? That way people will stop abusing the flags.

Lol I can clearly see Kabamike getting the brunt end of this feature if it is ever implemented.
  • A separate forum category for tips for newer players could make sense; within the strategy & tips part or by its lonesome.
    Could make it easier for 1-30 day and 31-60 day accounts to discuss arenas and for it it remain in a separate area for easy lookback by new players. May be a bit unneeded as many new players don’t get into forums or other community discourse areas until later in playing but having it can make forums easier to access when starting; can also be a thing in a mail that new players get directed to if they chose to.
  • Captain_NietschCaptain_Nietsch Posts: 481 ★★
    Oh, and maybe add a dislike button? That way people will stop abusing the flags.

Yeah, dislike, or disagree could be useful.
  • Captain_NietschCaptain_Nietsch Posts: 481 ★★
    Welcome Kaylee,

I would personally love a part of the forum with champion descriptions. A place where we can search for complete and up to date info on the champs and all their features, and maybe a section for masteries, buffs and such. A database of knowledge to help us stay informed when choosing what champs to rank up and so on
  • Hamin wrote: »
    @Kabam Kaylee

Where are we with fixing the forum navigation?

Hi Hamin,

We're looking at forum improvements and bug fixes this month but we don't have an exact timeline yet.

Thanks
    - Kabam Kaylee
    Thanks for the update, Kaylee.
  • DJJZ15DJJZ15 Posts: 46
    I love the emails with our stats, it'd be cool if there was a easy way to look at all of them at once rather then the few you guys decide on
  • Happy New Year everyone!

Did a bit of cleaning up on this discussion and wanted to get back to those who submitted suggestions over the past few days.

@winterthur - Added under Dev/Mod Tracker
    @Sohaibb  - Added, really like the sub directories
    @Treo - Agreed, we’re absolutely looking at how we can communicate bug status in a better way.
    @Drooped2  - Added, and great idea
    @StarFighter0717  - Added. Good ideas for newer players!
    @Captain_Nietsch - Thanks for the welcome! Added

Thanks again for the great ideas.

- Kabam Kaylee
  • mum_m2mum_m2 Posts: 1,776 ★★★★
    first off welcome Kaylee,

When you say you're a fan, I have a couple questions.

Do you play the game?
    What part of the game are you in? End game, Act 5, Etc?
  • SassarothSassaroth Posts: 11
    edited January 2019
    Bottom of post has summary.

I would love to see your own alliance sub-forum. We have been sorta encouraged to use other forms of communications other than the game. The games, chat abilities are... minimalist. Third party communications, Though they are helpful, draw the player away from Kabam. So why not have Kabam have us communicate through them when it is not in game. Possibly, letting our Alliance Leaders create our own sub-forum. Inviting our current members in, guests, recruiting, and the ability to remove people. This would ALSO allow Kabam a spot in those sub-forums to advertise specific messages that are alliance oriented. AKA advertise shop and cash shop things.

To make sure the sub-forum does not take a lot of memory. Its capabilities will be limited to text. no images, and no direct hyperlinks. Members can post, edit posts and see alliance only threads. Officers can remove and edit posts, and remove non-officer players, and mute guests. Leaders have all above, but can invite guests not in the alliance, and remove officers and mute people from posting. Guests can post and edit and cannot see alliance only threads.

To make sure the forum is not swamped with new sub-forums.
    1. The leader or officers would need to check in regularly on the forum (every 14 days) or the alliance forum would go into archive for an additional 14 days then get delete. This would prevent mass storage problems.
    2. The alliance needs to be 30 days or older in game. Only the leader can create the sub-forum.
    3. if the system deletes the sub-forum. They must reestablish. Nothing is kept.

So TLDR. Sub-forums for 30 day or older Alliances that they are responsible to keep active or its automatically gets removed from Kabam forums.
  • Hammerbro_64Hammerbro_64 Posts: 7,463 ★★★★★
    This might get tricky compared to some of the other ideas from folks here, but maybe let people view your profile directly from the forums, so you can get an idea of how much they know the game (for example, I would check to make sure I'm not getting rank up advice from a "noob"). [The simplest way I see this happening is through each player's kabam account]

Also, can there be a feature where the OP can close their own thread? It would solve the unneeded continuation of quest advice, rank up polls, even duplicate or simple question polls. Keep the forums tidy.
    Maybe add a warning flag when people are about to necropost?

Like before the comment is posted have a flag pop up and say something like, "This topic has not been been replied to in 6+ months. The subject of the topic is probably out of date. Are you sure you want to continue?"
  • phillgreenphillgreen Posts: 3,645 ★★★★★
    I would rather see ROL, LOL and permanent content bumped than have to wade through 300 threads about same.
  • phillgreenphillgreen Posts: 3,645 ★★★★★
    Even champion threads are better bumped than reposted.
  • MegasBack wrote: »
    Would love to see more interaction or availability from the moderator side in the future.

Help ticket times are forever long so having more presence here to help with random issues and customer service issues would be great especially since kabam doesn’t currently have phone based support.

Hi MegasBack,

I can saw with confidence that we'll be engaging more with the community, however we still want all bugs to go through our Customer support. They have access to the proper tools and tracking that we need to keep bugs tracked and solved.

Thanks

- Kabam Kaylee
  • @mum_m2 Thanks for the welcome, I do play the game and I’m not nearly as far as you are! Midway through End Game. I’ve loved Marvel since I can remember, come home every day after school to watch reruns.
    @sassaroth - Added, interesting idea…
    @Hammerbro_64  - Added, we’ve discussing a way to surface game progression in the forum profile.
    @Hamin - Added
This discussion has been closed.