**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

AQ reset Discussion [Merged Threads]

Comments

• @Kabam Miike I think not rewarding glory, battle chips and fragments is a huge slap in the face to the community. Whether or not it was a “small” number shouldn’t matter. We are your customers and you should compensate ALL rewards that have been missed considering it was YOUR businesses mistake.
  • Deacon03Deacon03 Posts: 235 ★★★
    because of this reset, we cant run our normal sequence of map 5/6 and will most likely not be able to complete day 5 as we will be severely short on time. poor business practice not not accommodate all effected just because it was "a few" alliances. I am sure and you can say its not true but we have all seen the posts and comments from former employees of kabam, that if this effected the whale alliances things would of happened such as 30 minute timers
  • KyrazmomKyrazmom Posts: 159
    How about some 30 min timers? That would help out a lot, especially for day 5!
  • Why did it take so long to get a basic response? My alliance waited for this response, and it's now 28+ hours into AQ, and we have no chance of completing normally. We weren't sure if our alliance resources with be depleted pointlessly. Now we are 1.5 days behind the 8 ball. This sucks.
  • L8RdaysL8Rdays Posts: 26
    This is extremely frustrating for us. Last week our alliance finished above rank 120 and reached above the 170 mil milestone. That is significant in terms of glory and rank up resources that we will not be receiving this aq round. We have also been top 250 in aq for weeks now, and because of this bug we are going to be no where near that level. We are going to be missing more than an entire day of maps worth of points, which in no way is our fault, but we somehow get punished for it? How does that many any sense in any way, shape or form?

Why wouldn't you simply award all affected alliances the exact same rewards as they received last aq. How hard could that possibly be to do? The mistake was on the service providers side, not the customer.

And how many maps exactly are we going to be reimbursed for? We had the first one reset and then we started a second one accidentally at a time that was not regular for us. As a result, our map 6 group didn't finish (which has literally NEVER happened in our alliance-we have a 100% completion rate of Map 6). Are we getting reimbursed for that error as well? As we getting the crystals we missed from that second set of maps that was started?

Now we are stuck waiting until our regular start time for the next aq map, and are just losing points. None of this makes any sense to me whatsoever. It is just incredibly frustrating for an alliance that focuses on aq to lose those critical resources.

I honestly can't even understand how this compensation could be messed up so thoroughly. It just reinforces my lack of faith in the way the game is run.
  • mum_m2mum_m2 Posts: 1,776 ★★★★
    All, he said no rank rewards that doesn't mean the compensation package won't include those items in the rank rewards.
  • It’s frustrating when there’s an issue with the game that costs the players with no fault of their own. Would be such a simple fix by just having 30 min timers. Whether it affected a small amount of allainces or not, what’s the harm in that? By not doing that, your screwing over the affected alliances because they most likely won’t be able to finish on day 5 now, mine included, and these allainces did absolutely nothing to deserve that. Honestly feel disrespected by it. I’m a loyal customer who has spent a ton on this game, why should I suffer for a mistake that I didn’t make? Why should anyone? For the life of me I can’t understand why making your customers happy always seems to be at the bottom of kabams priority list.
  • L8RdaysL8Rdays Posts: 26
    mum_m2 wrote: »
    All, he said no rank rewards that doesn't mean the compensation package won't include those items in the rank rewards.

You didn't read the message. They specifically said: Milestone/Rank Rewards are not likely to be included in this compensation

So basically this is a lost week of aq for us. So frustrating that they continually feel the need to treat customers with such disrespect.
    L8Rdays wrote: »
    mum_m2 wrote: »

You didn't read the message. They specifically said: Milestone/Rank Rewards are not likely to be included in this compensation

So basically this is a lost week of aq for us. So frustrating that they continually feel the need to treat customers with such disrespect.

No your interpretation of their message omits that the compensation they are referring to would not include those items. They can't rank us accordingly sure but they sure as hell can give us the glory and crystals that we typically get in the past as a compensation package without being ranked.
  • @mum_m2 I’m not sure where you are trying to go with this. Why would they imply that we are not getting rank/milestone rewards but include glory, t2a fragments, t4b, and t4cc (aka rank/milestone rewards) is this compensation? He did say we will get map cost and map crystals but did not mention glory, t2a shards, etc... I like you optimism but I read that as we are not getting rank/milestone compensation outside of what we actually earn this week, which will be significantly lower than normal due to this day 1 reset issue.
  • So AQ rewards just came out, we dropped from rank 150 last week to 1250 this week... and there’s nothing we can do. Please reconsider adding rank and milestone compensation for this week when you issue out the map refund and crystals.
  • DroidDoesDroidDoes Posts: 404 ★★
    So AQ rewards just came out, we dropped from rank 150 last week to 1250 this week... and there’s nothing we can do. Please reconsider adding rank and milestone compensation for this week when you issue out the map refund and crystals.

Yes, wanted to keep my thread alive! And also check in with our results as well, as the series just ended and rewards came in. We typically land in the top 700-800 (at the absolute lowest) or so, with 140 million+ points. This time we scored just over 111 million and ranked 1,601, having lost all of day 1 and getting day “2” started a bit later than we normally do and trying to scramble to play catch-up essentially. Keeping fingers crossed for some solid/balanced compensation, and if any of the mods can comment, still hoping to hear what was the cause of the crash in the first place, but not for all alliances!

(Side note: was happy to see this post pop up on Rich The Man’s daily MCOC news vid, you should check him out if you haven’t already! This will be something I plan on adding to my channel as well when I pop open my next set of AQ crystals)

f2dd06rsajp6.png
  • rnr87rnr87 Posts: 394
    I agree we ranked 254 last week and ranked over 1800 this week at no fault of our own. @kabam any idea on what's gonna be done about this we got shorted glory ,t2a shards ,map 6 crystals,and a t4cc crystal this is more than a minor screw up and yet not an update yet as too if you guys plan too make this right.
  • SlankSlank Posts: 9
    So... AQ started, then restarted for us a few hours later, and then ended, and is about to start again.

And the mods haven’t mentioned anything since? If Kabam doesn’t plan on releasing the results of the investigation or providing compensation then they should have the courtesy to tell those affected by this issue that nothing is going to happen as a result of it. If Kabam is flummoxed because they don’t know what happened then please let us know that. I understand that it seemed to affect a very small sample of the player base that doesn’t make it any less frustrating for us just because AQ didn’t hiccup for the majority of players.

Please take some time to let us know where we stand. A little communication goes a long way.
    They havent said a word no time line or nothing. We dropped 1600 spots last aq at no fault of our own but we were told the beginning of this week for our compensation I believe and it's the end of the week maybe we will get some answers today.
  • crystaldsmithcrystaldsmith Posts: 471 ★★
    Has there been any resolution to this? We spent extra resources starting 3*5 again but none of us have received any compensation for the additional donations/ starting resources for the good up.
    Yes, was hoping for an update here as now 1) a new AQ series has begun and 2) it's Friday evening PST so chances are there won't be any more news until after the weekend.

Still hoping to at least hear what caused the initial crash, how many alliances it affected, etc; would like to be able to report with accurate information, both for my channel as well as to pass it along to Richtheman's MCOC News as an update to the original story of this. Hopefully with some appropriate compensation news as well!
    I saw somewhere else that our treasury will get refunded and we will get map crystal for that first aq that was cancelled only. No comp for the lost rankings or anything.
  • Kabam LyraKabam Lyra Posts: 2,936 ★★★
    Hello,

We are still working on this and, as mentioned earlier, plan on refunding Treasury costs and awarding Map Crystals for those affected Alliances. We hope to be able to do that this week. Thanks for your patience!
    Kabam Lyra wrote: »
    Hello,

We are still working on this and, as mentioned earlier, plan on refunding Treasury costs and awarding Map Crystals for those affected Alliances. We hope to be able to do that this week. Thanks for your patience!

Appreciate the update Lyra. Especially for how long this is taking, any explanation as to what caused the bug, and why we’re only receiving treasury refunds and map crystals (unless the plan is to compensate extra for both)? By my review, using my alliance and our typical results as an example, we also each missed out on 400 glory, 200 5* shards, 1000 t2a frags, as well as individual rewards of gold, battlechips, t4b frags, etc etc. Any and all information/explanation would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
  • TCRxTCRx Posts: 23
    The official Kabam response has been Just Treasury costs and Map Crystals. At least they are consistent. I am still flummoxed by the lack of empathy for alliances that were completely blindsided by this. If you were to look at my alliances AQ finishes the week before "the event" and again this week and compare them to last week you easily would see the significant penalty that we received thanks to the unintentional but significant excursion that we received.

I am becoming resigned to the fact that this will not be corrected. I will chalk it up to Kabam apathy and laziness. Nothing else makes any sense. There are numerous ways this could have been rectified. Looking at previous finishing spots and taking the average, for example. By not doing something, they leave me with only laziness and apathy as possible explanations.
    Hi mods, wanted to bump this thread, any update on this today? End of the week and new series starts tomorrow, so I wanted to see if you still think this is going to be resolved this week, or if it’s going to be pushed out again
  • Kabam LyraKabam Lyra Posts: 2,936 ★★★
    Hi all,

We've sent out a mail message with the map costs and map crystals to those affected by this issue with Alliance Quest progress. Apologies for the delay and thank you again for your patience as we worked to resolve this.
  • TCRxTCRx Posts: 23
    1) Thank you for doing SOMETHING.

2) next time also engage your eyes and read thru the complaint. I am certainly happy to get SOMETHING but my glory budget was blown by this Kabam error and many voiced their concern with it. Kabam apparently doesn't care. And that is very discouraging.
    TCRx wrote: »
    1) Thank you for doing SOMETHING.

2) next time also engage your eyes and read thru the complaint. I am certainly happy to get SOMETHING but my glory budget was blown by this Kabam error and many voiced their concern with it. Kabam apparently doesn't care. And that is very discouraging.

Agreed TCR; I’m glad we finally received something, but I also was disappointed given how long it took (and we never found out why it happened, and only to a small number of alliances rather than globally). Will be adding a vid to my channel going into more detail about my thoughts on it all
    Just wanted to say that the compensation we got was well appreciated. thanks for following through.
This discussion has been closed.