**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Elemental trial- taking damage during special

So I was doing the epic trial today and twice while I was facing hela with my ghost rider, I used a special and we both became unstoppable. While my special was still going on she was able to hit me and cause me damage. What’s up with that? I did not record it because I rarely record my fights and I wasn’t going to try it again and waste another champ or units on a revive. I also had a special interrupted earlier this week in arena. I was using a Jane foster and I got knocked out of my special. (Don’t remember who I was facing)

Comments

• GamerGamer Posts: 10,144 ★★★★★
    Goken2345 wrote: »
    So I was doing the epic trial today and twice while I was facing hela with my ghost rider, I used a special and we both became unstoppable. While my special was still going on she was able to hit me and cause me damage. What’s up with that? I did not record it because I rarely record my fights and I wasn’t going to try it again and waste another champ or units on a revive. I also had a special interrupted earlier this week in arena. I was using a Jane foster and I got knocked out of my special. (Don’t remember who I was facing)
    It the node brawl
  • Primmer79Primmer79 Posts: 2,968 ★★★★
    Gamer wrote: »
    It the node brawl

His point is that he could take damage during a special, not the fact that they went unstoppable. You shouldn't be able to take damage during a special. I.E. try hitting fixit between his sp1 hits. you'll wiff
  • GamerGamer Posts: 10,144 ★★★★★
    Primmer79 wrote: »
    It the node brawl

His point is that he could take damage during a special, not the fact that they went unstoppable. You shouldn't be able to take damage during a special. I.E. try hitting fixit between his sp1 hits. you'll wiff
    Happe to me but that happen after.
  • Goken2345Goken2345 Posts: 621 ★★
    It the node brawl

What Primmer said. I don’t care about the unstoppable part but I shouldn’t be able to take any damage during a special besides damage over time or BB L2 special
  • djr17djr17 Posts: 650 ★★★
    It the node brawl

What Primmer said. I don’t care about the unstoppable part but I shouldn’t be able to take any damage during a special besides damage over time or BB L2 special

Pretty sure it's only DOT. I seem to recall them removing the damage taken on BB's L2. Or maybe I'm imagining things.
    djr17 wrote: »
    It the node brawl

Pretty sure it's only DOT. I seem to recall them removing the damage taken on BB's L2. Or maybe I'm imagining things.

I don’t have a BB high enough to use in anything so it’s been awhile since I’ve used him

• Kushstar420Kushstar420 Posts: 192
    its brawl the node. anything goes including what happened to OP.
    suggestion: time your attacks and watch the brawl timer
    its brawl the node. anything goes including what happened to OP.
    suggestion: time your attacks and watch the brawl timer

then how come the AI couldn't take damage during their specials?
  • JRock808JRock808 Posts: 1,149 ★★★★
    It seems to work differently if they gain it after you start the special. If it's already active you can intercept with a special, but it appears getting it mid-special breaks them out of it and they hit you. Maybe someone else has seen this as well.

Too late now, but best bet is to only use specials shortly after the last brawl cycle.
  • MaatManMaatMan Posts: 958 ★★★
    it seems like a good interaction with the node TBH.
    I have seen this happen many times.

normally when you fire a special they become "STOPPED" from retaliating against you.
    however as they become unstoppable you are unable to "STOP" them from hitting you. which a special attack would normally do.
    The fact that the unstoppable triggers during the special attack overrides the fact that a special attack cannot be interrupted.

i have seen it many times.
    as i said to me it makes sense with how the node is designed and i see it as something that we must just work around.
    seems like good challenging node design IMO.

also FYI i hate brawl node it is a pain in the backside but i dont think its broken
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,657 Guardian
    Primmer79 wrote: »
    It the node brawl

I don't think this is an actual rule of the game engine. Unless someone has a reference to an official statement I've overlooked, I think this is an inferred rule by the players but not a genuine rule of combat the game. It *seems* to be true most of the time, but I don't think it is literally true in all circumstances. But I could be wrong there.

But specifically with regard to this event, if you are in the middle of a special attack and both sides are unstoppable, the computer can and often will attack you, and their unstoppable seems to allow them to make contact with you causing damage. It isn't a glitch or anything: I've seen it happen literally every time the computer decided to attempt an attack while I was executing a special and both sides were unstoppable, which caused me to stop using specials when the timer was anywhere near the end (when I was able to keep track, it got difficult at times when the buff bar moved around too much).

Agent Venom, in particular, seemed to be especially aggressive in this situation. If both sides were unstoppable and I initiated a special attack, he *always* charged forward and attacked.