**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

To Spin or not to Spin???

Do you spin when opening your crystals or do you just hit the open button? Why?

To Spin or not to Spin??? 136 votes

Spin it
25%
Hort4Jetenyofish8sixAhitlawSpiderCoolsezgoingAanthoLeo_ruChosenOne94Advrcm2017Jrendon13Shadow_PhoneixPedritkodjr17Kobster84JayCeeProf_SpoodermannTony886Wozzy101 34 votes
Don’t spin, just open
55%
winterthurVdh2008SolswerdSnakeEyes69Swe_wolfisDarkstar4387JestressPlayerTreobelli300payebudumani274bm3eppsMityAntCoBfan1987PolarvortexGluteusMaximusHendrossCassyHammerbro_64 76 votes
Spin it, but hit to stop early while counting to random number in your head.
19%
Riise81adqqedfyvrLe_Marv_8Darkrider05Thecrusher_9756HilldarBlubfish_666Scarlett_hiddenblizzardHalleyThe_red_EclipseSairam44DomizthebestDenzel116Webby72Amazing_Demon05JAATKINGTomstar124LoctiteSuperGlueGritabit 26 votes

Comments

• -sixate--sixate- Posts: 1,532 ★★★★★
    Don’t spin, just open
    Never spin, been popping my crystals for years
  • Swe_wolfisSwe_wolfis Posts: 390 ★★
    Don’t spin, just open
    Why waste time spinning?
  • ContestOfNoobsContestOfNoobs Posts: 1,454 ★★★★
    Swe_wolfis wrote: »
    Why waste time spinning?

i like to screenshot the champion full character model when it pops out

other than that the REEL is a LIE
  • ChampioncriticChampioncritic Posts: 3,347 ★★★★
    edited January 2019
    Don’t spin, just open
    I've gotten on average better champs from popping than from spinning. Yes I know it shouldn't matter but that's just how is
  • djr17djr17 Posts: 649 ★★★
    Spin it
    Let's begin it
    Bear 'n grin it
    When you're in it
    You can win it
    In a minute
    When you spin it, spin it, spin it!

• krauserhuntkrauserhunt Posts: 365 ★★
    Spin it
    Just for fun and satisfaction.
  • Hammerbro_64Hammerbro_64 Posts: 7,463 ★★★★★
    Don’t spin, just open
    If it’s something like a 5* or 6* crystal, I’ll spin it but pretty much anything else pop
  • hiddenblizzardhiddenblizzard Posts: 506 ★★
    I once got a janefoster from phc which i earlier noticed that when the phc was still spinning my profile was showing a mark before stopping and when I got Jane foster i checked my profile which showed that there I then have a new profile pic which was Jane foster...... probably it is fixed what you get from phc
  • XxOriginalxXXxOriginalxX Posts: 1,324 ★★★
    It doesn’t matter but I just like the animation of the reel, I know it makes no difference
  • RiderofHellRiderofHell Posts: 4,390 ★★★★★
    But the question is, is it really predetermined?

Let say you pop Stark Spidey who to say if you spin you get him??? Without testing both mechanics we will never be sure
  • Darkstar4387Darkstar4387 Posts: 2,145 ★★★
    Don’t spin, just open
    Doesn't matter in the end, once a crystal is oppened or span you will get the same champion the only difference is seeing what you could have gotten which could make you very angry if it rolls off a good character and lands on a terrible one.

I stopped spinning them a long time ago better that way.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,649 Guardian
    I spin 4*, 5*, 6* and any crystal with a chance to score 4* champ or higher (like GMCs) except PHC which I get enough of that I can't spin them all out. I mostly pop the rest. Entirely for fun, not for any real reason beyond that.
  • Hammerbro_64Hammerbro_64 Posts: 7,463 ★★★★★
    Don’t spin, just open

Let say you pop Stark Spidey who to say if you spin you get him??? Without testing both mechanics we will never be sure

In alliances, you can see what you pull as soon as you put it on (assuming you get a 3*+). I’ve checked this with a friend.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,649 Guardian

In alliances, you can see what you pull as soon as you put it on (assuming you get a 3*+). I’ve checked this with a friend.

I tested this myself with two accounts side by side. My memory is a little hazy on precisely at what moment the drop shows up in the alliance chat, but it does show up long before the spinner finishes spinning. In fact, if you close the app while the spinner is spinning but after alliance chat shows the result, you are still locked into that result (I specifically tested that circumstance as well).
  • phil56201phil56201 Posts: 964 ★★★
    Don’t spin, just open
    Its depressing enough to pull a bad champ. Especially as a 5*. I see no reason to add to that by seeing "what I almost got."

So yeah, I just pop em all at once and be done with it.
  • ManfréaBolgenManfréaBolgen Posts: 139
    Don’t spin, just open
    I spin them occasionally, but I'm never doing it again.. it's just disappointing when you pull hulkbuster between two medusas 😥
  • acpacp Posts: 67
    Don’t spin, just open
    Don’t spin. It’s animation is bugged. It’s better to just open and get done with that adrenaline rush :/
  • MalkingreyMalkingrey Posts: 26
    I wish I popped open my 6* crystal. I didn’t need to see it skip right over Corvus and land on Luke Cage ( I already have an awakened rank 4 5*) 😑
  • Le_Marv_8Le_Marv_8 Posts: 84
    often when I have a similar dilemma...I rewatch most of the Rock's promo...

"It doesnt matter" what you do...cause its RNG (they say).
  • JayCeeJayCee Posts: 732 ★★
    Spin it
    Spin. It takes up time that i'd otherwise be spending bored out of my mind.
  • Samspade23Samspade23 Posts: 549 ★★
    Don’t spin, just open
    It doesn't matter. Either way I end up with worthless sacks of ish.