**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

Gwenpool plot armor working right?

KestrelleKestrelle Posts: 441 ★★
I have 3* GP with 54 in sig ability (no more than 68% of current health per hit of a special attack). I was fighting a hyperion in arena and while I was at 80ish% health, hyperion used special 2. First hit didn't do much, second took away 50% of MAX health, third kod me. What am I missing because I didn't think that was supposed to happen

Comments

• If you were knocked under 18% health, and the opponent had the Assassin mastery, they would have a chance of surpassing your ability.

If this wasn't the case, then for sure it's a bug.
  • HazemHazem Posts: 243
    True
  • KestrelleKestrelle Posts: 441 ★★
    That wouldn't cover hit number 2 which did 50% of my total health.
  • MegaSkater67MegaSkater67 Posts: 1,377 ★★★★
    edited July 2017
    Kestrelle wrote: »
    That wouldn't cover hit number 2 which did 50% of my total health.

EDIT: misread your post, missed that you'd said max health not remaining. It's possible that you was very close to the boundary where the sig would take effect though. Maybe the damage was slightly capped or just about to be capped. Hard to say without seeing the numbers. But yeah what @WilliamJakes said is correct, you can still be knocked out if your opponent has the assassin mastery or your opponent reduces ability accuracy like black widow or crossbones for example.
    Had it been someone like that, I agree...different story. Pardon my ignorance, but why wouldn't this passive always take effect.
  • Because some passives counter other passives.

Mainly to keep balance in the game.
  • RotmgmoddyRotmgmoddy Posts: 916 ★★★
    I have 3* GP with 54 in sig ability (no more than 68% of current health per hit of a special attack). I was fighting a hyperion in arena and while I was at 80ish% health, hyperion used special 2. First hit didn't do much, second took away 50% of MAX health, third kod me. What am I missing because I didn't think that was supposed to happen

If the first hit did at least 12% of your max health as damage, then the second hit dealt 50% of your health as damage, then the third hit could definitely have KO'ed you.

80% - 12% -50% = 18%, which, anywhere lower than this amount of health, results in assassination triggering for the enemy which reduces your defensive ability accuracy. Since GP's signature ability is a defensive ability, there's that chance of not triggering, hence what happened.
    Rotmgmoddy wrote: »

If the first hit did at least 12% of your max health as damage, then the second hit dealt 50% of your health as damage, then the third hit could definitely have KO'ed you.

80% - 12% -50% = 18%, which, anywhere lower than this amount of health, results in assassination triggering for the enemy which reduces your defensive ability accuracy. Since GP's signature ability is a defensive ability, there's that chance of not triggering, hence what happened.

If I were less than 18%, fine, but against hyperion it's the second hit that makes no sense. Say I start at 80% and the first hit does 10% of my current health. I'm now at 72%. The second hit can't do more than 68% of my current health. That would mean .32 x .72 = .23

Keep in mind that the damage isn't subtracted from my health in the way you just said. It limits damage on a per hit basis, and for each hit it looks at current health.
    Because some passives counter other passives.

Because some passives counter other passives.

My response lost context because the previous post was edited. There was a statement that maybe the sig didn't have enough points in it to take effect. Against characters that reduce my defensive ability, fine. My post was questioning why I'd need more points in sig to take effect
  • Etaki_LirakoiEtaki_Lirakoi Posts: 480 ★★
    edited July 2017
    Rotmgmoddy wrote: »

If I were less than 18%, fine, but against hyperion it's the second hit that makes no sense. Say I start at 80% and the first hit does 10% of my current health. I'm now at 72%. The second hit can't do more than 68% of my current health. That would mean .32 x .72 = .23

Keep in mind that the damage isn't subtracted from my health in the way you just said. It limits damage on a per hit basis, and for each hit it looks at current health.
    68% of your current hp(at 72% of your max hp) is 48%(of max hp bar)... .72 x .68 = .48~, I dunno why you're using .32 instead of .68.
    .32 would be the amount remaining. 68% damage dealt equals 32% health left
  • Etaki_LirakoiEtaki_Lirakoi Posts: 480 ★★
    .32 would be the amount remaining. 68% damage dealt equals 32% health left
    Oh, I thought you were talking about the damage taken, not where you end up at.

The problem is though, you don't know the exact percent you were at, 23% max hp is very close to 18% hp, and you don't know if you were at exactly 80% hp to begin with, you could've been a bit lower to bring you all the way to assassin range in the end.
    Because of my job, I'm extremely good at eyeballing measurements and discretizations. While I rounded for the purposes of this post, I can assure you my numbers were on the conservative side