**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Feels like KABAM is setting things up for ACT/RANK 3+ SIX STARS....

Frivolousz21Frivolousz21 Posts: 438 ★★★
Is it just me or does it seem like KABAM is just giving away five stars and tier 2 alpha?

Feels life they are getting the mid-level players a little bit of a boost in progression because once act six drops as well as rank 3 + 6 Stars the gap between the end gamers and the mid gamers is going to be massive.

I know finally becoming uncollected a month ago. More rewards and rank up materials come my way.

But damn since November this have influx of these materials seems evident.

Comments

• The_Boss9The_Boss9 Posts: 1,390 ★★★
    It was this way last gifting event, it’s the season of giving. Even kabam will surprise you.
  • Timone147Timone147 Posts: 1,276 ★★★★
    Yes does seem like they are opening the door to more t2a and 5 stars which is to be expected as content begins pushing up. Soon all permanent content launched like act 6 will be A challenge with a team of r5 5 stars and very hard with r4 5 stars(like maze for example). 4 stars will be left in the dust this year likely from a viability in top end content.
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    Is it just me or does it seem like KABAM is just giving away five stars and tier 2 alpha?

Feels life they are getting the mid-level players a little bit of a boost in progression because once act six drops as well as rank 3 + 6 Stars the gap between the end gamers and the mid gamers is going to be massive.

I know finally becoming uncollected a month ago. More rewards and rank up materials come my way.

Act 6 is coming although it will probably come out chapter by chapter and I doubt chapter one will have the rank up materials for a R3 6*. We had the 2* arena, the gifting event and a t2 alpha in December and January last year, so I don't think it means anything.
  • doctorbdoctorb Posts: 1,717 ★★★
    Has kabam said or hinted when act 6 will come???
  • ẞlооdẞlооd Posts: 2,005 ★★★★
    Idk but I'm sure my two DD Netflix's and Storm pulls will get me the completion lol
  • Roguefrogger13Roguefrogger13 Posts: 413 ★★
    The_Boss9 wrote: »
    It was this way last gifting event, it’s the season of giving. Even kabam will surprise you.

Exactly. It was Christmas time 😁 thanks again kabam peeps 🤙
  • spaceoctopusspaceoctopus Posts: 1,111 ★★★
    doctorb wrote: »
    Has kabam said or hinted when act 6 will come???

Sometime this year, early 2019 if I recall correctly.

Much like act 5 did with 5*s, I believe act 6 (in it's completion) will give us the materials to take a 6* to r3.

But that doesn't mean at all that it's made for champs at that level.

Some very skilled people completed act 5 with maxed 4*s and 5/3s. The majority did it with (at least one) 5/4. Now there's people completing it who have a 5/5 or 6/2 before even finishing it, but it wasn't meant to be that way I don't think.

When act 6 comes out I think there will be some highly skilled who do it with 5/4s, but the majority of us will need 5/5s and 6/2s. Then somewhere down the line people will be completing it with 6/3s with champs that make it easy that weren't available when we did it and we can all get together and play "back in the day".
  • OrangieOrangie Posts: 76
    Yep it’s going to happen, T4CC already waste for most, T5CC needed to convert and give end gamers something to save for
  • Putang76Putang76 Posts: 283 ★★
    You would say no if u seen my last 10 5 star pulls 😂
    But I do know what u mean, I seen so many newer players pulling god tiers.
  • Mitchell35Mitchell35 Posts: 1,897 ★★★★
    The free stuff is custom for them in December/around Christmas. Pretty great though, yeah.
  • belli300belli300 Posts: 704 ★★★
    6* r3 will most likely come with act 6 and since they are class catalyst even upon full exploration most will prolly not pull the need consecutive class cats to take their 6* to rank 3. I imagine it will be a long time before 6* r3 is attainable for 9/10 summoners and even big spenders will be subject to rng as they become more available.
  • Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
    I think act y will be in the next few months, maybe April, they’re making all of the resources slightly more available, and I feel like the endgame players are at the point where they need the next step, t5b are coming into offers frequently now and the same with t2a, I’d assume t5cc won’t be in chapter 1 but will be in act 6
  • ContestOfNoobsContestOfNoobs Posts: 1,454 ★★★★
    edited January 2019

@Frivolousz21

ok man, u just got uncollected and u feel that gap is becomeing to massive?
    you shouldnt be comparing urself to endgame,

you do know alot of end game players have been uncollected since day they first released uncollected monthly? thats literally over 1 year ago.

there will always be spenders, Kabam has OVERPRICED T5B deals that i seen so far, the biggest whales/end game players will buy that. There will be more money offers for t5b.

So you shouldnt compare END game to a Mid player who spends alittle and those who are F2P.

so the t5b gap already is pretty big the longer u arent uncollected + u wasnt able 100% the uncollected monthly since u wasnt uncollected....

i myself.... have 14...6* and NONE i would R2, the income of 6* shards are just not there.
    Seatin F2P is on its 5th 6*, but doesnt compete up here in Upper tiers of Aw.

Seen some people get REALLY lucky and get champs that are worth it, like someone who got corvus 6* as there first 6*. or some people managed to get god tier 6* with way less pulls than me.

sure they can R2 them..but its gona take a big hit on there prestige, on top of that, T5B still isnt abundant

Sure theres more 5* and t2alpha

but last year they did give away 1 T2alpha in dec and 1 in january.

but glory store wasnt there last year for example.

but the thing is, T5B is still hard to get, the only resources is by...
    1.100% uncollected that is the standard.
    2.Next being is a masters/platinum where u can get more T5B shards
    3. Buy the overprice $$$ offers for T5b

R3 6* are way to early. and not alot of people have resources nor a developed roster.
    the only way to get 6* shards is
    1. 100% uncollected monthly again..this is the standard
    2. Be in a masters/platinum alalince to get season rewards for 6* and tier 1aw gives 300 6* a win. T2 is 150 6*
    3. grind in the 5* featured arena to be in top 10% and 20% (2000 5* and 200 6% for top 10%)
    4. duping 5* champs
    5. buying deals for more 5* pulls for dupes or buying 6* shards deals.
  • Frivolousz21Frivolousz21 Posts: 438 ★★★
    edited January 2019

@Frivolousz21

you do know alot of end game players have been uncollected since day they first released uncollected monthly? thats literally over 1 year ago.

there will always be spenders, Kabam has OVERPRICED T5B deals that i seen so far, the biggest whales/end game players will buy that. There will be more money offers for t5b.

So you shouldnt compare END game to a Mid player who spends alittle and those who are F2P.

so the t5b gap already is pretty big the longer u arent uncollected + u wasnt able 100% the uncollected monthly since u wasnt uncollected....

i myself.... have 14...6* and NONE i would R2, the income of 6* shards are just not there.

Seen some people get REALLY lucky and get champs that are worth it, like someone who got corvus 6* as there first 6*. or some people managed to get god tier 6* with way less pulls than me.

sure they can R2 them..but its gona take a big hit on there prestige, on top of that, T5B still isnt abundant

R3 6* are way to early. and not alot of people have resources nor a developed roster.
    2. Be in a masters/platinum alalince to get season rewards for 6* and tier 1aw gives 300 6* a win. T2 is 150 6*
    3. grind in the 5* featured arena to be in top 10% and 20% (2000 5* and 200 6% for top 10%)
    4. duping 5* champs

I literally never said I feel like the gap is getting too massive.

I said I feel like they're pumping in more resources to keep mid-game players from getting too far behind end game players because it will throw the balance of the game off.

I could careless about being behind endgame players.

I'll never be in endgame player.

I don't feel like trying to explain my post again you should probably read it again if you don't understand what I'm saying cuz everybody else did well that I can't help you with.
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,221 ★★★★★

@Frivolousz21

4. duping 5* champs

I literally never said I feel like the gap is getting too massive.

I said I feel like they're pumping in more resources to keep mid-game players from getting too far behind end game players because it will throw the balance of the game off.

I could careless about being behind endgame players.

I'll never be in endgame player.

I don't feel like trying to explain my post again you should probably read it again if you don't understand what I'm saying cuz everybody else did well that I can't help you with.

Honestly, I find the current rate of progression for new players unsustainable. They do not have time to build up their skills and eventually find themselves lacking when they spend and catch up with even "mid level" players.

A solution might be to gate resources behind Story Quests exploration. Eg, T5B was first earned in A5 exploration. As such, players who have not explored Act 5 should be able to EARN but NOT use their T5B.

Similarly, T2A was introduced first at A4 Exploration. Players who haven't explored Act 4 should be able to EARN but not use their T2A, which will sit around in their stash until they explore Act 4. I believe that introducing titles for the exploration of A1/2/3/4/5.2 were a step in the right direction for such implementation. The current state of A1/2/3 is "auto play". Get the resources, then R4 a 5* by joining a Map 5 ally, then finish up Act 4. IMO, there's no meaning in the earlier acts anymore.

Why I feel that such gating of resources is important to the longevity of this game? This makes it so that the rewards earned from earlier quests have importance and relevance to the player's current state of progression. This means that Act 4, which was designed to be cleared by 4* R5s (or 5* R3s), acts as a "skill" or "roster" barrier for those who are looking to move further into the game. The same for Act 5.2, then Act 5 exploration.

This allows Kabam to scale difficulty of time-sensitive quests to cater to different levels of players to aid their progression, with the titles attained through Act Exploration being a requirement to unlock a certain difficulty. (This will GREATLY reduce the "money grab accusations" and "content being too difficult" complains on the forums as well. lol). Also, offers (unit and cash) offered at different levels caters to the needs of the players of that level.

(Side note: The Forums can also be better segregated into different segments based on Titles earned through Act Exploration to better cater to players of that level. E.g. for end game players, asking which 4* to R5 doesn't make sense because we are essentially flooding in T4CC. We will, and can, rank them up just because we feel like it. =X. But for someone who has just completed A4, the first 4* R5 is an important decision.)