**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Do Unfair war match ups remove the fun from war????

Maat1985Maat1985 Posts: 2,237 ★★★★
edited July 2017 in General Discussion
i know we all find this being matched up in a war against someone 5 times stronger than you and knowing you are gunna lose and have no chance but still have to wait for ythe timer. or being at the other end where you are 5 times stronger than your opponent. i find either one of these just as frustrating and boring as the other scenario. something needs to be done so we can have more balanced matchups. of opur last 5 matchups we have had 2 cake walks and 3 horrid matchups where we have no chance... no fun at all for the last 5 wars. just now the alliance we are up against is 8 times weaker than us. and has bg2 empty and only 4 peeps in bg1.... this is no fun.

Do Unfair war match ups remove the fun from war???? 52 votes

yes either scenario is boring and something needs to be done....
57%
DL864ShadTheManNoobeeusDraco2199Captain_KandiceRagamugginGunnerKronos987654321DrOctavius2_2AEG93xtremegamerFireballs5ThatsausageFighter168KDoggg2017JayT1996JustArandomGuyhereYSBHammer300TheMageHunterKestrelle 30 votes
no it is what it is and just deal with it.....
38%
GrubYelin547MEŦAPħҰSHaji_SaabGrinderditCdaveTillerTheKillerDeadbyrd9Ja55NikskiniHell_GoliathDuMonUwSWeaponXHavardSuperman69SpeedbumpSpartacus29SungjAlCapone27271treize3 20 votes
other......
3%
DAVIDTHVandalSavage 2 votes

Comments

• DAVIDTHDAVIDTH Posts: 224
    other......
    No just need to get good.
  • Maat1985Maat1985 Posts: 2,237 ★★★★
    DAVIDTH wrote: »

what has that got to do with us facing an alliance 8 times weaker than us???? we will get 100% exploration and and not die once..... bg2 our guys are just walking around the map with 1*'s.... lol....
  • AlexVanDamme81AlexVanDamme81 Posts: 83
    Alliance Wars are totally unfunny because we can use a little rooster of heroes in attack and we must use only 5/6 heroes in defense. Mystic Dispersion is very senseless in this game mode but kabam don't make nothing. I ask in this forum why kabam don't make nothing for give at all players a better game experience after many months of boring play. But nobody answer. @Kabam Miike remember my post? Sure yes but you no answer.
    Kabam like take money and want alliance wars unfunny. If the game is the same kabam nerf some heroes and delete superblock but if the game is the same (those ridicoukus boring alliance wars) don't make nothing because for the player is expensive and this is fantastic for kabam. No sense.
  • TheOneAndOnlyTheOneAndOnly Posts: 690 ★★★
    Maat1985 wrote: »

what has that got to do with us facing an alliance 8 times weaker than us???? we will get 100% exploration and and not die once..... bg2 our guys are just walking around the map with 1*'s.... lol....

He does it on every post...ignore him, he's just trolling and spamming as usual.
  • 420sam420sam Posts: 526 ★★★

How does that add value to the conversation? It does not matter how good you are if you are facing someone 5 times stronger. Even if they won every match the other alliance is guaranteed to win simply due to the points that would be awarded.
  • DAVIDTHDAVIDTH Posts: 224
    other......

He does it on every post...ignore him, he's just trolling and spamming as usual.

Not my fault he's having this. Once you get out of tier 10 you face alliances that are near your rating
  • VandalSavageVandalSavage Posts: 267 ★★
    other......
    So the alternative is to have a relatively close match up where both sides start using items (and perhaps spend some money in the process) in order to win. Obviously, people aren't going to spend a dime if they think the other side is a cake walk or they would be the one to get plowed. Close match up is where it is at.

Sounds like a great plan. We are all eager to start spending a lot of money again instead of hoarding it in the bank.

What do you suggest to make this happen?

Or you can do what an alliance leader did just today. His thread was just deleted. But the gist of his plan was rather than complain about yet another unfair match up (his alliance at 900+k was battling a 5.7 million alliance), he simply went into the forum and accused them of being modders and hackers. He cites their unusual rating to level ratio as "proof".

I could not tell if that alliance leader found it fun or not but that is an "out-of-the-box" thinking on his part to try to remove the competition. His method I would classify as "other" for your poll.

• 420sam420sam Posts: 526 ★★★

Not my fault he's having this. Once you get out of tier 10 you face alliances that are near your rating

It may not be your fault, but you could have been more constructive in your post. Posting " you need to just get better" does nothing and is actually a violation of forum rules. A simple "it's a flaw of the current war match up system that you get occasional mismatches" would have sufficed.
  • MannysmokerMannysmoker Posts: 314
    I don't find AW interesting in the current state of the game where the amount of mystic champs determine whether you win a war or not....the monotony really kills the mode...
    I understand that being a higher tier may help but we are a growing alliance and it takes time. I was just thinking surely a combination of allianc3 prestige and war rating can be used to help get better matchups. War is supposed to be fun and challenging. Unbalanced matches are neither. Regardless of what side of the fence you are on.
    And even if going up tiers will help stop this happening it still doesnt change the fact it is no fun now. And if every 2nd match we have is against someone 4x stronger than us how long will it take us to go up? Meanwhile wars are boring....
  • SummonerB2SummonerB2 Posts: 556
    We are medicore. We were up against pros who plowed through us while we could not even beat their boss.
  • wray1976wray1976 Posts: 459 ★★

Not always. We face stupid pairings all the time.
  • OKAYGangOKAYGang Posts: 524 ★★★
    Maybe they should add a forfeit button, so if the leaders of an outmatched alliance want to just accept the loss and move onto the next war they can.
  • Kronos987654321Kronos987654321 Posts: 584 ★★★

The words of someone who has never played MMX in as a 9 mil alliance
  • Yelin547Yelin547 Posts: 238
    no it is what it is and just deal with it.....
    Nearly every war we are outmatched by 1.5-3.5m. We win more than we lose by far. Many would say not fair but it is what it is. Crappy matches happen but the only way to change it is to have tiers based on alliance prestige ratings and that's all you fight is your tier. Fair for some but not for others. This would mean your tier never changes regardless of how much you win
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    I think alliance prestige should be a significant factor in matchmaking. War rating is broken, especially with alliances alliance swapping to keep war rating low.
  • Captain_KandiceCaptain_Kandice Posts: 222 ★★
    My alliance is about 6.5 mil and we faced a 12 mil alliance. Our war rating was 1600 theirs was 3100. It's been my understanding that match ups are based on war rating. It was a big waste of time for us and probably them as well. So yeah I think something needs to be done.

It would benefit Kabam too. I mean do they think we'd bother with items with a deficit like that? They certainly didn't need many to get through our defense. So it's a loss for Kabam as well.
    edited July 2017
    Yelin547 wrote: »
    Nearly every war we are outmatched by 1.5-3.5m. We win more than we lose by far. Many would say not fair but it is what it is. Crappy matches happen but the only way to change it is to have tiers based on alliance prestige ratings and that's all you fight is your tier. Fair for some but not for others. This would mean your tier never changes regardless of how much you win

what is yopu alliance rating cus when you are only a 1.5mil ally facing up against a 6 mil ally you might aswell not even put your attackers in.... but as i said it is not just from that side.
    how boring is it when you are the one that just walks around the map as if there is noone there.....
    it would be like playing act 1 with maxed out 5*.....
    Haji_Saab wrote: »
    Haven't had an unfair match up since we played ISO-8 right when AW was introduced and everyone was making their way up. Other than that, nothing.

The system is desgined to be yo-yo. Lose one, win one until you become better.

its all well and good to say get better but how can one get better at wars when one match your alliance struggles to get past any fights cus it is like 3000pi v 9000pi???? how can one get better when you have a battlefield with no defenders to attack???