**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

Hulk Ragnarok doesn’t activate Face-Me on Coldsnap

I also don’t understand why “fear of the void” doesn’t trigger it while Limbo does. Both are passive abilities so why treat them different? On the other hand, Coldsnap is clearly a damage over time debuff that is also applied at the beginning of the fight when Iceman is awakened. It’s not a passive ability. It certainly seems like Coldsnap should trigger face-me just like a stack of bleed, but it doesn’t. I don’t expect him to shrug off nodes like Bane, but in the spirit of this key ability you’ve bestowed upon him, it would be nice to have more consistency. Can you confirm this is working as intended and perhaps explain if that is the case?

Muzz~

Comments

• GrimmbearGrimmbear Posts: 639 ★★★
    Cus coldsnap isnt a passive effect
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,957 ★★★★★
    Coldsnap and Fear of the Void are both debuffs. Not passive effects. Limbo is passive.
  • Whododo872Whododo872 Posts: 1,042 ★★★
    Demonzfyre wrote: »
    Coldsnap and Fear of the Void are both debuffs. Not passive effects. Limbo is passive.

Fear of the Void isn’t passive? It sure looks like it is
    (I don’t have void, so I’m sorry if I’m wrong, I don’t ever use him)
  • BobomanBoboman Posts: 716 ★★
    You mean frostbite bud
  • AcanthusAcanthus Posts: 447 ★★★
    edited February 2018
    Whododo872 wrote: »
    Demonzfyre wrote: »

Fear of the Void isn’t passive? It sure looks like it is
    (I don’t have void, so I’m sorry if I’m wrong, I don’t ever use him)

Fear of the Void is passive but it's not a damage over time effect, it does no damage on it's own
  • MuzzMuzz Posts: 124
    Okay, a bit outside the point. If Magik's Limbo, Dormammu's Degeneration, and Mephisto's Incinerate all trigger Face-Me, then why doesn't Coldsnap. As for Void, each unique debuff causes direct damage each second (not energy or physical damage, so it's not reduced by resistances). That is "damage over time" caused by debuffs. How does that not qualify to trigger Face-Me? I'm not really trying to argue about this damage vs that damage. I'm just asking for more consistency. If Limbo triggers it, just about every type of damage over time should. I think Kabam did some picking and choosing here, to give us an answer to Mystic defenders in AW without making Hulk Ragnarok crazy OP. For the record, he wouldnt be over powered if all of these previously mentioned types of damage triggered his ability.
  • GrimmbearGrimmbear Posts: 639 ★★★
    edited February 2018
    Cus they arent the same types of damage over time.. like at all... Magik Void and Mephisto have passive abilities that happen to do damage over time.. passive being the key word.. Coldsnap is an active debuff.. Voids degen is not a debuff either.. he just happens to have an ability to where he does passive(key word) damage over time when he has debuffs on the opponent. Do there is consistency. You just don't really understand the difference.
    I think you missed one thing, @Grimmbear . Limbo does trigger Face-Me, as does Mephisto’s aura and Dmu’s degen. However Void’s damage that comes along with debuffs doesn’t trigger it. There’s many more surprises when you take him questing. Sometimes he triggers for all sorts of things and other times when you expect it, you get squat. That’s my whole point about consistency.
    edited February 2018
    vdhipjw31x86.jpeg
    Found another one. This one is kind of both. Morningstar’s bleed is listed as a passive effect, but it shows up as a debuff and doesn’t trigger Face-Me. If it’s a passive ability and causes damage over time, shouldn’t that trigger Face-Me?
  • Hulk_77Hulk_77 Posts: 782 ★★★
    @Muzz It's not a passive effect, it's her character's passive ability. That's different.

A passive effect is one that will damage you and NOT trigger willpower. If it triggers willpower, like bleed, it isn't passive.
    edited February 2018
    So, a debuff caused only by the passive ability of the character isn't considered passive damage. That's ridiculous. You're right, @Hulk_77 , I'm not saying your statement is ridiculous. I'm saying the design it's ridiculous. WP isn't the differentiator, but it is a definitive means of testing which is which. It all seems so broken and needlessly confusing. If this is the way it is, then I think Morningstar's bleeds should be passive and not trigger WP. That would be more consistent with the other Mystic champions. The other side would be to make Limbo and Dmu's Degeneration debuffs that do trigger WP. That would bring some choice back the players trying to avoid that "unfair" damage, but it would also make Hulk Ragnarok's designed purpose useless. Oh, who am I kidding?.. They're not going to change any of it. I guess they can't make them perfect every time.
  • xenu12xenu12 Posts: 43
    I feel totally ripped off. Wasted materials taking gladiator hulk to rank 4 only to find that kabam decided to make up its own definition for the “passive damage over time”. Is there a kabam dictionary somewhere or are we just supposed to know which English definitions aren’t followed?
  • HaminHamin Posts: 2,444 ★★★★★
    Think of it like this:

Passive damage over time effects are on a timer.

Void's debuffs cause damage as long as they are inflicted. They cause damage over time but they aren't governed by time since they aren't on a timer.

FotV simply amplifies the debuff effects.
    edited January 2019
    I’m not even talking about void, I’m not sure how fotv works. Not sure how it could be justified that cold snap or ms bleed effect shouldn’t count. coldsnap I guess I can understand the logic, but it essentially amounts to equivocation.
  • HaminHamin Posts: 2,444 ★★★★★
    xenu12 wrote: »
    I’m not even talking about void, I’m not sure how fotv works. Not sure how it could be justified that cold snap or ms bleed effect shouldn’t count. coldsnap I guess I can understand the logic, but it essentially amounts to equivocation.

It's Kabam's gymnastic logic.

Just explaining how it works.
    Ya I get that, like I said essentially equivocation
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,753 ★★★★★
    xenu12 wrote: »
    I feel totally ripped off. Wasted materials taking gladiator hulk to rank 4 only to find that kabam decided to make up its own definition for the “passive damage over time”. Is there a kabam dictionary somewhere or are we just supposed to know which English definitions aren’t followed?

That is just a mistake you've made. Gladiator Hulk wasn't changed at all, he works like he always worked.
    Debuffs and passive abilities always existed in the game, nothing new