**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Kabam, next 5* feature champ list?

When are you releasing the heroes in the next 5* feature crystal? it's coming up in a week. We usually know by now.

Comments

• Mengel13Mengel13 Posts: 18
    I've been wondering the same. Thanks for starting the thread.
  • spaceoctopusspaceoctopus Posts: 1,111 ★★★
    CapWW2 wrote: »
    Who even cares about this? Opening features is like shutting yourself in the foot practically speaking

While this last time it was for me, an overwhelming majority of my good champs came from featured. Hype, Voodoo, IMIW, Gulk, Wasp and Quake I got from featured. The only great champs I've got from basic are Magik, crossbones, starky and Ghost Rider, and I've opened many more of those for much longer.
  • Tjk602Tjk602 Posts: 85
    Bump to the top
  • JadedJaded Posts: 5,476 ★★★★★
    Who even cares about this? Opening features is like shutting yourself in the foot practically speaking

That’s so debatable it’s not even funny. So you’re saying people should never go for new champs? Smdh
  • allinashesallinashes Posts: 787 ★★★

This is an overgeneralization. It honestly depends on a lot of factors whether featureds are a good option or not. If you have a decent number of champs, say 40-50, collect a lot of shards/crystals, and are looking for champs to move the needle, featureds can be very good to you.

Newer champs are typically much better than older ones, and the best odds on new champs are in the featured. The last featured gave me Domino, Corvus, and Masacre as well as some duds. I'd say overall I made out like a bandit.

I would never advise a new player to go with featureds, but if you've been playing a while it's a decent option.

• DTMelodicMetalDTMelodicMetal Posts: 2,785 ★★★★★

While this last time it was for me, an overwhelming majority of my good champs came from featured. Hype, Voodoo, IMIW, Gulk, Wasp and Quake I got from featured. The only great champs I've got from basic are Magik, crossbones, starky and Ghost Rider, and I've opened many more of those for much longer.

Last 3 featured crystals have given me Sentinel, Sabretooth, Crossbones dupe, Guillotine dupe, Ghost Rider dupe, Omega Red dupe, and Heimdall. I've pulled trash and other less notable champions from featured crystals, still have no regrets using extra shards to get the 7 pulls I mentioned. I also pulled Gladiator Hulk from last February's Blade featured crystal.
  • MaxtheSilentMaxtheSilent Posts: 762 ★★★
    I've been playing for a while, takes so long to get 5* shards I always open the regular crystal, but now I've got the shards in a reasonable period of time so I'm going for it. I'll be crushed if I get a 15k Howard the Duck but maybe just maybe he'll be covered in a symbiote to make it better.
  • IKONIKON Posts: 1,334 ★★★★★
    I have 60 5*, so I'll pay the extra 5k of I'm looking for at least half the crystal.

After doing the math, i had a 33% chance of getting something i wanted in the basic pool, and a 45% chance of getting something ai wanted in featured. The math didn't quite say it was worth the extra 5k shards, but it was close.
  • ESFESF Posts: 1,944 ★★★★★

Not when your last five regular crystals have been Groot, Red Cyclops, Drax, Moon Knight and Spider-Gwen

Yeah, all of those can be useful in some scenarios, but if I had to do it all over again, if someone told me the 50K shards I was gonna spend was gonna get me those five characters like they did, yeah, I'd have taken my chances with three Featureds for 45K

Not everybody has a loaded roster. These decisions are not as easy for some as they are for others, including yourself