**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

How to disenfranchise your player base

Comments

• RogerRabsRogerRabs Posts: 548 ★★★★
    Hamin wrote: »
    Dexman1349 wrote: »
    Demonzfyre wrote: »
    I never said I "deserved" anything. I am fully aware this game is based on RNG, and yes I knew she was available in each crystal I opened.

There is however, a certain expectation that hard work and dedication to something should yield positive results.

It's like doing household chores with an allowance. There is an "even" chance you'll get any whole dollar value between $1 and $100. So you put in the time and effort to do multiple things around only to get repeated dollar bills while your brother does the dishes once and gets $100. He can then move on to do other things while you're still scrubbing floors.

Eventually you just stop even trying.

Hard work and dedication will never go hand in hand with RNG unless the Crystal only has champs you want. Want hard work and dedication to pay off? Play arena.

Kamala #2 was from playing arena...

You're not helping your case.

I'm not following your logic. I was just told above to have hard work pay off to do arena. So I do arena and get the same bad result.

The point of the OP was that I am playing multiple different aspects of the game. Hours in arena, hours in dungeons, and even "buying my way". All of which lead to the same **** result.

You grinded out KK and then complained about getting KK.

He grinded out shards, not the KK arena.
  • Dexman1349Dexman1349 Posts: 3,060 ★★★★★
    I never said I "deserved" anything. I am fully aware this game is based on RNG, and yes I knew she was available in each crystal I opened.

There is however, a certain expectation that hard work and dedication to something should yield positive results.

It's like doing household chores with an allowance. There is an "even" chance you'll get any whole dollar value between $1 and $100. So you put in the time and effort to do multiple things around only to get repeated dollar bills while your brother does the dishes once and gets $100. He can then move on to do other things while you're still scrubbing floors.

Hard work and dedication will never go hand in hand with RNG unless the Crystal only has champs you want. Want hard work and dedication to pay off? Play arena.

I'm not following your logic. I was just told above to have hard work pay off to do arena. So I do arena and get the same bad result.

The point of the OP was that I am playing multiple different aspects of the game. Hours in arena, hours in dungeons, and even "buying my way". All of which lead to the same **** result.

Read it again. I grinded the 2* arena that yielded 5* shards. The resulting 5* basic crystal yielded KK.
  • HaminHamin Posts: 2,444 ★★★★★

Read it again. I grinded the 2* arena that yielded 5* shards. The resulting 5* basic crystal yielded KK.

You just said you got her from arena. You didn't specify it was from the 2* arena and from shards.

But, like I said... Carry on.
  • ChampioncriticChampioncritic Posts: 3,347 ★★★★
    AxeCopFire wrote: »
    Maybe you should have titled this thread "How to disenfranchise a single player", since you aren't, you know, the entire player base?

The actual player base is overall mature enough to accept that we won't always get everything we want every single time.

Tell that to the hundreds of players who constantly cry for rank down tickets haha
    I'm not necessarily mad that I got specifically Kamala (not thrilled either), but what makes me mad is that it was the exact same bad champ through 3 different methods each with vastly different drop rates.

If I had pulled 3 different champs, regardless of who, this thread wouldn't exist.

I've opened around 60 different 5* crystals from varying sources (FGMC, Basic, Featured, Dungeons, etc), it's just really disheartening when the same **** comes through time and time again.

In fact, I only have ONE 5* champ released in 2018. I'm so far behind it's not even funny.
  • dkatryldkatryl Posts: 672 ★★★
    edited January 2019
    While it wasnt 3 times in a row, my first 2 6* were IF. Twice.

The worst part, unlike duping a crappy 5*, is you dont get any bonus shards. 7* shards dont exist, and you dont even get 6* shards or anything, just iso.

So, yeah KK x3 sucked, but at least you got 550 6* shards!
  • CoachLedCoachLed Posts: 355 ★★
    The odds of that happening are 0.00001667%, roughly.

I for one don’t believe that the pulls we get are as random as they say. We'll never know for sure but I just don’t see it.
  • JRock808JRock808 Posts: 1,149 ★★★★
    RNG is awesome. The odds of this are quite low, yet I see it so often. Is it truly random? I'm sure it is..

r6b8sw849lpi.jpeg
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,193 ★★★★★
    I mean, we can sit and debate odds ad nauseum, but where RNG is concerned, it's entirely possible to pull the same Champ. We see it not only in this game, but in just about every other RNG-reliant game. I'm all for taking up issues when they are grounded, but in this case, Kabam really isn't to blame. No one is disenfranchising anyone. They don't even have a hand in it. They program the pools as listed, and the computer does the rest.
  • Panchulon21Panchulon21 Posts: 2,605 ★★★★★
    You know I never see any positive comments by @Demonzfyre it seems like you must work for kabam, cuz 90% of your comments are against the player base. Bro let the people vent

Original poster that’s very unfortunate I feel your pain, I pulled a Kamala from my dungeon crystal too. Sorry dude
  • GK_23GK_23 Posts: 279 ★★★
    Hey, @Dexman1349. Here you go! This is now 3 crystals in a row!.....zn2smkvhnaza.png
    @GK_23 That's rough bro
  • GK_23GK_23 Posts: 279 ★★★
    I don’t speak on these forums very often, but there is NO WAY this should ever happen.
  • GerbilGerbil Posts: 50
    GUYS!!! Calm down... I just used my infinite resources stone to open 1,400,605 5* Crystals... And when I woke up... Kahn fixed my clock on my VCR!!! You're ungrateful sir!!!
  • gannicus0830gannicus0830 Posts: 606 ★★★★
    CoachLed wrote: »
    The odds of that happening are 0.00001667%, roughly.

I for one don’t believe that the pulls we get are as random as they say. We'll never know for sure but I just don’t see it.

This. Exactly this, and I'm baffled that more people either don't see it, or refuse to even consider it.
  • Would love to see their code just about guarantee the code is written where all characters are not giving the same drop percentage rates.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,864 ★★★★★
    You know I never see any positive comments by @Demonzfyre it seems like you must work for kabam, cuz 90% of your comments are against the player base. Bro let the people vent

Original poster that’s very unfortunate I feel your pain, I pulled a Kamala from my dungeon crystal too. Sorry dude

You're right I do work for them. For your insult, I'll make sure your account will get KK, Colossus, and Karnak as your next 5/6* champs.

Why is it when someone has a different opinion other that tinfoil hat conspiracy or company bashing, they are a "Kabam employee"? I've had my share of "bad" pulls but I accept that it's part of the game. I spend money and still get "bad" pulls and if I dont spend money, I'll get the same. Its going to happen no matter what. No amount of complaining or thinking of crackpot conspiracy theories that can't be proven will ever change how the RNG works.
  • ThatsausageThatsausage Posts: 214
    Signature lvl 40 5* Khan 😍! Definitely rank her
  • HQTTMGHQTTMG Posts: 14
    edited January 2019
    Bro my kamala's sig 180 that **** just happens
  • GerbilGerbil Posts: 50
    In all seriousness Dexman... There are tons of players who would be stoked to dupe any 5*... KK is another one of those champs that when you play against them they're super easy... Barely an inconvenience... But there isn't a champ in the game that... If you take the time to master them... Can't be your own personal weapon of choice... Personally... I believe the game matches certain champs to your own style of play... My Alt's 1st 5* was She-Hulk!!! But I used her to the point where I have nothing but confidence taking her into any fight. The Dynamics of the gameplay are fairly straightforward... The desire to pull something that you can screenshot and post with pride in line or whatever... Has developed into an inevitable despot of anticlimactic discourse (4... & 5 syllables!!! "Disenfranchise"? Pffffft).... In summation... If you're hoping to find some imaginary shoulders to cry on by posting your disdain with duping an undesired 5* champ on multiple occasions... I'd advise you to fudge a detail or two and cry about it on Facebook... If you're so desperately seeking empty condolences
  • DshuDshu Posts: 1,503 ★★★★
    wookeh wrote: »
    I'm sorry that you got some champs you weren't wanting in your recent pulls! This can definitely be frustrating and all around crush, I definitely know the feeling. Hopefully, your next pulls are luckier than these and you get the champs you want!

You people act like you don't know old champions are straight garbage. That's the funniest thing about this game next to the customer service

Pretty sure they are just as disappointed to pull a meh champ as the rest of us the biggest difference is they probably get ragged on at work for it while we only get it if we post a long drawn out message on the forum. I pulled og cap from gwen goes to the movies featured crystal duped him from my next 5* crystal and took the 6* shards without complaining. My next 6* was domino so the dupe was worth it in the end. Its rng sometimes you win sometimes you lose. If you don't like the rng in this game find a game that's strictly pay to play that guarantees you what you buy.
  • Ajc10Ajc10 Posts: 74
    I feel you, I have duped KK at 4* and 5* so yea I pulled her four times all within two months...
  • Arbiter2426Arbiter2426 Posts: 346
    Be glad it wasn't my last, here you go, hulkbuster, loki dupe, iron patriot, superior iron man, iron mans and finally rhino. All. In. A. Row.
This discussion has been closed.