**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

On Tanking: Why Kabam is hogtied

2»

Comments

• Blubfish_666Blubfish_666 Posts: 237
    I can see everyone here is quite passionate about their responses. Hurt my eyes trying to read all of this!
  • Midknight007Midknight007 Posts: 764 ★★★
    edited January 2019
    xNig wrote: »
    Change the way Season scores are calculated to incorporate War Rating as well.

In this way, tanking makes matchups easier but at the expense of Season Scores.

It already does, but not directly. Your War Rating determines your tier. Your tier determines the multiplier you get to adjust your score. Maybe they need to introduce even smaller tiers with more multipliers, but that will hurt growing alliances. There simply isn’t a perfect solution.

I am guessing your are suggesting straight War Rating, not tier basis. The argument some will make is that those with extremely high War rating (but in the same tier) will have a bigger advantage.
  • HeadrollerHeadroller Posts: 255
    Hamin wrote: »
    Headroller wrote: »
    CoatHang3r wrote: »
    What tier alliances are doing this? And is it enough for anyone to really cry over? Do any of you commenting have experience with this or are you all just bored!

In gold 1 and we never see alliances tanking.

I’m going to say that 95% of the alliances don’t tank, so it only affects the higher tiered whalers, who cares.
    It happens throughout many tiers, prolly gold up.

Cry? Nah, but I would like to have some semblance of a battle/challenge when I join a war, it’s not just about the rewards it’s also about playing the game.

I’m in a war at this moment where an alliance did not place a single defender. Would’ve been nice to play without season stress, try out new champions, test new strats, or test some interactions, but nope the other alliance wasted our opportunity to do any of that. It’s not that they decided to take this war off but they are actively exploiting the game by joining a war with the intention of not participating for thier own benefit and at our expense.

We care, the people posting in this thread. And now you’re one of us I guess.

Just sick of seeing people opening up threads about meaningless Drabble.

My bad.

Next time, I'll check with you - the keeper of all things meaningful and important - before I post.

Aw ####

I mean, after this post.

Sorry for the offense, dear Forum God.

Your post would hold more water if you had any screenshots or videos of what this tragic tanking has done to your account!

Feel free to post all you want my entitled friend! just remember there will be backlash when it only affects people within 300 alliances out of 30,000 ish.

Also what AW tier do you fight in out of curiosity?
    I can see everyone here is quite passionate about their responses. Hurt my eyes trying to read all of this!

It is why they say never read the comments on a news site, or Facebook, or anywhere on the internet... lol
  • Headroller wrote: »
    Hamin wrote: »
    CoatHang3r wrote: »
    What tier alliances are doing this? And is it enough for anyone to really cry over? Do any of you commenting have experience with this or are you all just bored!

In gold 1 and we never see alliances tanking.

I’m going to say that 95% of the alliances don’t tank, so it only affects the higher tiered whalers, who cares.
    It happens throughout many tiers, prolly gold up.

Cry? Nah, but I would like to have some semblance of a battle/challenge when I join a war, it’s not just about the rewards it’s also about playing the game.

I’m in a war at this moment where an alliance did not place a single defender. Would’ve been nice to play without season stress, try out new champions, test new strats, or test some interactions, but nope the other alliance wasted our opportunity to do any of that. It’s not that they decided to take this war off but they are actively exploiting the game by joining a war with the intention of not participating for thier own benefit and at our expense.

We care, the people posting in this thread. And now you’re one of us I guess.

Just sick of seeing people opening up threads about meaningless Drabble.

My bad.

Next time, I'll check with you - the keeper of all things meaningful and important - before I post.

Aw ####

I mean, after this post.

Sorry for the offense, dear Forum God.

Your post would hold more water if you had any screenshots or videos of what this tragic tanking has done to your account!

Feel free to post all you want my entitled friend! just remember there will be backlash when it only affects people within 300 alliances out of 30,000 ish.

Also what AW tier do you fight in out of curiosity?

I'm confused about why it's bad to want a better game for everyone.. And why it's good to have the attitude of "doesn't affect me, so idc"? Doesn't make much sense to me but maybe I'm missing something.
  • Swimmer15Swimmer15 Posts: 118
    I dont get the outrage, especially calling it flat out cheating. It has next to no effect on the end outcome. Off season when people tank, you get better rewards than you would and because of it you get a taste of what higher allys and tiers are like, ally's and tiers you otherwise wouldn't reach. Or you'd reach them get smashed and knocked back down . It makes you better, you spend more time in higher tiers against higher apponents without effecting the end result. We have spent every season in gold one and never been knocked to silver. Do we lose some because of, sure but they would still be in a higher tier than you. Because allies tank honestly we have a pretty clear idea what it will take to push to next level. Part of the stratigy would be take advantage of the off season to climb tiers and start the season in higher tier for higher multiplier. Careful what you wish for! Movement up when season is on is slow, especially near the top of your bracket. Before with multiple week break if you wanted to push your rating up to shoot for higher you could have in the offseason. Your trying make that impossible. Will take a whole lot longer without the advantage of the offseason including some allys tanking.
    Swimmer15 wrote: »
    I dont get the outrage, especially calling it flat out cheating. It has next to no effect on the end outcome. Off season when people tank, you get better rewards than you would and because of it you get a taste of what higher allys and tiers are like, ally's and tiers you otherwise wouldn't reach. Or you'd reach them get smashed and knocked back down . It makes you better, you spend more time in higher tiers against higher apponents without effecting the end result. We have spent every season in gold one and never been knocked to silver. Do we lose some because of, sure but they would still be in a higher tier than you. Because allies tank honestly we have a pretty clear idea what it will take to push to next level. Part of the stratigy would be take advantage of the off season to climb tiers and start the season in higher tier for higher multiplier. Careful what you wish for! Movement up when season is on is slow, especially near the top of your bracket. Before with multiple week break if you wanted to push your rating up to shoot for higher you could have in the offseason. Your trying make that impossible. Will take a whole lot longer without the advantage of the offseason including some allys tanking.

Getting knocked down a tier within season is different than a low end Gold 1 tier purposefully tanking 3-6 matches to enter Gold 2 to win 5 straight matches and then have a 50% chance of win-loss rate after that.

While the game allows it, it does show the integrity of alliances that are willing to manipulate mechanics for an edge. It is a question of integrity. In sports, you cannot tank your ranking in the off season for a better position to get points in season. It should be addressed.

Also, just because it gives the lower tier “experience”, doesn’t make it a good thing. These alliances are also trying to maximize their scores. Some may be on the low end of their tier and having 2-3 losses due to an alliance sandbagging can have a huge impact.

For example, in bowling, you get a handicap. While it is within the rules to establish a handicap, a player with a 210 average purposefully bowling poorly in the first few weeks of league play in order to have a higher handicap instead of a 0 that his average deserves can put other teams at a disadvantage.

While within the rules, it is a question of integrity. We shouldn’t be blaming the game for something a person or alliance can self govern. Otherwise, you show the exact reason for mass oversight, which shouldn’t be needed.

Not to mention, it is not fair to the tier that the sandbagging team should be in. The higher tier teams are the ones that are truly impacted. What the sandbaggers did was manipulate their end score to achieve a position they may not have gotten if they maintained position on the cusp of the higher tier. The actually should be in the high end of the lower tier and not in the low end of the higher tier. However, by tanking into the lower tier deep enough can giver enough consecutive wins to position themselves much higher in end points.