**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Silver surfer

It's probably a dumb idea to even ask.. But will he be playable? Or, playable soon?

It's starting to look like he may be a Jessica Jones type character. Maybe I'm jumping the gun by saying that? I know kabam doesn't usually comment on coming champs before their announcement, but the way he's mentioned in the update info gives me that feeling. "here's two new champs and also this guy is cool", while data mines show no info as of now.

Or will he be a modok? Unplayable for years, then dropped in? Or is this a beacon thing?

I don't really want any surprises spoiled, but I also don't want to get my hopes up or listen to people complain endlessly about him haha.

So maybe... Mods should not comment if he's unplayable. And if he's playable, maybe they should comment that they can't tell us or give some other noncommittal response *wink wink*

Comments

• Samspade23Samspade23 Posts: 549 ★★
    I hope hes not just an eq boss. He really should be a playable champ. I have my wallet ready kabam. Shut up and take my money already!
  • MrBanksMrBanks Posts: 950 ★★★
    I honestly think they won’t add him in like the collecter, Jessica Jones, maestro, and other npcs
  • DoctorJDoctorJ Posts: 842 ★★★
    I hope he is an NPC. So i dont have to be disappointed by him being the next Sentry.
  • MrBanksMrBanks Posts: 950 ★★★
    DoctorJ wrote: »
    I hope he is an NPC. So i dont have to be disappointed by him being the next Sentry.

Agreed. Super powerful marvel characters are super weak makes sense right?
  • belli300belli300 Posts: 704 ★★★
    Gonna quit this game all together if he is an npc
  • It def has an npc feel to it tbh. I'd rather just know if that's gonna be the case. An announcement letting us know not to get crazy excited about such a desirable champ world go a long way towards chilling people out before they went off the deep end
  • LeoGnarleyardoLeoGnarleyardo Posts: 355 ★★
    Theres lots of cryptic references from kabam, talking about FANTASTIC YEAR and FANTASTIC EVENTS. I have a feeling that silver surfer will be an NPC character featured in monthly event quests throughout the year, Galactus might threaten the battle realm and the beacons are calling to silver surfer. You never know Kabam tend to stray away from comic story arcs
  • XxOriginalxXXxOriginalxX Posts: 1,324 ★★★
    I don’t think a loading screen has ever had a non playable character on it. Besides the December one in 2017 I think...it would be realllllllllllllllly disappointing and shocking If they scrapped the surfer as an actual character, and I sincerely doubt that’s what’s happened
  • The_Boss9The_Boss9 Posts: 1,390 ★★★
    Every EQ has 2 characters, we already have Diablo and The thing. he's probably an npc. Plus he's the only one who doesn't have leaked gameplay unlike Diablo and the thing.
  • Strikerrx8Strikerrx8 Posts: 1,090 ★★★
    No he wount only bad heroes make it like diablo n the thing
  • ButtehrsButtehrs Posts: 4,676 ★★★★★
    Theres still this whole year of fantastic four champs to come. And if not then other years. Remember modok was an NPC for over a year before he became playable
  • Yeah I'm thinking the only hope of being playable is after the 4 beacons and after all F4 characters are out.

No data mined info simply means that either the latest update has no info on him or otriux is holding back haha.
  • Panchulon21Panchulon21 Posts: 2,605 ★★★★★
    So you’re telling me I should buy those stupid beacons? Lol
  • So you’re telling me I should buy those stupid beacons? Lol

Maaaaaan, I don't think they're necessary at all. Think the mail said it was just for a future profile pic? But I didn't want to take the chance and I assumed the crystals I'll be getting with the rest will be underwhelming

But I know nothing. All guesswork
  • V1PER1987V1PER1987 Posts: 3,474 ★★★★★
    I don’t think a loading screen has ever had a non playable character on it. Besides the December one in 2017 I think...it would be realllllllllllllllly disappointing and shocking If they scrapped the surfer as an actual character, and I sincerely doubt that’s what’s happened

Was that when Medusa was added? Because I thought Lockjaw was a loading screen when she was added IIRC.
  • XxOriginalxXXxOriginalxX Posts: 1,324 ★★★
    The_Boss9 wrote: »
    Every EQ has 2 characters, we already have Diablo and The thing. he's probably an npc. Plus he's the only one who doesn't have leaked gameplay unlike Diablo and the thing.

Obviously not this month, but later, definitely
  • JetenyoJetenyo Posts: 138
    V1PER1987 wrote: »

Was that when Medusa was added? Because I thought Lockjaw was a loading screen when she was added IIRC.

Yeah he was on loading screen. I thought that was in September/October though to semi-go along with Inhumans series that released. Happened right before Thor:Ragnarok.

Wasn't the Hydra Symb a loading screen too?