**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Trial boosts are a liability vs Dormammu

I just went into Epic Day 7 Trials. Got through the first 3 fights fine. Then I hit Dormammu and his degen just starts wrecking my entire team. At first I didn't realize what was going on. I thought maybe I was just accidentally triggering Dex.

I lost most of my team before it hit me that it was the buffs from the boosts. When the initial arc-overload runs out? Start the fight with a degen for 75-100% your health. When the unstoppable from using any special runs out? More degen. I couldn't tell, but I think the Phys/Energy Resists cycling might also cause a degen. None of my fights lasted long enough for me to find out.

Is this really intended? What's the point of spending a week collecting these boosts if there's a chance they just straight up ruin your run?

TLDR: If you see a Dormammu on your path don't pop the buff boosts, or wait 30mins for them to time out.

Comments

• Kobster84Kobster84 Posts: 2,898 ★★★★★
    The unstoppable doesn’t activate the degen
  • JadedJaded Posts: 5,476 ★★★★★
    Yeah I had the same encounter. And my blade’s danger sense with starky didn’t help much. 1 degen was KO on 5/65 champs
  • Akib35Akib35 Posts: 11
    Is anyone else getting absolutely wrecked by Dorm no matter what in today's trial? The essence giving you arc overload pretty much guarantees his degen activates and unless you bring Gulk, you die within seconds from the crazy degen damage. I tried using blade w/ synergies as well but to little to no avail. Anyone else struggling/have tips?
  • Bryon_502Bryon_502 Posts: 133
    Yes, and also the spite node triggers off it too. Very poor design
  • Helicopter_dugdugdugHelicopter_dugdugdug Posts: 555 ★★★
    I was afraid of facing him .. knew he would do something like that
  • Simonm21Simonm21 Posts: 11
    I didn’t get dorm but I got iceman and his coldsnap took 96% off my 5/65 sparky and blades health lol
    Also destroyed my 4/55 medusa before coldsnap even expired lol
  • Bryon_502Bryon_502 Posts: 133
    I had iceman on spite. The only frost immune I had was Corvus, and his buff triggered spite the intire match. Icemans frostbite kills every one else. It dose like 3k damage a sec
    Bryon_502 wrote: »
    I had iceman on spite. The only frost immune I had was Corvus, and his buff triggered spite the intire match. Icemans frostbite kills every one else. It dose like 3k damage a sec

That’s horrible as well. Obviously no testing done on these matchups and the defenders sig abilities
  • RotellyRotelly Posts: 774 ★★★
    Dorm was crazy, even with R5 blade I got wrecked. Overload would expire and trigger degen
    This was awful design in my opinion. Basically you have to whale yourself through him if you're unlucky enough to have him as an opponent without a 5* Gulk
  • CoBfan1987CoBfan1987 Posts: 231
    edited January 2019
    Or join the map, look at your opponent is first. Then if you have a Dorm don't activate that buff until after that fight. You don't have to activate them all right away
    CoBfan1987 wrote: »
    Or join the map, look at your opponent is first. Then if you have a Dorm don't activate that buff until after that fight. You don't have to activate them all right away

True, although his degen is scaled too high regardless. One dex triggering his degen and you’re still done.
  • CoBfan1987CoBfan1987 Posts: 231
    Jaded wrote: »

True, although his degen is scaled too high regardless. One dex triggering his degen and you’re still done.
    That bad huh? Lvl200 I'm guessing.

I wouldn't know as I can't do the new event on Android yet
  • TheLegend27TheLegend27 Posts: 1,315 ★★★★★
    edited January 2019

That's smart, but you can still get screwed if you go into the event without knowing what the possible enemy combinations are. I went from easiest mode to hardest mode (so that I would be comfortable with the nodes by the time I got to epic) and activated my boosts at expert level. So I walked into epic with my boosts already active. Guess I know better for next time.
  • Teh_gullaTeh_gulla Posts: 96 ★★
    Anyone else notice this?
  • V1PER1987V1PER1987 Posts: 3,474 ★★★★★
    Judging by all the other posts on this subject I would say so
    Not only that but Spite as well, so he'll automatically get to his specials quickly, meaning take block damage or dex and get killed by degen that way. Lose-Lose
  • MaatManMaatMan Posts: 958 ★★★
    CAIW with Gulk synergy is amazing as it drastically reduces BS damage like dorms degen
  • Teh_gullaTeh_gulla Posts: 96 ★★
    V1PER1987 wrote: »
    Judging by all the other posts on this subject I would say so

Missed it. My bad.