**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

No update [Merged Threads]

Comments

• Drake2078Drake2078 Posts: 901 ★★★
    edited January 2019
    If you look at a lot of earlier threads, there were issues of the trial boosts not working.
  • StarhawkStarhawk Posts: 614 ★★★
    been addressed every month kabam release the update at the same time to all ios android etc and then it takes time fro the different providers to release it

that's not how it works. You publish a game on the google play store and it's available once published on all android devices the game is build to run on. Samsung has nothing to do with the process for example. This is based on the minimum version Kabam wrote the game using which is likely most devices. Source: I have published 3 games on google play in the past. It's actually easier to publish on google play than the app store.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,193 ★★★★★
    Axo4545 wrote: »
    Drake2078 wrote: »
    Google saying that the 21.2 update not in playstore isn't on their end because they haven't received it from Kabam. Is this true?

Google told me the last up was the one in December. They don't even show they have this update.

It wouldn't be listed until they push it.

I know it wouldn't be listed until they pushed it but Google should know if they recieved it to push it. It not being listed(in the app store) is why we don't have it.

It won't be listed until they push it. Google receives it well in advance. They list it when it's pushed.

That's what i'm saying. Google says they have not recieved it. What part of what i'm saying are you having trouble with?

The part where you're saying Google doesn't have it. They have it, it's just not pushed live yet.

So you work for Google? If not then you have no idea when they receive it.

I don't work for Google, but I do understand the process involved with releasing a Build. Google has it in advance. That's how it works. I'm not sure who you were speaking to, but if you're implying that Kabam hasn't even given them the release yet and are planning on releasing it today, I'm not sure you understand how it works.

Google. I don't claim to know everything, like some people all I know is what I was told and since that person actually does work for Google, no offense, but i'm going to go with what they or kabam tells me instead of someone that doesn't work for either of them and is basing their response on a normal situation without knowing if something might have happened this time to make it a abnormal situation.

I never claimed to know everything. I claimed to know how releases work. If you don't take my word for it, that's entirely up to you. There's a process involved with these things. Google receives it in advance and releases it at their own discretion.

So your saying nothing ever goes wrong that could mess up that process? Must be nice to live in a perfect world.

Clearly it does because we are waiting for Google to push it. What I'm addressing is the claim that Kabam never even gave it to them, and is passing it off as Google's end. The Notice specified that it is delayed on Google's end. The process with these things entails giving it to Google sooner than the day it is intended to release. It's not rocket science.

So because kabam claims one thing and Google claims another we should just blindly take kabams word for it without questioning it? I was told the same as you by kabam and I was told by Google that they had not received it. Why should I believe one over the other without question? That's not rocket science.

I'm not taking Kabam's side, or Google. I'm taking the side of logic and previous knowledge.

Logic is that **** happens that we know nothing about.

That's not logic. That's suspicion.

So in your world everything goes perfect 100% of the time I guess

Those aren't my words at all. The Banner indicates that the delay is on Google's end and that they're working with them to get it out. That's about all there is to say. You can imply they're not being honest if you like but all that is, is paranoia. It'll be out when Google gets it out. That's all there really is to say.
  • CyzadaCyzada Posts: 18
    Here's a thought: Say that you have an automated system that will release an app on a specified time, Kabam gives google the file ahead of time and says: "Release 8th of January" and someone is suposed to type into the system: "$relse-190801" and that same someone instead types in: "$relse-190108" or "$relse-180801" or something similarly in error. A system does only what is was programmed to. Putting in the wrong parameters is so common that it is ridiculous, and also so embarrassing that if said person get asked: "Did you do it incorrectly?" they will more often than not, answer: "No." without checking if they did, or even taking a second to think about it.
    kconrad37 wrote: »
    If the android update becomes available only after trial of the alchemist (day 7) finishes, can android users expect compensation in the form of whatever epic rewards we missed by not doing trial of alchemist day 7?

I would argue for the sake of everyone they should check your previous six trial completions and award you that level and the one below - I currently have plans to run Epic and Expert if the update drops in time. Most people will probably run their usual level and the one below if the rewards are good enough.

That's actually an astonishingly straightforward and balanced approach, and worthy of consideration if the update doesn't go through in time.

Previous trials I've used boosts and so on to compete higher difficulties; but still, a good suggestion

it's not a good compensation. i was going to run all difficulties even though i have never attempted epic before. Its possible i wouldnt have gone through epic but its possible i would have as well. The only fair thing is to either give all rewards for all difficulties as compensation or all difficulties up to one higher than the ones you have been doing.
    Google saying that the 21.2 update not in playstore isn't on their end because they haven't received it from Kabam. Is this true?

Google told me the last up was the one in December. They don't even show they have this update.

I know it wouldn't be listed until they pushed it but Google should know if they recieved it to push it. It not being listed(in the app store) is why we don't have it.

It won't be listed until they push it. Google receives it well in advance. They list it when it's pushed.

That's what i'm saying. Google says they have not recieved it. What part of what i'm saying are you having trouble with?

The part where you're saying Google doesn't have it. They have it, it's just not pushed live yet.

I don't work for Google, but I do understand the process involved with releasing a Build. Google has it in advance. That's how it works. I'm not sure who you were speaking to, but if you're implying that Kabam hasn't even given them the release yet and are planning on releasing it today, I'm not sure you understand how it works.

Google. I don't claim to know everything, like some people all I know is what I was told and since that person actually does work for Google, no offense, but i'm going to go with what they or kabam tells me instead of someone that doesn't work for either of them and is basing their response on a normal situation without knowing if something might have happened this time to make it a abnormal situation.

I never claimed to know everything. I claimed to know how releases work. If you don't take my word for it, that's entirely up to you. There's a process involved with these things. Google receives it in advance and releases it at their own discretion.

So your saying nothing ever goes wrong that could mess up that process? Must be nice to live in a perfect world.

Clearly it does because we are waiting for Google to push it. What I'm addressing is the claim that Kabam never even gave it to them, and is passing it off as Google's end. The Notice specified that it is delayed on Google's end. The process with these things entails giving it to Google sooner than the day it is intended to release. It's not rocket science.

So because kabam claims one thing and Google claims another we should just blindly take kabams word for it without questioning it? I was told the same as you by kabam and I was told by Google that they had not received it. Why should I believe one over the other without question? That's not rocket science.

I'm not taking Kabam's side, or Google. I'm taking the side of logic and previous knowledge.

Those aren't my words at all. The Banner indicates that the delay is on Google's end and that they're working with them to get it out. That's about all there is to say. You can imply they're not being honest if you like but all that is, is paranoia. It'll be out when Google gets it out. That's all there really is to say.

I'm not implying anything. I'm asking kabam for information. I never said anything other than that. I didn't say it was kabams fault or that they weren't being honest. All I did was state what I was told and asked kabam if they had any more information and that's all there is to really say.

They've already given the answer. It's delayed on Google's end, and it's not uncommon for platforms to have setbacks with releases. Once Kabam hands it off to them, it's out of their hands. I literally just spent 2 weeks dealing back and forth with Google. Trust me. It wouldn't be unusual to have inaccurate feedback from them. No company is perfect.
  • Kushstar420Kushstar420 Posts: 192
    edited January 2019
    Can we plz get an update on this thing that's happening with the google play store?

I wanna do trials before I have to sleep for work well you know cause timezones
    Cyzada wrote: »
    Here's a thought: Say that you have an automated system that will release an app on a specified time, Kabam gives google the file ahead of time and says: "Release 8th of January" and someone is suposed to type into the system: "$relse-190801" and that same someone instead types in: "$relse-190108" or "$relse-180801" or something similarly in error. A system does only what is was programmed to. Putting in the wrong parameters is so common that it is ridiculous, and also so embarrassing that if said person get asked: "Did you do it incorrectly?" they will more often than not, answer: "No." without checking if they did, or even taking a second to think about it.

The version is in the build's config file and information is checked on upload. someone screwed up but that wouldn't be it....
  • nilaebrannilaebran Posts: 104
    Kabam or google, google or kabam, who's fault is it? This is the question? A couple hints come to mind.. First: between the 2 companies who has the name of screwing up more? Second: google is a step behind apple, it's true, but would they mess up so big with an update that the competitors released 6 hours ago (as far as i know)?
  • KtashakKtashak Posts: 225
    Kabam not updating what's going on, but they have time to deleting non offensive normal posts. So Kabam I am asking one more time. If u have the update file,can you post .apk link as a non Google upload?? Also please stop deleting non duplicate non offensive posts. Pissing me off already.
    edited January 2019

I'm not implying anything. I'm asking kabam for information. I never said anything other than that. I didn't say it was kabams fault or that they weren't being honest. All I did was state what I was told and asked kabam if they had any more information and that's all there is to really say.

They've already given the answer. It's delayed on Google's end, and it's not uncommon for platforms to have setbacks with releases. Once Kabam hands it off to them, it's out of their hands. I literally just spent 2 weeks dealing back and forth with Google. Trust me. It wouldn't be unusual to have inaccurate feedback from them. No company is perfect.

They gave that answer earlier. Forgive me for using the forums for what they were intended and trying to find out more information. I 100% agree with your last sentence. No company is perfect including kabam. They can make a mistake same as any other company so asking for more information is reasonable. So you didn't take Google's first response and call it good at the beginning of those 2 weeks? I'm guessing not otherwise it wouldn't have went on for 2 weeks. How is that any different than me asking for more information?

The case I had with Google was complicated, but resolved. The point I was making was there was a great deal of confusion and misinformation in dealing with them. No one person working for them is aware of everything. That's true for Customer Service in general.
    I don't have any issues with you asking for further information. What I was pointing out was that they would have been given the release already. That's how it works. You don't just give it 5 minutes before and push it live. Which means whoever told you they weren't given anything yet must have been confused.
  • SabrefencerSabrefencer Posts: 1,433 ★★★
    Ktashak wrote: »
    Kabam not updating what's going on, but they have time to deleting non offensive normal posts. So Kabam I am asking one more time. If u have the update file,can you post .apk link as a non Google upload?? Also please stop deleting non duplicate non offensive posts. Pissing me off already.

Threads are being combined.
  • I dont want compensation, I want to run the trials & to be able to start the EQ tomorrow. Just when Kabam seems to start understanding what players want, we run in to another issue like this. If nothing else, the trials should have been paused for ios players until the update dropped for android. At least dont ruin the competitive balance by letting some users either get a head start or participate in events that others can't access.
  • Any chance of a few rank down tickets
    edited January 2019

Not in my case. They simply deleted my post. It's happened 4th time. I just had normal questions, not some offensive words. But u know..kabam...

Not in my case. They simply deleted my post.

They don't offer APK Files in that way. The only way to acquire the game is through the appropriate platforms.

They don't offer APK Files in that way. The only way to acquire the game is through the appropriate platforms.

As you see it's not available. I am working in IT Industry.if my ftp server not working I am using Dropbox link. But NEVER let my customers wait. My good name is more important for me. But not for Kabam as you see.

As you see it's not available. I am working in IT Industry.if my ftp server not working I am using Dropbox link. But NEVER let my customers wait. My good name is more important for me. But not for Kabam as you see.

They cannot guarantee anything that way. We may be able to install APK Files, but the majority of other Users aren't knowledged in it. There's no guarantee for the safety of devices when installing standalone APKs. Which is why they have partners that manufacture the platforms of the devices the game is used with. They would never encourage people to install the game by elective means.
  • -sixate--sixate- Posts: 1,532 ★★★★★
    This is very annoying. If I don't get the update tonight I don't know that I'll have time in the morning to do this. Every single update is a complete cluster you know what.
  • NiteAndDaeNiteAndDae Posts: 670 ★★★
    Still no update?? Really??
This discussion has been closed.