**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Fantastic Four.. where does Kabam post accurate information?

Doomsfist79Doomsfist79 Posts: 922 ★★★
As the introduction of the thing will be the first member of the Fantastic Four in MCOC (this is fantastic btw), I am now wondering where we can find accurate information from Kabam. This was speculated for a while now, of course never confirmed. My question is in regards to the twitter post below..
htidcbv3ekcy.png

On the 1st of January @MarvelChampions responded to twitter user @JoseBH30998 stating there were no plans to have the fantastic four added to the contest. Yet within a week, here we are. I doubt the plan to introduce a member of the Fantastic Four came about in the last 6 days.

It seems either the MCOC responder was not informed or the response was a blatant lie. With all that being said.. where can the community expect to find accurate information in regards to the game? If the kabam forums are the only place to expect proper information, is there much reason to follow other forms of social media for the game?

Comments

• MrBanksMrBanks Posts: 950 ★★★
    They were just trolling because it was so obvious I think
  • Doomsfist79Doomsfist79 Posts: 922 ★★★
    Mkh wrote: »
    The best part of this post is The Thing is actually Marvelchampions' avatar 😂😂😂😂

It wasn't at the time of their response (see below).. it's been changed since the announcement.
    jlxxbx8onl7i.jpg
  • kconrad37kconrad37 Posts: 160 ★★
    They aren't going to give us a list of champions they are adding, that would ruin the fun of it.

Besides, "at this time" can mean "ever," "in this release," "in this month," etc.
  • Swe_wolfisSwe_wolfis Posts: 390 ★★
    THIS ^

And remember that often neither CS nor the people who regularly run social media have any idea of what is coming next.
  • KerneasKerneas Posts: 3,722 ★★★★★
    Look how many suggestions are they getting. There's no chance that sooner or later someone wouldn't guess the right champ
    Swe_wolfis wrote: »
    THIS ^

And remember that often neither CS nor the people who regularly run social media have any idea of what is coming next.
    That's totally understandable and I can accept that.. but again, what's the point of using a forum of communication if the information is not reliable?
    kconrad37 wrote: »
    They aren't going to give us a list of champions they are adding, that would ruin the fun of it.

Besides, "at this time" can mean "ever," "in this release," "in this month," etc.

I'm not asking for a list of characters that will be added.. if you read my post, you'll see that my question is about avenues for accurate information. Also.. it is this release.. it is this month etc..
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,189 ★★★★★
    They don't comment on things until they're ready to release. There may be someone stealing info through data mining, but that doesn't mean they're going to change their own plans of when to announce things.
  • Wakandas_FinestWakandas_Finest Posts: 811 ★★★★
    Don’t see why you’re upset about this it has always been kabam’s policy not to comment on when champs are being added to the game. These forums is about as accurate as info gets although they do not and will not share all future plans for the game with the community.

Side note it was pretty obvious that they were planning to add the FF4. They dropped several hints for weeks they just thought they were being clever about it and started denying after the community figured it out.
  • JRock808JRock808 Posts: 1,149 ★★★★
    It's one thing to say no comment, it's another to lie I guess.

I know why they did it, and marvel has been planning fantastic four week for a while now, so it was obvious what was coming. Just needed to not say that "no plans" part in the tweet to avoid offending people like the OP.
    Don’t see why you’re upset about this it has always been kabam’s policy not to comment on when champs are being added to the game. These forums is about as accurate as info gets although they do not and will not share all future plans for the game with the community.

Side note it was pretty obvious that they were planning to add the FF4. They dropped several hints for weeks they just thought they were being clever about it and started denying after the community figured it out.

I'm not upset.. i'm asking a question about where to look to for reliable information.. I don't expect kabam to announce champs that will be introduced prior to them going live.. however i don't expect to see a company of any sort lie to their customer base..

To your second point.. it was pretty obvious with all the info they were leaving along the way that we'd be getting the F4. My question wasn't so much about new champs as about the information that is being distributed by kabam..
  • I think it's probably better to not comment at all than to give misinformation... Even if there's a good reason for the misinfo.
  • Midknight007Midknight007 Posts: 764 ★★★
    edited January 2019
    MrBanks wrote: »
    They were just trolling because it was so obvious I think

It was most likely a legal requirement due to licensing agreements (or based on the Fox/Disney deal that looks like will be finalized later this month). Kabam couldn’t confirm until green lighted because of the deal still being worked out.

I don’t think it was intentional trolling, but literally they couldn’t discuss the exciting news of who they were working on (even a few days prior to the release).
  • Ketchup1791Ketchup1791 Posts: 114
    Did you guys not pay attention to the whole Insomniac/Raimi suit thing for Spider-Man PS4? The reason they never said anything about it being added was to keep it secret to surprise everyone. Who cares what they said; what we got is all that matters.
  • StarDarts_89StarDarts_89 Posts: 419 ★★
    @Doomfist It was a white lie in attempt to surprise some hardcore F4 fans, to make them feel happy. This is no worse than millions of loving parents lying to they're kids about the Easter Bunny. Just STFU... Lol. Crying over nothing :p
  • WhathappenedWhathappened Posts: 747 ★★★
    edited January 2019
    I just hope The Thing is good because I really want him for some reason and I'll probably be dumb and buy crystals.
    Hey All,

We weren't able to confirm Fantastic 4 joining The Contest until recently, and for a long time we didn't have plans to add them.

We are very excited and happy that we were able to change these plans and look forward to The Thing joining The Contest!

Thanks for the response.. it doesn't answer my core question.. but I appreciate you taking the time to read and respond.
  • Hey All,

We weren't able to confirm Fantastic 4 joining The Contest until recently, and for a long time we didn't have plans to add them.

We are very excited and happy that we were able to change these plans and look forward to The Thing joining The Contest!

yes , but we all know that you start designing a character at least 10 months before entering the contest,