**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Why put the trials one month away for Android users? sticky discussion

This must be a joke or something. So you are saying that Android users have to wait a month to do the Trial of the Alchemist? For no good reason other than Google's incompetence/schedule mess up? The android update drops and the quest is not even there so Kabam had to make a new build for Android with no quest and push that to the Google Play store. How did they push that version that fast while the original version got stuck for so long and didn't drop? Did the original build even have the quest? Why oh WHY would you split the first 6 days of a week long quest to one game build and the last day to another? So many questions but no answers.

Comments

• Whododo872Whododo872 Posts: 1,042 ★★★
    edited January 2019
    hope4tg wrote: »
    This must be a joke or something. So you are saying that Android users have to wait a month to do the Trial of the Alchemist? For no good reason other than Google's incompetence/schedule mess up? The android update drops and the quest is not even there so Kabam had to make a new build for Android with no quest and push that to the Google Play store. How did they push that version that fast while the original version got stuck for so long and didn't drop? Did the original build even have the quest? Why oh WHY would you split the first 6 days of a week long quest to one game build and the last day to another? So many questions but no answers.

Answer: Diablo’s files are in the new update, and he’s the boss for day 7 and only day 7. On no other day does he appear.
  • FreakydFreakyd Posts: 200
    Is it only this one day 7 we can't access until 6th feb? So it continues as normal for android users at day one of week 2?
  • Whododo872Whododo872 Posts: 1,042 ★★★
    Freakyd wrote: »
    Is it only this one day 7 we can't access until 6th feb? So it continues as normal for android users at day one of week 2?

That’s as much as I gather. Wouldn’t make much sense to do it the other way
  • Don't worry ios users won't use their rewards to upgrade their teams for a few weeks so they won't have an unfair advantage and we may have a slightly better roster by then
  • Arham1Arham1 Posts: 435 ★★
    I think they should delay this trial for tomorrow and give us the rewards of the difficulty we do of normal days and remove tomorrow's trial for us Android Players..... basically shift today's trial to tomorrow and cancel tomorrow's trial for Android based players and give the reward for the difficulty we did previous week. @Kabam Miike ?
  • samalasravansamalasravan Posts: 163
    They can give both trials tomorrow l.e today's trial of alchemist and trial of the day specific .simple solution
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,864 ★★★★★
    Well it's not really fair to wait for a month to get the shards which could have been gotten now had they not messed up.. I have been planning my 5* opening and the extra 1500 shards means a lot. And to wait for a month to get it for no mistake of ours is ridiculous

It was out of their control. You'll still get your rewards. Was it fair to Kabam that Google messed up the update? Stop thinking only about yourself. You'll be able to get the shards from the EQ that starts today by doing a run through uncollected.
  • WayntosWayntos Posts: 590 ★★
    Bottom line poor execution by Kabam should of never released the update if they could release both system at a reasonable time. Kabam wants to blame google but the blame goes on them for not have their SHE HE IT together. Shouldn't never pulled the trigger on releasing the to apple if they were having problems with google. Yes andriod users will eventually get to play maybe ?? but its like recording the super bowl then trying to watch the next day with hearing all about it.
  • MaatManMaatMan Posts: 958 ★★★
    As i said in a previous post:

Reason for needing the update:
    We need the update as diablo is the boss.
    he was not in the previous version.
    they would have done it this way as to not allow diablo to get datamined and early leaked.
    the problem is they no doubt left it too late to send the updates to google.

Reason for waiting 1 month:
    for one simple reason.
    game update cycle.
    for them to run it side by side with the normal one tommorrow probably couldnt be done without yet another update. it would most likely require coding client side to allow for day 7 and day 1 to appear at the same time. and could potentially cause issues with entries.
    so it will have been pushed to the end as this could be a simple server side push.
  • This whole situation sucks. I have waited forever for this update, and now I can't get it.
  • _tokio__tokio_ Posts: 79
    Its not a big Deal to get the frist rewards later then ios users. How ever alot of people using their B Team atm för AQ which is an issue. It simply requires more items i.e. revive/ healthpotions. Also i was quite angry after getting the Update and facing an ig Mail telling me about how to handle the boosts for day7. Kabam should have stoped that Mail or better replace it with the Information how the first day7 is handled för Android users...
  • _tokio_ wrote: »
    Its not a big Deal to get the frist rewards later then ios users. How ever alot of people using their B Team atm för AQ which is an issue. It simply requires more items i.e. revive/ healthpotions. Also i was quite angry after getting the Update and facing an ig Mail telling me about how to handle the boosts for day7. Kabam should have stoped that Mail or better replace it with the Information how the first day7 is handled för Android users...

It's not problem for you, but it's a HUGE problem for me
  • _tokio__tokio_ Posts: 79
    So waiting one week to get the first day7 Rewards is a bin deal?
  • Evil_Monkey88Evil_Monkey88 Posts: 125
    It's not like we're not getting the trials of alchemist in the next week. Only this week's trial is getting postponed, the rest will stay the same, so relax.
  • hope4tghope4tg Posts: 149
    It is not so much about getting a small number of shards late, although that is important I am more upset with they way this was handled and communicated. Surely, having to wait for longer for an update only to see it has literally zero new content kills a lot of hype and is frustrating.
  • Apparently for some, those rewards getting delayed is a big deal. Frankly it doesn't mean much to me. I don't rely on anything to show up at anytime. I take advantage of what's available WHEN it's available. Occasionally things go sideways. If your life is so good that THIS is bothering you THAT much, you should be so happy. Lower your expectations, and you'll experience less in the realm of disappointment.

Truth be told, someone dropped the ball. Maybe Kabam. Maybe Google. Maybe a little of both. Other truth, it's not the end of the world. It's not a huge inconvenience. Minor irritation at best. Take a breath, and chill. We'll get our 1st shot next week. Yeah, yeah, yeah, it's not fair. Neither is life. Make the best of this and get ready for the EQ that none of us (thankfully) will be missing the launch of now that the update is available. Count your blessings, however small they may be, where/when you can find them.
  • ShrimkinsShrimkins Posts: 1,479 ★★★★
    edited January 2019
    It is not so much about getting a small number of shards late, although that is important I am more upset with they way this was handled and communicated. Surely, having to wait for longer for an update only to see it has literally zero new content kills a lot of hype and is frustrating.

How would you have preferred it was handled? Obviously this situation took kabam by surpise as well as it seems the issue wasn't on their end, but google's. They notified the community and came up with a fix all within less than 24 hours.

You will still run trials for the next 3 weeks like iOS users and get 1 more trial of the alchemist at the end for compensation. You will still get the new event quest today if you update. I just don't see the issue here.
  • SabrefencerSabrefencer Posts: 1,433 ★★★
    We get updates all the time where the new content isn't immediately visible but that doesn't mean the content isn't there. The only thing Kabam did was close the daily Trial for Android users.
  • PlanetEarthPlanetEarth Posts: 113
    edited January 2019
    It's not like we're not getting the trials of alchemist in the next week. Only this week's trial is getting postponed, the rest will stay the same, so relax.

I would prefer to have the 7th day to rerun today or tomorrow, cause I desperately need the ISO8
  • MrBanksMrBanks Posts: 950 ★★★
    Theoretically I can log out of my iPhone into an android and replay the trials again in February?