**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Old Champs Falling Behind

Comments

• Hollywood_Hollywood_ Posts: 70
    90% champions will forever trash in this game, you guys wasting your time to write here cus no one gonna listen, they are busy to count money, lol
  • GreekBeekGreekBeek Posts: 107
    Keep the old champs in the game for new players. Get them completely out of the featured crystals. I'm sitting at 34 5stars now, and I've only naturally duped WS. Frustrating. Every spin is another month of disappointment.
  • WerewrymWerewrym Posts: 2,830 ★★★★★
    GreekBeek wrote: »
    Keep the old champs in the game for new players. Get them completely out of the featured crystals. I'm sitting at 34 5stars now, and I've only naturally duped WS. Frustrating. Every spin is another month of disappointment.

This ^^

Why do we get these trash old champs in the 6* crystal??? It's a complete joke. I have two 6* now and neither of them I can use. This seems to contradict the very idea of a 6* champ, you should actually want to use them. I think old champs should stay out of the 5* feature, and 6* crystal altogether, but perhaps they could be left in the 5* basic... still sucks that 75% of the pills are garbage.
  • allinashesallinashes Posts: 787 ★★★
    They put trash champs in crystals like the 6* and make them more likely to drop to maintain the value and rarity of "good" champs. I often write Kabam a venting ticket when I buy a shard offer and pull Spider-Gwen or my recent 6* Iron Fist. Their response is instructive; don't expect many updates as it would devalue money champs by making champs you already have as good or better. blg475cri1er.png
  • fabbassfabbass Posts: 39
    I was hopeful about a colossus and juggernaut buff after the release of deadpool 2.......
  • Certain older champs really need some help. I opened one of those dark artifacts crystals and awakened my She Hulk. She is at the top of the list of the least useful champs now. It’s expected that newer champs will have new abilities that change the game. But She Hulk and some others need to be reworked because the game has changed. When she was introduced, willpower was overpowered and the science champs couldn’t be placing many debuffs or they would be unusable in PvP portions. That’s totally different now, and champs like Void or the improved LC are examples of solid science champs. She Hulk should get a similar treatment. Let her apply some concussion or similar debuffs, and let her hit hard enough to be useful.
  • BadroseBadrose Posts: 779 ★★★
    New sinergies also doesn't help. When you have Spider Stark, Blade and Ghost Rider with one of the best sinergy available, old champs are even more crappy than ever.
  • WerewrymWerewrym Posts: 2,830 ★★★★★
    Badrose wrote: »
    New sinergies also doesn't help. When you have Spider Stark, Blade and Ghost Rider with one of the best sinergy available, old champs are even more crappy than ever.

You bring up a great point. These new exclusive synergies between two characters are usually better than a generic synergy good for all champs. And because these exclusive synergies didn't exist back in the old days, the old champs suffer from a lack thereof. Some of these new synergies may be with older champs, but it's the newer champs that have them, and we all know how difficult it is to obtain the new champs. I don't see how Kabam can just ignore this topic. It is affecting so many old champs.
  • Mr_OtterMr_Otter Posts: 1,614 ★★★
    I’d LOVE if 2019 was nothing but buffs instead of new champs
  • Wright on the edge of giving up. hope they do something I have 7 5# stars and there all old characters
  • SpiderBroSpiderBro Posts: 80
    Maybe this game is just based on rng where you have a higher chance to pull trash than to pull someone like a domino who I have been trying to obtain as a 4* or a 5* since she came out.
  • BigPoppaCBONEBigPoppaCBONE Posts: 2,278 ★★★★★
    A 5 star project rebirth (or something to that effect) arena using 1 and 2 star champs would be great and that’s where those old champs could go after some tweaks to make them relevant. If you want them, put up the millions (10-12?) to get them as a milestone. If you don’t, keep it moving. It took entirely too long with too much foot dragging, hand wringing, pearl clutching and unnecessary beta dinking, but Rulk and Luke Cage are legit monsters now and would still get a ton of engagement in an arena like that.
  • NEO_mr_AndersonNEO_mr_Anderson Posts: 1,075 ★★★
    IMO, if they don't want to fix all the benching champs, they should do a good synergy bonus, like WS/KM.
  • BigPoppaCBONEBigPoppaCBONE Posts: 2,278 ★★★★★
    gohard123 wrote: »
    Cuteshelf wrote: »
    People want to play their favorite champs. I’m constantly frustrated because every time they add my favorite champ to the game, it sucks.

First was gambit, then Carnage.... can’t wait for them to screw up Mr Sinister and Doom.

If they manage to screw up Dr Doom, that's when I quit. He is the more epic villain IMO and he can fit in more than one class

They’re missing a golden opportunity if they don’t do Doom vs Doom vs Doom. Classic vs 2099 vs Infamous Iron Man. Science vs Tech vs Mystic. Villain vs Anti-hero vs Hero
  • WhathappenedWhathappened Posts: 747 ★★★
    To add insult to injury Iron Fist used to be better than he is now. Prior to 12.0 his armor breaks actually helped quite a bit. After 12.0 he lost his usefulness. So not only is he an older champ he was nerfed in a roundabout way due to diminishing returns.
  • IrakliIrakli Posts: 148
    Iron Fist is still useful against newer champs like imiw, killmonger, emma who require armor break but today for a burst champ with paperthin health he should deal more damage or have some utility.
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    Irakli wrote: »
    Iron Fist is still useful against newer champs like imiw, killmonger, emma who require armor break but today for a burst champ with paperthin health he should deal more damage or have some utility.

He would have some usefulness if ranked but who would rank him in the current game?
  • KyrkantKyrkant Posts: 92
    Werewrym wrote: »
    I have just recently saved up 15k 6* shards, and I was stoked to pop open the featured crystal. However, I was unfortunate enough to pull Iron Fist.

Lol ... same here ... 15k 6* for an Iron Fist ... I was about to threw the phone through the window
  • StarKillerVIIStarKillerVII Posts: 75
    My last five stars were - Vulture, Spider-Man classic, Classic Cap, spidergwen, Miles morales and I duped civil warrior. Oh and before that I got rhino. This game has just totally left a horrible taste in my mouth. Now I just dread opening up five star crystals.
  • Ajc10Ajc10 Posts: 74
    My last five stars were - Vulture, Spider-Man classic, Classic Cap, spidergwen, Miles morales and I duped civil warrior. Oh and before that I got rhino. This game has just totally left a horrible taste in my mouth. Now I just dread opening up five star crystals.

Same here. My last 5* pulls were KK twice, Storm, Moonknight and Hulk. I don't look forward to opening any crystals anymore...
  • TheVyrusTheVyrus Posts: 418 ★★★
    edited January 2019
    That’s just the way it is. Every once in a while we’ll get updates to existing characters like Luke Cage and Red Hulk but don’t expect that often. Honestly what benefit is it to Kabam to buff old characters? Even if they put these existing characters on arena re-run, most people already have them and won’t spend much to get them. The bulk of revenue comes from brand new characters being released into the game. So it would make sense for Kabam to keep releasing more powerful and powerful characters over time to keep people spending and incentivized. That’s the structure of any F2P game.

The obvious solution is retire the old champs and release updated versions of them. People get to play with the champs they want to use and Kabam gets their money. To be clear retire means to remove them entirely from crystals and arena rewards. Only those that have will ever have them.
  • XxLoganTDCxXXxLoganTDCxX Posts: 2,561 ★★★★
    If everyone is super, no one will be.
  • KalantakKalantak Posts: 1,291 ★★★★
    We definitely need another 12.0 really.. please kabam, I m not asking to nerf but balance out all champs!!! I m pretty sure 99% of user base would be fine with no new champs and difficulty,usefullness and balance re-visited in a serious tone!! Don’t listen to 1% that throws money at you but listen to masses that throws money slowest and when they feel like but keeps the game alive forever!!!!
  • ShrimkinsShrimkins Posts: 1,479 ★★★★
    Kalantak wrote: »
    We definitely need another 12.0 really.. please kabam, I m not asking to nerf but balance out all champs!!! I m pretty sure 99% of user base would be fine with no new champs and difficulty,usefullness and balance re-visited in a serious tone!! Don’t listen to 1% that throws money at you but listen to masses that throws money slowest and when they feel like but keeps the game alive forever!!!!

You have no idea what you are asking for. I'm all for buffing old champs but we definitely don't need another 12.0
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,542 ★★★★★
    edited January 2019
    I will go one step further: there’s a whole class of champs who aren’t terrible but also aren’t all that useful. They populate the 5* and 6* just as much as the old ones—but they are on the order of “pretty good pulls” that would be workhorses for a new player, but are simply arena fodder for veterans and they get ever more outclassed each time a new champ is released.

The end result is still disenchantment. I continue to believe the main sources of fun in MCoC are (1) getting new, useful champs, (2) getting materials to improve those champs, (3) playing with friends. These all support the sense of accomplishment (albeit virtual and not owned by you under the TOS).

When Number (1) doesn’t happen, it diminishes (2) and along with it the player’s overall sense of accomplishment.

Dr. Zola
  • BodhizenBodhizen Posts: 303 ★★
    That’s just the way it is. Every once in a while we’ll get updates to existing characters like Luke Cage and Red Hulk but don’t expect that often. Honestly what benefit is it to Kabam to buff old characters? Even if they put these existing characters on arena re-run, most people already have them and won’t spend much to get them. The bulk of revenue comes from brand new characters being released into the game. So it would make sense for Kabam to keep releasing more powerful and powerful characters over time to keep people spending and incentivized. That’s the structure of any F2P game.
    The benefit to Kabam is to continue people's excitement with the game. It would be one thing if they stopped releasing outdated Champions, particularly in featured crystals, but they're still giving out Champions that have little to no utility and they're not transparent about this supposed data that claims that they're being used a ton. They're also not transparent at all about Champion updates. If they buff old Champions that need it, it keeps those Champions as viable counters to game content, keeping users excited about pulling Iron Fist, She-Hulk, or Ms. Marvel (Kamala Khan) from crystals instead of them getting ticked off that they wasted their shards on a featured crystal to pull trash Champions.

There's a thread on this forum that moderators direct people to, but the thread is just theorycraft that gets ignored. Granted, there's some great material in there from multiple contributors, but the mods ignore it, and so it's effectively a dumping ground for threads about Champion updates that moderators point users to. No one will say that Champion updates are coming, or that developers have been given this information to help them determine which Champions need an update or why they're bad Champions... Which is what the moderators told us the thread was for in the first place.
  • BodhizenBodhizen Posts: 303 ★★
    DrZola wrote: »
    I will go one step further: there’s a whole class of champs who aren’t terrible but also aren’t all that useful. They populate the 5* and 6* just as much as the old ones—but they are on the order of “pretty good pulls” that would be workhorses for a new player, but are simply arena fodder for veterans and they get ever more outclassed each time a new champ is released.

The end result is still disenchantment. I continue to believe the main sources of fun in MCoC are (1) getting new, useful champs, (2) getting materials to improve those champs, (3) playing with friends. These all support the sense of accomplishment (albeit virtual and not owned by you under the TOS).

When Number (1) doesn’t happen, it diminishes (2) and along with it the player’s overall sense of accomplishment.

Dr. Zola
    You make an excellent point here about playing with friends. The current meta of the game doesn't encourage you to play with friends, it encourages you to play with the strongest players that you can find. Part of the reason for that is that some peoples' Champion rosters are filled with dross. You can't afford to bring your Iron Fist just to deal with a potential Iron Man (Infinity War), or Emma Frost, or Killmonger on your path in Alliance War because that's the only Champion you have who can deal with that defender. If you do that, you run a serious risk of not being able to handle other defenders in your way because Iron Fist (among many others) lacks utility that other Champions have. Consequently, you either have to stop playing with your friends because they're holding you back and you seek out a new Alliance to get better rewards, or your friends stop playing with you for the same reason.

Additionally, when you lack the proper variety and utility of Champions to conquer some game content, you're denied access to some of the resources that you need to acquire resources to empower your existing roster. It's great that they'll throw a Sabretooth with a +200% regeneration, +100% Ability Accuracy, Buffet node in your way in a Trial, and if you didn't bring a Champion that can throw Heal Blocks like a boss or can reverse healing, you can't get past that challenge. Too bad, so sad. The pool of Champions that possess such abilities is relatively small when compared with the pool of Champions that could become serious pain-in-the-tail defenders on nodes like that.

Updating more older Champions (more than 2 per year) would help resolve these issues and bring excitement about pulling what's now considered a trash Champion back to the game.
  • rj7896rj7896 Posts: 75
    They never replied on this type of post.