Champion Spotlight - Thing

Comments

• "When Attacked
    • When Thing is Hit and he has 15 or more Rock Stacks, he becomes Unstoppable for 5 second(s) and removes 3 Rock Stack(s) instead of generating any."

So here's the "thing" : How to avoid taking damage from the unstoppable, if it will proc no matter what? Give a hit in his block will trigger it and he will immediately counter back. Maybe parry, hit and dash back here would work? Other than that, I don't know how to avoid the incoming damage.

Also, I assume The Thing will get his synergies as soon as the new champions are added in the game, right?

Yes, since the Unstoppable activates when you hit him, it's very difficult to avoid. So the key to not taking damage is to keep Thing's Rock Stacks at a low level using Bleeds, baiting out his Special Attacks when he's at 15 Stacks, or by not creating them in the first place using a character like Black Widow.

And yes, Thing will get those two synergies as soon as the other Champions are added to the game.

Thank you for the reply.
    But still, he will instantly get unstoppable after having 15 rock charges. He can't convert them unless he has all 15 of them. So how to avoid getting comboed by his unstoppable?

If at least he only triggered it a second after getting the charges, it would be enough to just dash back and be safe. Otherwise on scenarios like stun immune (that will eventually appear in the future), there is no way to avoid this damage
  • PaytoPlayPaytoPlay Posts: 763 ★★★
    edited January 9
    Tax wrote: »
    How does he work with x-23, Yondu, etc. whose bleeds become something else when fighting a champ that is bleed immune?

Champions like X-23 and Yondu won't try to Bleed Thing, since he's Immune. They'll trigger their alternate effects instead.

How will bleed immune AW AQ nodes affect the thing? Will bleed make it to the thing and remove Rock stack or will the node just remove the bleed effect, meaning all the thing will see is a normal non bleed attack ?
  • V1PER1987V1PER1987 Posts: 3,416 ★★★★★
    edited January 9
    How does the interaction with NC’s deep wounds work? If he strikes a deep wound, does Thing remove 3 rock stacks or does it have to be a bleed debuff?
  • OrdalcaOrdalca Posts: 345
    If I'm reading this correctly, it looks like he goes unstoppable when he's hit when he already has 15, but loses them all when he uses a special at 15 or more. So the goal is to stop on exactly 15 and wait for him to throw his special?

Also, why is the "the Opponent would deal 300% or more of their Attack Rating with a Basic Attack, or 300% or more of their Attack Rating with a Special Attack Hit" separated like that? Is it just to specify that multi-hit specials can deal over 300% so long as it is spread over multiple hits?
  • Timone147Timone147 Posts: 635 ★★★
    This is honestly a really bad mechanic imo. Basically only counter is one type of champnand in those champs only a handful is consistent. Not a particular fun interaction to make no way to control it or avoid it other than bleed(like if he is stun immune how do you avoid it without bleed champ)
  • Maximus_SpankersonMaximus_Spankerson Posts: 447 ★★
    Timone147 wrote: »
    This is honestly a really bad mechanic imo. Basically only counter is one type of champnand in those champs only a handful is consistent. Not a particular fun interaction to make no way to control it or avoid it other than bleed(like if he is stun immune how do you avoid it without bleed champ)

I wanna know how this will work on debuff immune node....
  • Ch1efsterCh1efster Posts: 457 ★★
    But then they go and throw a wrench in it with all their fancy nodes. Best way to fight him is use a bleeder to try to keep rock stacks low.....fairly easy right? Oh, wait, lets throw a node on him in EQ that if an attacker inflicts a debuff he is immune to, he gains power. :frowning:
  • RiderofHellRiderofHell Posts: 1,438 ★★★★
    "When Attacked
    • When Thing is Hit and he has 15 or more Rock Stacks, he becomes Unstoppable for 5 second(s) and removes 3 Rock Stack(s) instead of generating any."

So here's the "thing" : How to avoid taking damage from the unstoppable, if it will proc no matter what? Give a hit in his block will trigger it and he will immediately counter back. Maybe parry, hit and dash back here would work? Other than that, I don't know how to avoid the incoming damage.

If you bait a special attack, all stacks are removed. So if you don’t have a bleeder like Deadpool, you just have to back off at 14 stacks and bait a special attack.

Can SL end him fast or Stark?
    "When Attacked

If you bait a special attack, all stacks are removed. So if you don’t have a bleeder like Deadpool, you just have to back off at 14 stacks and bait a special attack.

Can SL end him fast or Stark?

No... Those champs will activate his protection...
    @Kabam Vydious, I just tested Medusa SP3 in EQ -- Armor Shattered didn't proc off SP3. Thing is immune to armor break, nowhere does it state him being immune to armor shattered?
  • SharkyDSharkyD Posts: 9
    the thing is op
  • XxLoganTDCxXXxLoganTDCxX Posts: 1,700 ★★★
    He sounds really fun.
    Also, he comes out on my birthday!
  • HeadrollerHeadroller Posts: 219
    His attack can’t be the same as hulk, come on devs what were ya thinking!?!
  • OrdalcaOrdalca Posts: 345
    Headroller wrote: »
    His attack can’t be the same as hulk, come on devs what were ya thinking!?!

Attack is the same, but health is different, so at least we can tell the difference.

• Ordalca wrote: »
    If I'm reading this correctly, it looks like he goes unstoppable when he's hit when he already has 15, but loses them all when he uses a special at 15 or more. So the goal is to stop on exactly 15 and wait for him to throw his special?

Also, why is the "the Opponent would deal 300% or more of their Attack Rating with a Basic Attack, or 300% or more of their Attack Rating with a Special Attack Hit" separated like that? Is it just to specify that multi-hit specials can deal over 300% so long as it is spread over multiple hits?

Yes, 15 Rock Stacks is the sweet spot. If you hit him when he's at 14 stacks, he'll go to 15 but not be Unstoppable. If you then hit him when he's at 15, he'll go Unstoppable and go to 16.

The Sig ability is worded like that because originally it was two different percent values, but after tuning they ended up the same. The point about multi-hit specials is correct, they can deal over 300% when it's spread out over multiple hits, but the same is true of multi-hit basic attacks (like Moon Knight's Medium-2 attack).
  • edited January 9
    Timone147 wrote: »

Every Champion can counter Thing's Rock Stacks by getting him to 15 Stacks then baiting out a Special Attack. Champions with Bleed have an additional avenue to remove them, and Champions like Black Widow, Gwenpool (with her sig), or those that can apply Concussion are able to stop the Rock Stacks from triggering in the first place. Finally, we have other champions in the game who are only countered by one specific thing. :)
    Post edited by Kabam Vydious on
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 1,888 ★★★

MCOC_CR_Thing_ChampionSpotlight-768x432.jpg

Special 3: It's Clobberin' Time! - Thing crushes the Opponent with a boulder, then rolls them into a rock-burrito and flings them into the wall.
    • Thing is Unblockable and Unstoppable for 8 second(s).

Unstoppable and unblockable for eight seconds?

Well that certainly sounds fun and interactive! And in no way dramatically more powerful than poor, Feeble Unstoppable-that-tops-out-at-four-seconds Juggernaut.

So anyway, given that the Thing is immune to nullify or stagger:

(1) Are these effects active or passive?
    (2) Can one or both of them be stolen by Loki or Pilfered by a Pilfer node?
    (3) Can they be replicated by a Replicate node?
  • Ordalca wrote: »

Yes, 15 Rock Stacks is the sweet spot. If you hit him when he's at 14 stacks, he'll go to 15 but not be Unstoppable. If you then hit him when he's at 15, he'll go Unstoppable and go to 16.

And what to do when he is at 15 charges and no power to do a special attack?
    On scenarios with power manipulation (either a champ ability or a node), combined with stun immune, what can be done to avoid getting hit? We know exactly when he will trigger the unstoppable, but no way to avoid the damage
  • RotellyRotelly Posts: 288 ★★
    This feels like how medusa use to act before she was fixed. When living strands would only consume 1 fury instead of all 3
  • XxOriginalxXXxOriginalxX Posts: 1,322 ★★★
    Huh, unknown champions, weird, Thing isn’t linked to any specific team that I know of that might have...multiple other members...hmm, guess we start speculating
  • ArgygufdetlopArgygufdetlop Posts: 50
    Ordalca wrote: »

On scenarios with power manipulation (either a champ ability or a node), combined with stun immune, what can be done to avoid getting hit? We know exactly when he will trigger the unstoppable, but no way to avoid the damage

I guess you have to hit his block to give him power. He will gain rock stacks when he blocks, but not go unstoppable because he is not “hit.”

I guess you have to hit his block to give him power. He will gain rock stacks when he blocks, but not go unstoppable because he is not “hit.”

He gains 1 rock stack when being struck. But he also gains 1 rock stack when blocking a hit.
  • ArgygufdetlopArgygufdetlop Posts: 50
    V1PER1987 wrote: »

He gains 1 rock stack when being struck. But he also gains 1 rock stack when blocking a hit.

Right, he will gain rock stacks, but now read the unstoppable mechanic again. I don’t think he is technically “hit” if he blocks the hit.
  • NOOOOOOOOPEEEEENOOOOOOOOPEEEEE Posts: 2,018 ★★★★
    What was the reasoning for making him science? Given the origin of his powers Cosmic seems more fitting.

For Cosmic vs. Science, Marvel's suggestion was that the F4 are in-line with other champions who were exposed to radiation due to experiments (like Spider-Man or Hulk). We consider aliens and people changed by alien experiments (like Captain Marvel) to be Cosmic.

Thanks for that response pretty cool to have explanations for choices like this.
    V1PER1987 wrote: »

Right, he will gain rock stacks, but now read the unstoppable mechanic again. I don’t think he is technically “hit” if he blocks the hit.

If he goes over 15 stacks he immediately becomes unstoppable. So if he has 15 rock stacks and you hit his block, he gains another one pushing him to 16 and making him unstoppable. That’s how I read it. Kabam is pretty confusing and inconsistent with their terminology but “when attacked” means when you throw a punch and it touches them whether blocked or not. “When struck” means they’re hit without blocking.
  • V1PER1987 wrote: »

He does trigger unstoppable right away