Champion Spotlight - Thing

Comments

• ArgygufdetlopArgygufdetlop Posts: 50
    V1PER1987 wrote: »
    V1PER1987 wrote: »
    Ordalca wrote: »
    If I'm reading this correctly, it looks like he goes unstoppable when he's hit when he already has 15, but loses them all when he uses a special at 15 or more. So the goal is to stop on exactly 15 and wait for him to throw his special?

Also, why is the "the Opponent would deal 300% or more of their Attack Rating with a Basic Attack, or 300% or more of their Attack Rating with a Special Attack Hit" separated like that? Is it just to specify that multi-hit specials can deal over 300% so long as it is spread over multiple hits?

Yes, 15 Rock Stacks is the sweet spot. If you hit him when he's at 14 stacks, he'll go to 15 but not be Unstoppable. If you then hit him when he's at 15, he'll go Unstoppable and go to 16.

And what to do when he is at 15 charges and no power to do a special attack?
    On scenarios with power manipulation (either a champ ability or a node), combined with stun immune, what can be done to avoid getting hit? We know exactly when he will trigger the unstoppable, but no way to avoid the damage

I guess you have to hit his block to give him power. He will gain rock stacks when he blocks, but not go unstoppable because he is not “hit.”

He gains 1 rock stack when being struck. But he also gains 1 rock stack when blocking a hit.

Right, he will gain rock stacks, but now read the unstoppable mechanic again. I don’t think he is technically “hit” if he blocks the hit.

If he goes over 15 stacks he immediately becomes unstoppable. So if he has 15 rock stacks and you hit his block, he gains another one pushing him to 16 and making him unstoppable. That’s how I read it. Kabam is pretty confusing and inconsistent with their terminology but “when attacked” means when you throw a punch and it touches them whether blocked or not. “When struck” means they’re hit without blocking.

I am not so sure that is right. The unstoppable mechanic requires him to be “Hit” to trigger, in addition to being over 15 stacks. I think in the lingo of the game, “Hit” and “Block” are different. But maybe you’re right.

Can moderator confirm whether hitting his block at 15 stacks is a viable way to get him to a power bar (I.e. does not trigger unstoppable)
  • JestressJestress Posts: 963 ★★★
    Tax wrote: »
    How does he work with x-23, Yondu, etc. whose bleeds become something else when fighting a champ that is bleed immune?

Champions like X-23 and Yondu won't try to Bleed Thing, since he's Immune. They'll trigger their alternate effects instead.

Isn't thing immune to armor break as well? So what happens with Yondu or Elektra?
  • V1PER1987V1PER1987 Posts: 3,416 ★★★★★
    Jestress wrote: »
    Tax wrote: »
    How does he work with x-23, Yondu, etc. whose bleeds become something else when fighting a champ that is bleed immune?

Champions like X-23 and Yondu won't try to Bleed Thing, since he's Immune. They'll trigger their alternate effects instead.

Isn't thing immune to armor break as well? So what happens with Yondu or Elektra?

So he’s just fully immune to them.
  • Looks like VTD will be AWESOME for him. Or am I wrong @Kabam Vydious Will he work similarly to x23 and yondu?
  • OrdalcaOrdalca Posts: 345
    If Thing is placed on Node 36 (breakthrough), will his immunity to armor break prevent the reduction in armor, or is it just the same icon?
  • I love the new character his design his skills, but I do not understand this immune to annulment and to his broken armor with the bleeding the thing should should not be of scientific class if, its poderers were by radiacioncosmica but cosmic therefore it would be a cosmic character if not all the fantastic four would be of science and because the doctor doom the defeat can ease if science wins the mystics
    and to try to accommodate him in his correct class
    first: the thing is tank little damage and much resistance base,
    his training in judo and his size and mass is what remains of the immovable object
    its ability to piles of rocks I like how you get but you should not each pile of a load of armor and fury that can cancel and lose a pile of rocks every 4 strokes and when home that wins more fury and provabila
    When he has 15 charges and attacks, he becomes unstoppable
    the more furious the probability of armoring armor when the opponent has the armor broken the damage is sure and when he has stun or weakness, the auto blockade and evasion
    when it loads a strong active attack it's time to fight and it becomes unstoppable and unblockable and accurate hit and the probability of breaking the armor and stun
    immune to electroshock bleeding to draining powers and burns of technology and poisoning by cuts and resistance to penetration of armor
    if their attacks are damaged their damage or try to take away power this wins to compensate
    strengths: the thing has a very low damage without its facility to obtain fury to have the damage to make losses in defense its unstoppable not to have it cornered in the game the armor to hold more, the strong attacks are to counterattack and the attackers that depend of prolonged damage arcangel and gwenpool those of massive damage corvus glave and domino will have it difficult, I mean a sponge of damage
    weaknesses: XL-size characters such as kingpin, hulk, jugernaut will have an advantage with the unstoppable thing that destroys the armor constantly and annulment affects its obtaining advantages to supply the bleeding and what will stop them
  • Luke208080Luke208080 Posts: 103
    Is Thing poison immune? Fought him as boss on incollected 2.2 with voodoo. Used s1, converted loas, and an immune message popped up.

Could be missing it, but his abilities do not say poison immune, and the node doesnt grant it.
  • ButtehrsButtehrs Posts: 823 ★★★
    Luke208080 wrote: »
    Is Thing poison immune? Fought him as boss on incollected 2.2 with voodoo. Used s1, converted loas, and an immune message popped up.

Could be missing it, but his abilities do not say poison immune, and the node doesnt grant it.

Hes immune to nullify which I beleive includes voodoos loas
  • Luke208080 wrote: »

You need to nullify his buffs in order to proc the poisons. He is immune to nullify, so Voodoo won't work on him
  • Luke208080Luke208080 Posts: 103
    Luke208080 wrote: »

You need to nullify his buffs in order to proc the poisons. He is immune to nullify, so Voodoo won't work on him

Ah of course. So much damn text in the new champs. Thanks.
  • NOOOOOOOOPEEEEENOOOOOOOOPEEEEE Posts: 2,018 ★★★★
    I love the new character his design his skills, but I do not understand this immune to annulment and to his broken armor with the bleeding the thing should should not be of scientific class if, its poderers were by radiacioncosmica but cosmic therefore it would be a cosmic character if not all the fantastic four would be of science and because the doctor doom the defeat can ease if science wins the mystics
    his training in judo and his size and mass is what remains of the immovable object
    its ability to piles of rocks I like how you get but you should not each pile of a load of armor and fury that can cancel and lose a pile of rocks every 4 strokes and when home that wins more fury and provabila
    the more furious the probability of armoring armor when the opponent has the armor broken the damage is sure and when he has stun or weakness, the auto blockade and evasion
    when it loads a strong active attack it's time to fight and it becomes unstoppable and unblockable and accurate hit and the probability of breaking the armor and stun
    immune to electroshock bleeding to draining powers and burns of technology and poisoning by cuts and resistance to penetration of armor
    if their attacks are damaged their damage or try to take away power this wins to compensate
    strengths: the thing has a very low damage without its facility to obtain fury to have the damage to make losses in defense its unstoppable not to have it cornered in the game the armor to hold more, the strong attacks are to counterattack and the attackers that depend of prolonged damage arcangel and gwenpool those of massive damage corvus glave and domino will have it difficult, I mean a sponge of damage
    weaknesses: XL-size characters such as kingpin, hulk, jugernaut will have an advantage with the unstoppable thing that destroys the armor constantly and annulment affects its obtaining advantages to supply the bleeding and what will stop them

His classing as science was actually discussed earlier. Vydious said that Marvel classified them as Science because of the radiation that effected him similar to how Radiation effect Spider-Man or Hulk
  • xNigxNig Posts: 3,466 ★★★★
    I love the new character his design his skills, but I do not understand this immune to annulment and to his broken armor with the bleeding the thing should should not be of scientific class if, its poderers were by radiacioncosmica but cosmic therefore it would be a cosmic character if not all the fantastic four would be of science and because the doctor doom the defeat can ease if science wins the mystics

His classing as science was actually discussed earlier. Vydious said that Marvel classified them as Science because of the radiation that effected him similar to how Radiation effect Spider-Man or Hulk

Generally, if you can understand what happened to him, he’s science. If you don’t understand it, it’s alien to you and hence cosmic.
  • RotellyRotelly Posts: 288 ★★
    My guess is they built him as a strong mystic counter. Which is why he is immune to armor break, nulify, fate seal, etc..... traditional mystic abilities
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 1,888 ★★★
    edited January 10
    I know no one has ever accused the game of too much logic. But how does it make any sense that the Thing's primary weakness is... Bleed Champs?

Oh well. As long as I can poison him with flying ants, that's the main thing!

Is it possible to adjust the description in the Rock Stacks or Passive sections? It's not apparent that rock stacks removed by bleed don't trigger passive Furies to build until you get to the Weaknesses section. Thanks!
  • Mephisto’s Soul Imprisonment still works to prevent unstoppable. Rack up 6 souls during the quest and just keep the soul imprisonment up. Incinerate also does some nice damage too
  • RiderofHellRiderofHell Posts: 1,440 ★★★★
    Huh, unknown champions, weird, Thing isn’t linked to any specific team that I know of that might have...multiple other members...hmm, guess we start speculating

We have 3 beacons left safe to say others are coming in remaining 3 quarters of the year.

I predict april.august.dec are the months
  • TacoScottyTacoScotty Posts: 395 ★★
    I didn’t check but assume flagged as hero? If so if placed on villian node (node 40 tyranny for expert) in AW I assume main counter is a bleeder like blade since he won’t gain power to use a special at 15 unless you can down him before 15? Mentioning blade since his bleeds are more predictable in a situation where you don’t have specials to bait to fall back on. Parry, MLM, Parry, MLM?

Let me know if I missed something - didn’t closely read all his stuff yet but I immediately tried to think of nodes.

AON mini may be fun as well.
  • I love the new character his design his skills, but I do not understand this immune to annulment and to his broken armor with the bleeding the thing should should not be of scientific class if, its poderers were by radiacioncosmica but cosmic therefore it would be a cosmic character if not all the fantastic four would be of science and because the doctor doom the defeat can ease if science wins the mystics

yes, but if so, the captain marvel would be of science class as a machine exploded and connned the DNA of Captain Marvel with Carol and so was born Miss Marvel
    and if it were science class because Dr. domm beats all four if he uses magic
    no sense is similar what happens with quake

• Unstoppable and unblockable for eight seconds?

Well that certainly sounds fun and interactive! And in no way dramatically more powerful than poor, Feeble Unstoppable-that-tops-out-at-four-seconds Juggernaut.

So anyway, given that the Thing is immune to nullify or stagger:

(1) Are these effects active or passive?
    (2) Can one or both of them be stolen by Loki or Pilfered by a Pilfer node?
    (3) Can they be replicated by a Replicate node?

The immunity is passive, and can't be stolen or replicated.

• Unstoppable and unblockable for eight seconds?

Well that certainly sounds fun and interactive! And in no way dramatically more powerful than poor, Feeble Unstoppable-that-tops-out-at-four-seconds Juggernaut.

So anyway, given that the Thing is immune to nullify or stagger:

(1) Are these effects active or passive?
    (2) Can one or both of them be stolen by Loki or Pilfered by a Pilfer node?
    (3) Can they be replicated by a Replicate node?

The immunity is passive, and can't be stolen or replicated.

I think he was asking if a buff can be replicated or stolen (Loki, Rogue, nodes mentioned) since Thing is immune no nullify
  • crogscrogs Posts: 268
    What was the reasoning for making him science? Given the origin of his powers Cosmic seems more fitting.

For Cosmic vs. Science, Marvel's suggestion was that the F4 are in-line with other champions who were exposed to radiation due to experiments (like Spider-Man or Hulk). We consider aliens and people changed by alien experiments (like Captain Marvel) to be Cosmic.
    They were on a spaceship, in space when a wave of cosmic radiation moving through space nailed them. At least that was my recollection. Did I miss something here? They weren't changed by an experiment.

And I don't remember thing ever saying "it's smashing time". It's clobbering time is what I remember. That's in the EQ.
  • VoltolosVoltolos Posts: 553 ★★
    crogs wrote: »
    What was the reasoning for making him science? Given the origin of his powers Cosmic seems more fitting.

For Cosmic vs. Science, Marvel's suggestion was that the F4 are in-line with other champions who were exposed to radiation due to experiments (like Spider-Man or Hulk). We consider aliens and people changed by alien experiments (like Captain Marvel) to be Cosmic.
    They were on a spaceship, in space when a wave of cosmic radiation moving through space nailed them. At least that was my recollection. Did I miss something here? They weren't changed by an experiment.

And I don't remember thing ever saying "it's smashing time". It's clobbering time is what I remember. That's in the EQ.

"He even messed up his punchline" Quote from the EQ
  • My_SuperiorMy_Superior Posts: 1,645 ★★★★
    Could you add She-Hulk to his Rivals Synergy?
  • djr17djr17 Posts: 402 ★★

Why do you think they were in space in the first place. Space tourism?
    djr17 wrote: »

They weren't being experimented on in space. There is a difference between being experimented on and conducting. One is the Guinea pig, the other is the scientist.

Voltolos wrote: »

"He even messed up his punchline" Quote from the EQ

Intentional? Did I miss dialogue?
  • V1PER1987V1PER1987 Posts: 3,416 ★★★★★
    djr17 wrote: »

They weren't being experimented on in space. There is a difference between being experimented on and conducting. One is the Guinea pig, the other is the scientist.

Science doesn’t just mean they were experimented on. It means that science is directly responsible for their powera. Similar to how Hulk was transformed due to radiation so were the Fantastic Four. It doesn’t matter what the location is.

Cosmic on the other hand is reserved for beings not of Earth. Basically non humans. Thor, Drax, Gamora, Ronan, Medusa, BB. They’re all beings not of Earth, but from the cosmos.

I know people are arguing about “cosmic” rays but regardless it’s still radiation (science) that transformed them. They’ve come out with a lot of weird class choices for some characters but I believe they got it right this time.
    Eh. Ms Marvel contradicts that.