**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

"The Unstoppable" frustration... This is not the game for average players anymore...

123457»

Comments

• DarthHaasDarthHaas Posts: 385 ★★
    not to beat a dead horse. although it probably needs to be beaten monthly around the time a new event quest comes out.
    saying that Kabam is making the quest to hard because a (self proclaimed average player) cannot beat MASTER difficulty is kinda strange complaint.
    now if a master player said they could not beat a master difficulty then it may be to hard.
    I personally am glad that Kabam is making content that challenges me and lets me try different champs that i would not normally use..... actually i take that back can you just make everything easy so i can just use blade for everything and oh i didnt get legend title this month because i was to slow but i really want it can i please get it. Thanks Kabam
  • CaramesCarames Posts: 284 ★★
    edited January 2019
    I think the biggest source of frustration is the fact that this game plays drastically differently depending on your device. I have a 3-yr. old android tablet that I had planned on retiring and went out and got a new Samsung tablet over the holiday. The game plays like hot garbage on it. You can't develop any sense of timing because the game speeds up and slows down during a fight. I get blocked in the middle of a mlllm combo because my champ responds so slowly to my instructions. The old tablet, however, aside from occasionally pausing during a fight (which used to drive me absolutely insane, but now is completely ok after I've had the pleasure of experiencing much, much worse), runs the game much more smoothly.

When you take performance issues like these, and then add in what the monthly's are doing with the nodes on the champs, you get an unenjoyable experience. For those who aren't dealing with these issues, they are definitely there, so the condescending attitudes that some people are expressing certainly don't help.

I definitely understand the frustration that people are feeling. I haven't enjoyed a UC monthly in a while now. Aegon was brutal, DH was stupid, and I'm barely interested in starting this month's because it sounds like more of the same.

I honestly wish that the game team would take a few months off from the events and focus on fixing the performance problems. If I was just starting to play, I would have walked away already.
  • Shrimkins wrote: »
    Shrimkins wrote: »
    Blax4ever wrote: »
    We have had really easy EQ's recently. About time we have a harder one.

There is always one but this community has about 10 of these.

Last time I checked this is still a contest. If I can complete content that others can't, then that's good for me.

UC EQ's, or EPIC difficulties are made for the people with the highest skills and best rosters. If people aren't complaining then kabam is doing it wrong.

Even master mode was designed for people who play at a fairly high skill level. If you can't complete master with a few 4/55s then the game isn't the problem, you are.

I'm not trying to be an ass. That's just the reality of the situation. There will always be people who can't complete content. Pandering to casuals who want everything handed to them is never good for a long term game.

LOL... you're so dense I'm just going to laugh at your ridiculousness and try to explain to you why the MAJORITY of the people discussing these issues are frustrated at the asinine content created recently. Not many of us are scared of a challenge or losing a fight - but almost all of us can agree that an alarming amount of content lately has been full of cheap or downright broken mechanics that have NOTHING to do with player skill, and are either a blatant cash-grab by Kabam, or an insulting lack of insight into their own game. THAT'S the problem here; not a lack of skill or desire for a challenge from the MAJORITY of players.

Name 1 piece of content released recently, besides maze, that is a complete cash grab and can't be overcome by some combination of skill, strategy, and the right champ. What, exactly, do you consider a broken mechanic? Can you name examples?

Tons, but your opinion wouldn't change anyways, so I'm not even going to waste my time. You're in the minority. Bye felicia.

I just asked for 1 single example and you can't even do that.

you're so mad right now...

you are from those people that want a 6* champ as a gift.
  • mostlyharmlessnmostlyharmlessn Posts: 1,387 ★★★★

Last time I checked this is still a contest. If I can complete content that others can't, then that's good for me.

UC EQ's, or EPIC difficulties are made for the people with the highest skills and best rosters. If people aren't complaining then kabam is doing it wrong.

Even master mode was designed for people who play at a fairly high skill level. If you can't complete master with a few 4/55s then the game isn't the problem, you are.

I'm not trying to be an ass. That's just the reality of the situation. There will always be people who can't complete content. Pandering to casuals who want everything handed to them is never good for a long term game.

LOL... you're so dense I'm just going to laugh at your ridiculousness and try to explain to you why the MAJORITY of the people discussing these issues are frustrated at the asinine content created recently. Not many of us are scared of a challenge or losing a fight - but almost all of us can agree that an alarming amount of content lately has been full of cheap or downright broken mechanics that have NOTHING to do with player skill, and are either a blatant cash-grab by Kabam, or an insulting lack of insight into their own game. THAT'S the problem here; not a lack of skill or desire for a challenge from the MAJORITY of players.

Name 1 piece of content released recently, besides maze, that is a complete cash grab and can't be overcome by some combination of skill, strategy, and the right champ. What, exactly, do you consider a broken mechanic? Can you name examples?

Broken Mechanic - Input Lag we have been seeing playing.
    Broken Mechanic - The AI can go from a special right into a heavy many times without the time needed to wind up the heavy.
    Broken Mechanic - You knock the AI down, and recovers faster then your champ ever can.
    Broken Mechanic - Can't reliability chain a combo into a special without the AI blocking it.
    Broken Mechanic - Things like Drax now slides backwards when an auto evader evades.
    Broken Mechanic - Differences in push back when you use an SP for some champs (WS/Punisher) come to mind.
    Broken Mechanic - Reach/distance of specials the AI has. (Example Hood's SP1 reach can be different at various times). Sometimes 1 swipe back gets out of the way, sometimes 2 is needed.

Should be considered a broken Mechanic - Unstoppable in this EQ can interrupt your specials.

• Shrimkins wrote: »

Tons, but your opinion wouldn't change anyways, so I'm not even going to waste my time. You're in the minority. Bye felicia.

I just asked for 1 single example and you can't even do that.

don't ask him again. It's not worth it. He just want to blame the game becouse he lacks in skill.
    @Shrimkins
  • Panchulon21Panchulon21 Posts: 2,605 ★★★★★
    I will say this EQ isn’t bad, but I 100% see the point the OP is going towards.

You know when both unstoppables are coming but when you add other nodes it makes it tiresome and annoying. Why make diablo unstoppable?, he’s a small character, I think medium size, not a hulk, or The Thing or juggernaut. That’s when it gets outrageous. Characters like that shouldn’t have unstoppable. Give them other nodes, 100% regen, sure, bleed immune (kabams fault blade is so amazing) sure.

As I said I don’t think this EQ was hard at all, but I see where the frustration for everyone is coming.
  • ShrimkinsShrimkins Posts: 1,479 ★★★★

Broken Mechanic - The AI can go from a special right into a heavy many times without the time needed to wind up the heavy.
    Broken Mechanic - You knock the AI down, and recovers faster then your champ ever can.
    Broken Mechanic - Can't reliability chain a combo into a special without the AI blocking it.
    Broken Mechanic - Things like Drax now slides backwards when an auto evader evades.
    Broken Mechanic - Differences in push back when you use an SP for some champs (WS/Punisher) come to mind.
    Broken Mechanic - Reach/distance of specials the AI has. (Example Hood's SP1 reach can be different at various times). Sometimes 1 swipe back gets out of the way, sometimes 2 is needed.

Should be considered a broken Mechanic - Unstoppable in this EQ can interrupt your specials.

Those are not mechanics. A mechanic is a node like buffet, or an ability like unstoppable, or starburst, or domino's critical failure.

Complaining about bugs and lag are a completely different category than what the OP was talking about. I totally get the frustration of lag and I'm not trying to defend kabam on that one.
    Carames wrote: »
    I think the biggest source of frustration is the fact that this game plays drastically differently depending on your device. I have a 3-yr. old android tablet that I had planned on retiring and went out and got a new Samsung tablet over the holiday. The game plays like hot garbage on it. You can't develop any sense of timing because the game speeds up and slows down during a fight. I get blocked in the middle of a mlllm combo because my champ responds so slowly to my instructions. The old tablet, however, aside from occasionally pausing during a fight (which used to drive me absolutely insane, but now is completely ok after I've had the pleasure of experiencing much, much worse), runs the game much more smoothly.

When you take performance issues like these, and then add in what the monthly's are doing with the nodes on the champs, you get an unenjoyable experience. For those who aren't dealing with these issues, they are definitely there, so the condescending attitudes that some people are expressing certainly don't help.

I definitely understand the frustration that people are feeling. I haven't enjoyed a UC monthly in a while now. Aegon was brutal, DH was stupid, and I'm barely interested in starting this month's because it sounds like more of the same.

I honestly wish that the game team would take a few months off from the events and focus on fixing the performance problems. If I was just starting to play, I would have walked away already.

I currently play on 3 different devices.

1) OnePlus 5T snapdragon 835/8G RAM Android 8.1
    2) LG G7 ThinQ International Version- Snapdragon 845 6G Ram Android 8.0 (game mode set to highest graphics and Highest frame rate).
    3) OnePlus 6 Snapdragon 845 8G Ram android 8.1

In other words, 3 devices which should not be seeing hardware performance related issues... and yet I still do....
  • Taiphoon_zeroTaiphoon_zero Posts: 110
    iPad Pro doesn’t hav lags besides permanent wifi connection issues when you rank up smbd

Those are not mechanics. A mechanic is a node like buffet, or an ability like unstoppable, or starburst, or domino's critical failure.

Complaining about bugs and lag are a completely different category than what the OP was talking about. I totally get the frustration of lag and I'm not trying to defend kabam on that one.

These are broken mechanics of the game, bugged or intended.

So what you are asking for are bugged/broken nodes.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,552 Guardian

I'm quite certain you can't name tons of content that can't be completed with skill and strong roster and no money, because there are free to play players that have beaten everything in the game.
  • ShrimkinsShrimkins Posts: 1,479 ★★★★
    edited January 2019

These are broken mechanics of the game, bugged or intended.

So what you are asking for are bugged/broken nodes.

Nodes and abilities are what I'm referring to as mechanics. Supposedly all of these are:
    cheap or downright broken mechanics that have NOTHING to do with player skill, and are either a blatant cash-grab by Kabam, or an insulting lack of insight into their own game.

I think it's a complete fairy tale but I can be persuaded.

EDIT: The nodes and/or abilities aren't bugged. This poster just thought their very nature was "broken"
    DNA3000 wrote: »

I'm quite certain you can't name tons of content that can't be completed with skill and strong roster and no money, because there are free to play players that have beaten everything in the game.

Well, since you're quite certain I suppose no reason to convince you otherwise. Also, tons was meant as hyperbole there Ace. Thanks for playing.

Yes, there is no reason to attempt to convince anyone otherwise, since by definition free to play players completing all of the content in the game absolutely precludes any content being impossible to complete without spending money. Also when someone says "tons" when the actual value is "zero" that's not hyperbole, that's either dyscalculia or illiteracy.

Well, since you're quite certain I suppose no reason to convince you otherwise. Also, tons was meant as hyperbole there Ace. Thanks for playing.

Yes, there is no reason to attempt to convince anyone otherwise, since by definition free to play players completing all of the content in the game absolutely precludes any content being impossible to complete without spending money. Also when someone says "tons" when the actual value is "zero" that's not hyperbole, that's either dyscalculia or illiteracy.

lol. Now you so mad too... 😎

What do you mean "now?"

IllustriousPaleHerring-size_restricted.gif
  • StarDarts_89StarDarts_89 Posts: 419 ★★
    This thread just needs to die LMFAO
  • StarDarts_89StarDarts_89 Posts: 419 ★★
    I don’t care what level you are at, if you have 5* 4/55’s... you should never have trouble with Master Mode, & you just need to get better. And no, there are no Endgame Players who struggle with Master either... & if they do, they’re not Endgame.
    I don’t care what level you are at, if you have 5* 4/55’s... you should never have trouble with Master Mode, & you just need to get better.

You do realize it is possible for players to have multiple 4/55 champs through nothing but the calendar rewards?

Of course if you're having trouble you should try to get better, that's a truism. But it is entirely possible for a player's roster to vastly outstrip their experience, especially more casual players that have been around for a while. The notion that anyone who has this or that in their roster must have a certain skill level or there's something wrong with them is not a useful notion. It encourages players to complain about the content because they've been told they "should" be able to do it.

No one "should" be able to do anything. That's entirely dependent on their skill level first, and their roster a very distant second. No matter how long you've been playing, no matter how many hours you've put it, no matter what your roster looks like, and no matter what other content you've done, the game doesn't guarantee you any success. You have to earn it through gameplay.
  • Mars___Mars___ Posts: 87 ★★
    I don’t care what level you are at, if you have 5* 4/55’s... you should never have trouble with Master Mode, & you just need to get better.

You do realize it is possible for players to have multiple 4/55 champs through nothing but the calendar rewards?

Of course if you're having trouble you should try to get better, that's a truism. But it is entirely possible for a player's roster to vastly outstrip their experience, especially more casual players that have been around for a while. The notion that anyone who has this or that in their roster must have a certain skill level or there's something wrong with them is not a useful notion. It encourages players to complain about the content because they've been told they "should" be able to do it.

No one "should" be able to do anything. That's entirely dependent on their skill level first, and their roster a very distant second. No matter how long you've been playing, no matter how many hours you've put it, no matter what your roster looks like, and no matter what other content you've done, the game doesn't guarantee you any success. You have to earn it through gameplay.

Looks like you guys understood my post in wrong way...

First thing i am playing this game only for 15 months and didn't got all the rewards to rank up champs to 4/55 only with calendar logins and i never spent any money on this game.. i cleared whole act 5 with only 4*s and was able to clear CHAMPION CLASH chapter 2 with my two of 4/55's... i was told earlier i am not against difficult content but my probelm is with new mechanics... for example the thing can go unstoppable in middle of special attack where u will not have control on ur champ. Yes i was unable to clear last month's master quest(without using loads of reviews)because of lag and it doesn't mater whether it is 4/55 or 5/65 he can kill any one with one combo due to his nodes.
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    Mars___ wrote: »

Looks like you guys understood my post in wrong way...

First thing i am playing this game only for 15 months and didn't got all the rewards to rank up champs to 4/55 only with calendar logins and i never spent any money on this game.. i cleared whole act 5 with only 4*s and was able to clear CHAMPION CLASH chapter 2 with my two of 4/55's... i was told earlier i am not against difficult content but my probelm is with new mechanics... for example the thing can go unstoppable in middle of special attack where u will not have control on ur champ. Yes i was unable to clear last month's master quest(without using loads of reviews)because of lag and it doesn't mater whether it is 4/55 or 5/65 he can kill any one with one combo due to his nodes.

If you had the lag bug there was no way to get past DH without a champ that could tank a L3. That's entirely different from the game getting too difficult due to new mechanics.
This discussion has been closed.