**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Simple Request re: Offers

DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,480 ★★★★★
edited January 2019 in Suggestions and Requests
Perhaps it is just my device, but recent in-game offers pop up before I’m even able to see what the results of my crystal openings are. Doesn’t matter what type of crystals; even happens immediately upon making glory purchases.

I understand offers are part of the game. However, this is aggressive to the point of being annoying. At least please let me see what my results were before targeting me with an offer.

Thank you.

Dr. Zola

Comments

• V1PER1987V1PER1987 Posts: 3,474 ★★★★★
    I agree. It seems like everything you do now has some kind of pop up offer now. Can’t finish a quest or open a crystal without being targeted.
  • The_OneThe_One Posts: 2,936 ★★★★
    Most of the time the offers are to top up a few shards that you're short to make a full catalyst/crystal but if you check you inventory of said catalyst/crystal buying the offer won't fully form one anyway.

And yes, they are overly aggressive and annoying
  • wish you could turn them off ive been using my alt account more recently and the offers that dont come up when i pull a new 2 star on my lvl 55 acc come up in the same exact senario on my lvl 25 acc its targeted to your progression and I think that offers of that sort should be in store offers rather than harrasing you after opening
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,480 ★★★★★
    I’ve got zero problem with offers—in fact, I would even be willing to select specific classes or types of offers I might be interested in to help with their targeting.

My issue is with pop-ups in nearly every phase of the game. That feels very 2015ish.

Dr. Zola
  • Ezra7676Ezra7676 Posts: 670 ★★
    Let my son open a 4* and he clicked on the rank up package right after. Was like 900 units worth of junk.
  • axelelf_1axelelf_1 Posts: 775 ★★★
    Yeah, pop ups are way too aggressive now. It's really annoying.
  • DshuDshu Posts: 1,503 ★★★★
    Wait till it pops up at the start of an aq fight. Cost me half a champ before I could close it
    zx9ei0fbgnra.png

How about a spam folder for offers? It’s not unusual to have 4 or more going at the same time these days. Just back it off a little.

Dr. Zola
    Just going to my home screen...can we just have an offer “cooling off” period?
    ldp67ipkezkq.png

Dr. Zola
    Now at 6 offers on the clock... qyeyj98hngbq.png

Dr. Zola
  • V1PER1987V1PER1987 Posts: 3,474 ★★★★★
    Capitalism at its finest. Firstworldproblems.
  • Anurag1606Anurag1606 Posts: 1,172 ★★★
    Problem is they appear so aggressively and so before getting to know your results and sometimes you click it by mistake and your hard earned units are gone just for nothing. Should be an undo button along.
  • Primmer79Primmer79 Posts: 2,968 ★★★★
    Adding to this. I agree.

They pop up everywhere now, and it is way too much. Kabam, I understand and the new "top off" offers are a good strategy, but its too much right now.
    Continuing this thread...needed ~500 5* shards to fill out a crystal and opened this from a 4* crystal...

6wdz8kfm8top.png

...before I could even see what the pull was this popped up lickety-split...

101oac7h2z1h.png

...which makes me assume the offers are tied very closely to the pRNG result, since I wouldn’t need a 5* shard offer if I had pulled a 4* already at max sig level (a pretty decent probability since ~40% of my 4*’s are at max sig) or had pulled a 4* I already had (would I have gotten a 250 5* shard offer?).

I realize there are later threads discussing this, but is there any game team input on the thinking behind these pop-ups? They feel a little stalker-y.

Dr. Zola
  • Mirage_TurtleMirage_Turtle Posts: 1,868 ★★★★
    I agree. These feel a bit aggressive.
  • DrownedGodDrownedGod Posts: 276
    DrZola wrote: »
    Continuing this thread...needed ~500 5* shards to fill out a crystal and opened this from a 4* crystal...

6wdz8kfm8top.png

101oac7h2z1h.png

...which makes me assume the offers are tied very closely to the pRNG result, since I wouldn’t need a 5* shard offer if I had pulled a 4* already at max sig level (a pretty decent probability since ~40% of my 4*’s are at max sig) or had pulled a 4* I already had (would I have gotten a 250 5* shard offer?).

I realize there are later threads discussing this, but is there any game team input on the thinking behind these pop-ups? They feel a little stalker-y.

Dr. Zola

This is kind of cringeworthy and embarrassing to be honest on Kabam's part. I've had many pop ups after crystal rolls but never one that basically revealed a detail of the outcome prior to actually seeing the outcome first.

Stalker-y indeed.
    edited January 2019
    DrownedGod wrote: »
    DrZola wrote: »

6wdz8kfm8top.png

101oac7h2z1h.png

Dr. Zola

This is kind of cringeworthy and embarrassing to be honest on Kabam's part. I've had many pop ups after crystal rolls but never one that basically revealed a detail of the outcome prior to actually seeing the outcome first.

Stalker-y indeed.

Well, I wouldn’t say it “revealed” it, but the instant the reel stopped on Ghulk the offer popped up...pretty close to simultaneously. That’s what irked me.

I’m all for offers. As I’ve stated elsewhere, I’m even happy to let the game team pick my brain directly and lay out the specific types of items I would tend to be interested in (although I’m never signing a NDA for a phone game without real world consideration)—but this pop-up business that leaps out a split-second after the crystal result (in many cases obscuring the picture of the crystal results before you can focus on them) is beyond reasonable.

Dr. Zola
  • Colonaut123Colonaut123 Posts: 3,091 ★★★★★
    There is lag everywhere, but the offers don't seem to be influenced by it... Yeah, Kabam needs cash.