**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

The ever-present gold problem

YoMovesYoMoves Posts: 1,281 ★★★★
Hi there. I am an arena grinder. I regularly take to the battlefield because gold is suddenly the scarcest resource available for me. With donations and the now fairly constant deluge of catalysts I receive at the top of the game, I find myself wanting, even NEEDING, to rank more Champions as otherwise my catalysts would needlessly expire.

But I can't anymore, because the gold just isn't flowing. For over a year and a half I lived off of the original Halls of Fortune which granted me nearly 20M in funds, but with my steady Arena output, I just can't keep up anymore despite my activity. I have many t4b in my stash simply doing nothing because I can't rank up my 5*s anymore. I have to save, save, save for my next rank 5 (my Doctor Voodoo). It's getting to the point where I know many of the top summoners in the game are hurting, and hurting badly.

Please, can you look into a more sustainable gold flow? I don't care if it means a 3-energy Halls of Fortune daily, gold is now the hardest resource to get without spending oodles of money to get it. Can you please find a way to beat the bottleneck?

-A concerned summoner

Comments

• Rich_RyderRich_Ryder Posts: 238
    The gold problem is a spoon
  • OmegaManOmegaMan Posts: 383 ★★★
    The common response is "we give you halls of fortune twice a year for a week". This has been a problem for a long time. The cost to rank one 5 or 6 star champion takes months of arena grinding every single day. There is no solution on the horizon.
    OmegaMan wrote: »
    The common response is "we give you halls of fortune twice a year for a week". This has been a problem for a long time. The cost to rank one 5 or 6 star champion takes months of arena grinding every single day. There is no solution on the horizon.

Around 2.5 million to take a 5 star from 0 to max. That should not take months of arena grinding. Even if it did how often are you spending that much at once? If you’re acquiring new 5 stars and the catalysts to take them to rank 5 max that often you’re probably spending money and having to spend money on gold is just another way you have to spend money
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,192 ★★★★★
    There's more than enough Gold in the game. It's about management.
  • JRock808JRock808 Posts: 1,149 ★★★★
    edited January 2019
    I manage enough nonsense for a living. No reason to have to manage basic cats, class cats, alpha cats, iso, AND gold, not to mention getting actual champs worth ranking up.

Eventually your rank ups are so few and far between that gold won't be a problem though.

• rwhackrwhack Posts: 1,047 ★★★
    Get rid of gold, BC, loyalty to run AQ
    Well, that's part of the game. Resource management.
  • OmegaManOmegaMan Posts: 383 ★★★

False. Not near enough gold in the game. Jt shoukdnt be a full time job and yoh shouldnf have to play this game and grind a borring arena for three or more hours every day just to advance in the game.
  • StarDarts_89StarDarts_89 Posts: 419 ★★

It takes at least 1mil gold alone to 5/65 a 5*, with class specific ISO (not including all the other ranks). Just saying...
  • BirdReynoldsBirdReynolds Posts: 527 ★★★
    @StarDarts_89 how often do you pull a 5* and immediately 5/65 them? Or 4/55? Or even 3/45? It isn’t often, it’s done in stages usually.
    @OmegaMan oh no, an absolutely free to play game requires you to spend time playing, instead of money, to advance. Spend money or spend time. Stop complaining that everything isn’t always free. It devalues actual complaints, of which there are many.
  • BirdReynoldsBirdReynolds Posts: 527 ★★★
    PS I hate myself a little for siding with GW. But he’s not wrong here.
    edited January 2019
    @StarDarts_89 how often do you pull a 5* and immediately 5/65 them?

Umm... I think you mis-interpreted what I said @BirdReynolds. It’s takes at least 1mil gold to 5/65 a 5* with class ISO, excluding all other ranks. I wasn’t speaking of taking a 5* straight to 5/65, just the 5th Rank alone. But all in all, taking a 5* Champion all the way to 5/65 starting at R1 costs well over 2mil.
    I do not think Gold is as scarce as ppl make it out to be, but I would like to see a few more sources. Maybe increase the dungeon gold rewards? Who knows...

It takes at least 1mil gold alone to 5/65 a 5*, with class specific ISO (not including all the other ranks). Just saying...

Therein lies the problem. If you're planning on taking 5*s to Max in one sitting, it will get costly. Spending habits.
  • RO53TT1RO53TT1 Posts: 317
    I just took a 5* stark spidey that I just pulled strait to r3, luckily I had mostly class iso cause it cost 820,000 gold, had I had to use say half basic iso it would have easily been over a million gold. Then I started looking at the amount of gold u can win in arenas say, it's a little over 200k if u get top 3 milestones in all arenas, under the solo events say the 22 hour event 4000 gold and it just gets worse from there. The problem is the amount of gold we have to spend to rank up champions has increased 10 fold but the gold we can earn hasn't really changed much, everytime I grind out arenas and get up to a million or so it's gone as soon as I rank up a 4* or 5*, so please can we do something about this, I'm not saying it should be easy, I don't mind grinding but right now it just feels like your running on a treadmill mill getting no where. And please the reg gold crystals are a joke, 2400 gold Is useless, u can't even increase 1 level, unless kabam starts giving them out by the 100s.
  • YoMovesYoMoves Posts: 1,281 ★★★★
    edited January 2019

Therein lies the problem. If you're planning on taking 5*s to Max in one sitting, it will get costly. Spending habits.

Yeah...no.

You obviously are incredibly out of touch with the issue. I am a REGULAR arena grinder, and currently my gold is ONLY going towards my next big rankup, and I am still operating at a large negative. We are simply getting too many resources and not enough gold to use them all. There is no 'resource management' when one is in too short supply to be able to use the other. I'm beginning to have basic cats in the stash and glory overfilling because there's simply nothing to use them on. I can spend glory on cats, but then I can't use the cats because I don't have enough gold. And even buying all the golden crystals available with glory doesn't put a dent in my glory stash.

You need to research the actual problem before you speak. You are so wrong it's almost laughable.

And for the record...no, I spend as little money as possible. Even if I did choose to spend money on gold, that's a horribly inefficient system that's really not worth it at all. Besides, do you think the people who don't grind arena and don't spend will ever be making enough consistent gold to be ranking champs even sporadically? No, no they won't.

With that out of the way...Kabam, PLEASE make Halls of Fortune a daily quest like the Proving Grounds. That would make life so much easier for so many people. I'd be willing to spend an energy refill a day for 100k gold a day. That'd put serious ease on alliance donations as well.
    @StarDarts_89 how often do you pull a 5* and immediately 5/65 them? Or 4/55? Or even 3/45? It isn’t often, it’s done in stages usually.
    @OmegaMan oh no, an absolutely free to play game requires you to spend time playing, instead of money, to advance. Spend money or spend time. Stop complaining that everything isn’t always free. It devalues actual complaints, of which there are many.

Well...apparently at my level they want me to do both. I can put ten hours a day in this game daily now and still be short the gold to use my catalysts. I narrowly avoided losing some t2a thanks to this gold shortage.

If I'm able to get so much of other resources (battlechips, loyalty, glory, catalysts, iso) for free or near free, why does gold have to cost me all this money? That seems imbalanced.
    I have over 10 million gold. I haven’t been below 8 million in months. How are you people acquiring catalysts and 5 stars so quickly that gold is an issue?
    YoMoves wrote: »

Yeah...no.

You obviously are incredibly out of touch with the issue. I am a REGULAR arena grinder, and currently my gold is ONLY going towards my next big rankup, and I am still operating at a large negative. We are simply getting too many resources and not enough gold to use them all. There is no 'resource management' when one is in too short supply to be able to use the other. I'm beginning to have basic cats in the stash and glory overfilling because there's simply nothing to use them on. I can spend glory on cats, but then I can't use the cats because I don't have enough gold. And even buying all the golden crystals available with glory doesn't put a dent in my glory stash.

You need to research the actual problem before you speak. You are so wrong it's almost laughable.

And for the record...no, I spend as little money as possible. Even if I did choose to spend money on gold, that's a horribly inefficient system that's really not worth it at all. Besides, do you think the people who don't grind arena and don't spend will ever be making enough consistent gold to be ranking champs even sporadically? No, no they won't.

With that out of the way...Kabam, PLEASE make Halls of Fortune a daily quest like the Proving Grounds. That would make life so much easier for so many people. I'd be willing to spend an energy refill a day for 100k gold a day. That'd put serious ease on alliance donations as well.

I'm not out of touch at all. Lots of us are Grinders, and we have more than enough. It's simple Mathematics. There's more than enough Gold available through regular game play. It's spending it that causes the deficit. If you're Ranking big, you will have to spend big. The higher the Rarity and the higher the Rank, the more Gold it will take.
    As for Gold Realms, that's just a quick solution that doesn't involve spending responsibly and examining what is being spent versus inflow. It's simple Economics. If you're spending it faster than you're making it, you will be broke.

I'm not out of touch at all. Lots of us are Grinders, and we have more than enough. It's simple Mathematics. There's more than enough Gold available through regular game play. It's spending it that causes the deficit. If you're Ranking big, you will have to spend big. The higher the Rarity and the higher the Rank, the more Gold it will take.
    As for Gold Realms, that's just a quick solution that doesn't involve spending responsibly and examining what is being spent versus inflow. It's simple Economics. If you're spending it faster than you're making it, you will be broke.

You didn't listen at all, did you?

I grind more than even the average grinder, and only spend for my next big rankup, meaning I maybe make an important rank every month to month and a half.

And I'm still short.

It seems, taking simple economics into play, you're outright wrong-there simply isn't enough supply for the demand. What's your profile even look like? What alliance are you in? Can you honestly say you know my problem if you're not at my level?

Because if you're not, you have no grounds for argument.

Rich_Ryder wrote: »
    I have over 10 million gold. I haven’t been below 8 million in months. How are you people acquiring catalysts and 5 stars so quickly that gold is an issue?

Well, I'm in ASR, who regularly places in Masters and is top 5 AQ. Donations alone are 500k gold a week.
    YoMoves wrote: »

You didn't listen at all, did you?

I grind more than even the average grinder, and only spend for my next big rankup, meaning I maybe make an important rank every month to month and a half.

And I'm still short.

It seems, taking simple economics into play, you're outright wrong-there simply isn't enough supply for the demand. What's your profile even look like? What alliance are you in? Can you honestly say you know my problem if you're not at my level?

Because if you're not, you have no grounds for argument.

Then something isn't adding up because I Grind and Rank on a regular basis and never go below 5 Mil. As I said, if you want to take a 5* to R4 or R5 in one sitting, you're going to run down fast.
    edited January 2019

Then something isn't adding up because I Grind and Rank on a regular basis and never go below 5 Mil. As I said, if you want to take a 5* to R4 or R5 in one sitting, you're going to run down fast.

It's not whether I want to or not, I HAVE to.

I'm already losing 500k gold per week for map 6 donations. That alone is a major pain to achieve per week with constant grinding, especially since 3/30 champions aren't safe in the 5* arena anymore.

Throw in the fact that I am now getting t2a and t4b quite consistently, and I have an issue where my catalysts can only really be used for those expensive rankups. It's either that or let the t2a expire. I can sell the t4bs, but then I just get closer to an R5, which is an extremely expensive endeavor.

So you tell me-where am I getting enough gold to be doing this consistently? What am I missing?
  • _I__I_ Posts: 306
    We cannot expect Kabam to give out gold
    Arena gift every month. However There are
    Two solutions to this problem.

1.Kabam lowers the rank up cost of 5* champs.
    2.Players in pursuit of level up rewards
    Do not mindlessly rank up inefficient
    Champs which ultimately prevents them
    From ranking up the efficient ones once
    They obtain those useful champs. If players do not use discretion effectively
    They will continue to suffer gold shortages
    Forever.
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    Midnite93 wrote: »
    And join an alliance where gold donations arent much or not needed that would save up so much of your resources

Going from a master alliance to a low alliance shouldn't be necessary. It's beyond absurd that they haven't reduced the cost of map 6 at this point.
    And join an alliance where gold donations arent much or not needed that would save up so much of your resources

Going from a master alliance to a low alliance shouldn't be necessary. It's beyond absurd that they haven't reduced the cost of map 6 at this point.

OP is running Map 5 and has to donate 500k a week. That's a large chunk to keep up with, part of the reason.
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★

OP is running Map 5 and has to donate 500k a week. That's a large chunk to keep up with, part of the reason.

Map 6. Map 5 gives you a lot of gold back. Map 6 donations were announced as being intentionally prohibitive as alliances weren't meant to run it multiple days. They have since stated that this is no longer the case, and the milestones clearly expect some alliances to run map 6 all five days, and yet there is no reduction in cost. It's created a black market for gold/loyalty/chips. Loyalty is another issue as the only way to get it is war and 1k per day which isn't really enough to keep up with aq 6x5 plus boosts. OP grinds a ton of arena and can't keep up with map 6 donations plus ranking. It's time to lower map 6 costs.