**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Is master even worth it anymore?

Comments

• Frivolousz21Frivolousz21 Posts: 438 ★★★
    Vossler77 wrote: »
    Primmer79 wrote: »
    Jemster519 wrote: »
    Practicing does NOT help since you are not practicing against the nodes you are coming across. I use to use ROL to practice but that is pointless now since it does not compare to the nodes. For ex. This months 2 boss is MODOK on a node that will build up buffs when you hit him blocking. After 5 nodes, you lose 25% health. He autoblocks so what is the point. You are going to lose 25% health regardless of your skill level. Period. One ex of many......

You go and practice on the actual node.

Couple suggestions:
    Parry then heavy. He won't autoblock it.
    Any stagger/nullify/counterspell champ

Corvus works fine agains Modok. Intercept or like op said. Parry. Heavy. With some charges. He goes down fast

It he could intercept then he wouldn't be having issues completing master with rank 4 five stars.

This thread makes me feel good. I thought I was below average.

If I had multiple rank 4 five stars I could 100 percent uncollected.

Practice folks
  • Frivolousz21Frivolousz21 Posts: 438 ★★★
    UHJ69 wrote: »
    Back in August or September, I was struggling to just complete Master level, and didn't even bother trying to explore it. The past few months, I've 100% explored it. I have one stronger champ in those months (r4 5* Medusa) but the rest of my team has been the same 4* I was struggling with the previous months. Only difference is my skill has improved from practice and I take some time to figure out which champs will best deal with which nodes. I'm definitely not even close to end-game level (just beat the Collector two weeks ago for the first time), so I can't imagine any of them are actually struggling with Master.

Exactly the same for me.

I just got my first rank 4 five star a week ago.

Became uncollected 3 weeks ago.

The occult labs really helped me.
  • Back in my day, master was for end game players. So I'm not complaining when the final boss knocks out 1 champion of mine because master is a lot easier now than what it used to be.
  • OnlyOneAboveAllOnlyOneAboveAll Posts: 387 ★★
    I take on master pretty easily. And usually uncollected up to the final boss sometimes can be a pain so i struggle sometimes. Not every month but there have been a few that kick me in the face. I've never attempted LOL or Varient. One day when i can stack that many units maybe. Or get a big paycheck lol. Not all of us have cash like that on hand or the time required to grind for that many units.
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    Urkel2 wrote: »
    They seem to make it harder every month and it honestly doesnt feel worth it to a mid tier player. If i am lucky enough to have the items to clear it once "which i havent in 3 months" i get a 3 star and some shards that wont even help me clear the next months event since it will be harder than the last and even alot of end game players are struggling with master now.. So basically it seems my only option is to only do heroic "which isnt worth it either but there us nothing better to do" and i will finish in a day as always leaving me nothing to do for a whole month since act 4 is explored.. A little difficulty us to be expected but its gotten out of hand here lately.. The only events worth doing arent doable and arent worth the items lost

On the subject of endgame players struggling with master level... I just did 2 runs vs master Diablo. 6 hits to take him out both times lol. 6 hits. For all the people saying master is harder or close to uncollected it took 6 hits. 6. Six lol.
  • BLEEDlNG_DGEBLEEDlNG_DGE Posts: 324 ★★
    ẞlооd wrote: »
    Well my account's probably around a year old and I'm still running 4*s with a R3 5* Sabretooth. With that in mind, I explore master every month, just beat the Collector last month, and I did a completion of uncollected.

And I don't believe the whole "You need this ONE counter bs." I can't recall a single time that was necessary the past few months.. It really just comes down to skill. You have to accept that this is a skill based game.

Really? Please take Miles Morales and go fight Diablo in Master (Uncollected, in my case). Tell me how that goes.
  • SirmacoolSirmacool Posts: 389 ★★
    I’m a little above average. Master has been a real pain the last 6 months. This month was pretty easy raced through master. Zero potions. Didn’t even clear the last two months.
  • Iron_spider1Iron_spider1 Posts: 257
    I don’t mind it being harder(not that I’m saying it’s hard) if master could have extra 1000-1500 5* shards
  • Labais55Labais55 Posts: 40
    This month EQ, way esyer(no lags) bit triky was whit redhulk, died whit one champ. Then finished it whit corvus.(had 2 charges) diablo was esy af. Kiled whit domina. For modok used mascare baisicly kiled it whit hiting in block and parry+2hits repete
    Team all 4* r4 and domina r5. Darklag master was BS bcoz nothing to do whit skills. Baiscly freez die go in next and hope that finaly can dash back a bit while lags finish. Intresting is that it dont lags anymore when i face it any other place just last EQ was bs...
  • Primmer79Primmer79 Posts: 2,968 ★★★★
    Well my account's probably around a year old and I'm still running 4*s with a R3 5* Sabretooth. With that in mind, I explore master every month, just beat the Collector last month, and I did a completion of uncollected.

And I don't believe the whole "You need this ONE counter bs." I can't recall a single time that was necessary the past few months.. It really just comes down to skill. You have to accept that this is a skill based game.

Really? Please take Miles Morales and go fight Diablo in Master (Uncollected, in my case). Tell me how that goes.

Saying you need this ONE counter is different than saying EVERY champ works.
  • crogscrogs Posts: 764 ★★★
    I've always been able to completexolore master, complete u collected and once in a while explore uncollected. Last month was the first I completed master and said FU to exploring. I just wasn't getting Darkwing down and got tired of using up my pots for how mediocre the rewards would have been. I usually autofight my way through heroic first but will sometimes use lesser champs for boss fights to at least make them entertaining.

But if the trend is to increase the difficulty of something I've been able to do somewhat easily for the most part, then I'm confused. I thought that's what harder content like epic was for. That there were baselines for each difficulty. Raising the baseline just makes no sense.

Granted there are always complaints because people don't want to learn how to fight someone and expect to steamroll everything. But when attempts to learn manage to be relatively fruitless for content you've normally been able to finish, then it's an issue.
  • crogscrogs Posts: 764 ★★★
    I have a very simple solution. Keep the crazy nodes off of Master. Only on uncollected. That would make it fair for everyone.

Some crazy nodes are fine. They should be toned down a bit compared to epic though. It seems like it's trending to similar nodes and just a big PI jump which doesn't make sense. But they never make sense so why should we expect any different?
  • ICE_ICE_BABYICE_ICE_BABY Posts: 218
    i still due normal mode, is it worth it?
    for me? - no - but i still due it cuz i i have nothing else to due, honestly.

• StewmanStewman Posts: 735 ★★★
    I am amused at what some folks consider is an "end game player"
  • LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★
    Practicing does NOT help since you are not practicing against the nodes you are coming across. I use to use ROL to practice but that is pointless now since it does not compare to the nodes. For ex. This months 2 boss is MODOK on a node that will build up buffs when you hit him blocking. After 5 nodes, you lose 25% health. He autoblocks so what is the point. You are going to lose 25% health regardless of your skill level. Period. One ex of many......

Practicing DOES help, because the biggest problem most of you have is not paying attention to the events that are happening, such as someone evading, or going unstopable mid combo.
  • LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★

But now youre moving the goal posts. You need better champs, or to learn how to use th champs ou have better. You dont need this <ONE> counter you needs one of these <10> counter. For instance to beat modok in UC you need any champ that can remove armor buffs, just a short list is hood, CG, medusa.
  • Urkel2Urkel2 Posts: 371 ★★
    They seem to make it harder every month and it honestly doesnt feel worth it to a mid tier player. If i am lucky enough to have the items to clear it once "which i havent in 3 months" i get a 3 star and some shards that wont even help me clear the next months event since it will be harder than the last and even alot of end game players are struggling with master now.. So basically it seems my only option is to only do heroic "which isnt worth it either but there us nothing better to do" and i will finish in a day as always leaving me nothing to do for a whole month since act 4 is explored.. A little difficulty us to be expected but its gotten out of hand here lately.. The only events worth doing arent doable and arent worth the items lost

On the subject of endgame players struggling with master level... I just did 2 runs vs master Diablo. 6 hits to take him out both times lol. 6 hits. For all the people saying master is harder or close to uncollected it took 6 hits. 6. Six lol.

But im sure you have a roster full of the correct champs most likely high ranked 5 stars as well.. for the event and im sure those champs are max signiture... We cant earn those kind of things Because master is where they are earned.. If kabam gave us the means to earn things like that consistently maybe it wouldnt be so hard.. Its easy to say its not so bad when you always have exactly what you need whenever you need it.. All you folks with stacked rosters probably dont have a hard time.. Thats why they made uncollected for you also id like to see video eveidence if you doing it in 6 hits bacause that just sounds made up imo
  • ButtehrsButtehrs Posts: 4,756 ★★★★★
    I am by no means an end game player. But I am probably a little above average I have 100% master ever since its inception and at least completed uncollected one time through ever since guillotine was the final boss. All of a sudden these last 2 to 3 eqs I cant even finish master once because of either some bull node interaction or lag or some other problem? Kabam needs to get their stuff together or figure out what THEY are doing wrong because its definitely not me.
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★

But im sure you have a roster full of the correct champs most likely high ranked 5 stars as well.. for the event and im sure those champs are max signiture... We cant earn those kind of things Because master is where they are earned.. If kabam gave us the means to earn things like that consistently maybe it wouldnt be so hard.. Its easy to say its not so bad when you always have exactly what you need whenever you need it.. All you folks with stacked rosters probably dont have a hard time.. Thats why they made uncollected for you also id like to see video eveidence if you doing it in 6 hits bacause that just sounds made up imo

I didn't make a video but I can next time I run it. It's not made up. It was three Domino heavy hits. I do have a decent roster though far from always having the "correct" champ. As for needing to beat master in order to get what you need to beat it, everyone hits a wall at some point. Keep at it and you'll overcome it. Especially if you are in an active alliance and push the hardest level of AQ you can. But the point was really just for people that have been saying that master keeps getting closer and closer to uncollected and that even end game players are struggling with it.
  • Mrwarren96Mrwarren96 Posts: 424 ★★
    Its pretty simple stop moaning and get good..
  • To be frank I explore UC firstly, then I explore master and heroic. It's free shards, they add up nicely.
  • Kushstar420Kushstar420 Posts: 192
    short answer - it is
  • RagamugginGunnerRagamugginGunner Posts: 2,210 ★★★★★
    Primmer79 wrote: »
    I can't tell you an end game player that struggles with master...

Only way to get better and able to keep going is to practice. If heroic is done immediately you have two options. To stop spending on refills, and take your time through the month, or keep entering master and retrying the fights. It costs nothing to try the first few fights every day, let energy recharge, and try again tomorrow. Only way to get better

Tons of end game players who have completed act 5 struggle with it.. My alliance has quite a few of them..there are also alot of end game players in global with the same problem.. If you dont have a certain champ maxed you usually have a really hard time.. And all these events give energy refills you dont have to buy them anymore..i just feel mid game players are stuck between doing nothing at all or spending alot of time on things i can get in the other parts of the game easier and faster without item use

End game players don't struggle with the monthly EQ. People who itemed through Act 5 do. Those are two wildly different types of players.
  • fu2_10fu2_10 Posts: 58

Dude, there is no limber on that node... all you have to do is parry him and heavy over and over again until he dies. Like, are you serious right now?
  • RiderofHellRiderofHell Posts: 4,394 ★★★★★
    When UC was introduced they said they tone down master a bit which they did and everything was fine but recently they started making both bosses on UC and Master having the same nodes when in fact master bosses always were 1 node short of UC.

In a way they increased difficulity for bosses on master without telling us.
  • Blax4everBlax4ever Posts: 683 ★★★
    I’m sure things would be more enjoyable for everyone if their was a way to practice but their isn’t, your option is to improve your game play and learning how the AI works. It takes a lot of time, and you’re right I am seeing some end game players struggle in fights now when the past they would just blow through the content.
  • scxoxoscxoxo Posts: 109
    funnily enough last month’s master mode was my first time being able to complete master, i used only 4/40s and no revives, only a few potions which were useless anyway... and my team rating was way below the recommended. maybe it was luck, i don’t know, but i’ve been slowly working my way up to completing master. i don’t consider myself a particularly skilled player, i found the nodes a bit frustrating but since only the bosses were buffed it was much easier than i expected...
  • StrStr Posts: 547 ★★
    Master is doable nornally with 4/40 4* champs. Some poeople do the 3* master mode challenge. But i admit you have to have a lot of different skills that you tend to develop end game.

Its no longer about parrying its about intercepting, baiting, evading and knowing how to play around the different abilities.

I suggest watching you tube videos, practise on easy difficulties so you can nail every evade and intercept. The content can be tough but honestly most of the damage is now avoidable as long as you have a wide roster of utility.

Its now easier than ever to get r4 champs and 5* shards. I suggest you do more of the story to become uncollected as soon as possible so you can get all the resources to rank up a few heavy hitters. The jump from master to uncollected is pretty big though and even though that is the case i do feel they need much better rewards for the energy invested.