Champion Spotlight - Thing

Comments

• V1PER1987V1PER1987 Posts: 2,646
    crogs wrote: »
    Eh. Ms Marvel contradicts that.

I don’t really know that much about her but doesn’t she have “alien” (Kree) DNA? If so, then no it doesn’t really contradict that because that’s where her powers originate from. I could be wrong though. Like I said I’m not a fan of her.
  • @Kabam Vydious Looking for some clarification, does the 3* version of The Thing have the same synergies in the cases of "The Brave and the Boulder" and "Passive Aggressive" as the 4 and 5* versions?

Asking this since these synergies are currently not displayed in game and I don't want to miss out on future synergies by not grinding for the 4*.
  • DucerinoDucerino Posts: 1
    Headroller wrote: »
    His attack can’t be the same as hulk, come on devs what were ya thinking!?!

Totally agree! Hulk needs a boost imo
  • V1PER1987V1PER1987 Posts: 2,646
    V1PER1987 wrote: »
    V1PER1987 wrote: »
    Ordalca wrote: »
    If I'm reading this correctly, it looks like he goes unstoppable when he's hit when he already has 15, but loses them all when he uses a special at 15 or more. So the goal is to stop on exactly 15 and wait for him to throw his special?

Also, why is the "the Opponent would deal 300% or more of their Attack Rating with a Basic Attack, or 300% or more of their Attack Rating with a Special Attack Hit" separated like that? Is it just to specify that multi-hit specials can deal over 300% so long as it is spread over multiple hits?

Yes, 15 Rock Stacks is the sweet spot. If you hit him when he's at 14 stacks, he'll go to 15 but not be Unstoppable. If you then hit him when he's at 15, he'll go Unstoppable and go to 16.

And what to do when he is at 15 charges and no power to do a special attack?
    On scenarios with power manipulation (either a champ ability or a node), combined with stun immune, what can be done to avoid getting hit? We know exactly when he will trigger the unstoppable, but no way to avoid the damage

I guess you have to hit his block to give him power. He will gain rock stacks when he blocks, but not go unstoppable because he is not “hit.”

He gains 1 rock stack when being struck. But he also gains 1 rock stack when blocking a hit.

Right, he will gain rock stacks, but now read the unstoppable mechanic again. I don’t think he is technically “hit” if he blocks the hit.

If he goes over 15 stacks he immediately becomes unstoppable. So if he has 15 rock stacks and you hit his block, he gains another one pushing him to 16 and making him unstoppable. That’s how I read it. Kabam is pretty confusing and inconsistent with their terminology but “when attacked” means when you throw a punch and it touches them whether blocked or not. “When struck” means they’re hit without blocking.

I am not so sure that is right. The unstoppable mechanic requires him to be “Hit” to trigger, in addition to being over 15 stacks. I think in the lingo of the game, “Hit” and “Block” are different. But maybe you’re right.

Can moderator confirm whether hitting his block at 15 stacks is a viable way to get him to a power bar (I.e. does not trigger unstoppable)

Ok I have to admit I was wrong, it seems you are correct. I just fought Thing. I got him to exactly 15 rock stacks and waited for him to block. I hit his block 4 times taking him to 19 rock stacks and his unstoppable did not trigger. So if he’s at 15 rock stacks, it is safe to hit into his block to try and get him to a bar of power.
  • CobraCobra Posts: 88
    So 3 or 2 rocks are removed by bleed? You wrote both numbers in this spotlight.
  • @Kabam Vydious Looking for some clarification, does the 3* version of The Thing have the same synergies in the cases of "The Brave and the Boulder" and "Passive Aggressive" as the 4 and 5* versions?

Asking this since these synergies are currently not displayed in game and I don't want to miss out on future synergies by not grinding for the 4*.

The Brave and the Boulder is available for 2-Stars and up, while Passive Aggressive is 3-Stars and up.

The Brave and the Boulder is available for 2-Stars and up, while Passive Aggressive is 3-Stars and up.

Thank you very much for the info :)
  • wait so this means the rest of the fantastic four are coming right?
  • SnizzbarSnizzbar Posts: 902
    edited January 10
    I'm a big fan of the Fantastic4 and from the first days of playing this game I was waiting excitingly for them to be added to the roster.

What a dissapointment!

Loading cover art - beautiful!

Playable character - just a LAZY ARTWORK!

No shades, no curves or edges. Nothing that looks like a rock. Even the belt is copy/paste from Aegon, The Champion, Hyperion, etc.

To me he looks more like bread than rock. Or a Macy's parade balloon.
    The skin textures are awful.
  • Zuko_ILCZuko_ILC Posts: 736
    Eh hes actually pretty weak even when duped....should've passed
  • Mitchell35Mitchell35 Posts: 1,533
    oad8at0cbgz3.jpeg

They’re hyping up f4 way to much lol. Setting themselves up for another sentry situation.
  • INTEGRALINTEGRAL Posts: 597
    My eyes bleed while I was watching COW's gameplay. Such a bad champ with pillow hands. Horrible
  • RotellyRotelly Posts: 216
    how will his rock stacks interact with bleed when on debuff immune nodes?
  • Zuko_ILCZuko_ILC Posts: 736
    Rotelly wrote: »

I'm sure they don't know yet as they've probably never tested it
  • djr17djr17 Posts: 320
    Rotelly wrote: »
    PaytoPlay wrote: »

How will bleed immune AW AQ nodes affect the thing? Will bleed make it to the thing and remove Rock stack or will the node just remove the bleed effect, meaning all the thing will see is a normal non bleed attack ?

If Thing gains additional immunity to Bleed through a node, his Rock Stacks will still function as normal and be removed when the Bleed would trigger.

From pg 2 of this very thread.
  • MCOC Team wrote: »

*** Developer Note: The ability Thing gains at 20 Rock Stacks improves all his Fury effects, including the Fury he gains at 15 Rock Stacks, all of the passive Fury he’s gained so far from removing Rock Stacks, and any new Fury gained from removing Rock Stacks while the ability is active.

He seems like a fun champ, but completely horrible to fight againsted when the AI is passive as hell and just refuses to throw out any specials, I've beaten him in master and uncollected, and uncollected is SOO much easier since he actually uses his special attacks unlike in master, that's honestly my only problem with the guy, if he just plain refuses to use any special attacks, especially in this EQ, you're screwed. Even with bleed champs as they can only take away 3 rock stacks every 2 seconds, but he gains massive power gains in return meaning you're annihilated with an SP3.

Overall I think The Thing is great, I just personally think they need to change the unstoppable mechanic to take away MORE of his rock stacks,just taking away 3 is pointless, might as well just let him keep all of them
  • Hey there everyone, there was a small typo here that we wanted to correct. The max PI of a 5-Star Thing was originally listed as 10,620 when it should be 10,600. Apologies for any confusion here; we have gone ahead and fixed this at the top of this thread.
  • HulksmasshhHulksmasshh Posts: 688
    Hey there everyone, there was a small typo here that we wanted to correct. The max PI of a 5-Star Thing was originally listed as 10,620 when it should be 10,600. Apologies for any confusion here; we have gone ahead and fixed this at the top of this thread.

20 points isn’t that much but them fightin words lowering a champ prestige after release lol
  • RiderofHellRiderofHell Posts: 717
    Will you guys tone him down a bit, its annoying when he corners me and i cant get out of the situation not to mention parry doesnt work often
  • TacoScottyTacoScotty Posts: 319
    Feel Thing signature was also built to interact well with Flares nodes as he may constantly go into reduced damage mode negating the increased attack while you are stuck with degen (and starburst in AW). I am sure we will see him soon in Flare by Kabam (Act vi)
  • Oakcrew4Oakcrew4 Posts: 1
    Is The Thing immune to spirit venom?
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 1,594
    Oakcrew4 wrote: »
    Is The Thing immune to spirit venom?

Effectively, yes. He's not immune to poison itself; but spirit venom is generated by nullifying buffs, which he's immune to.

Presumably he's therefore equally immune to DV's power burn, as DV can apply Loa, but not remove them. Mordo may have less of a disadvantage as he can use degenerate, can use Soul Barb and can (to a point) block Unblockable Special attacks. Still, on the whole: not a good champ to take your mystics against!
  • Jh_DezJh_Dez Posts: 802
    TacoScotty wrote: »
    Feel Thing signature was also built to interact well with Flares nodes as he may constantly go into reduced damage mode negating the increased attack while you are stuck with degen (and starburst in AW). I am sure we will see him soon in Flare by Kabam (Act vi)

Flare pfft what about the health steal-degeneration node that heals you based on the damage you deal ?
  • Hey @Kabam Miike I had 460,000 in the revoltin development for the three star Thing. After it was over I didn’t receive any rank awards at all. When I go to see the leaderboards it shows the 460,000 but just loads forever. It never loads. Please respond.
  • nebneb Posts: 407
    edited January 13
    I just tested it, buffet is still triggering. Is this a bug or were we misled on page 2 of this thread? A mod clearly states his nullify immunity will prevent buffet from triggering.
  • neb wrote: »
    I just tested it, buffet is still triggering. Is this a bug or were we misled on page 2 of this thread? A mod clearly states his nullify immunity will prevent buffet from triggering.

Hey @neb!

Can you possibly make a new thread about this issue and attach a video if possible? Thank you in advance. :)