**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

T4 basic arena is a joke, how is this fair Kabam?????

2»

Comments

• phil56201phil56201 Posts: 953 ★★★
    Sandbag matches 10-15 by using a unranked 1* champion. I do 2x 4*r4 for match 10, 2x 4*r3 for match 11, and 2x 3*r4 for 13-15, using the unranked 1* as my 3rd champ in all those matches.
  • phr3akphr3ak Posts: 10
    edited January 2019
    I use 1-8 any
    9-12 R3 4*
    13-17 R5 4*
    18-21 R4 4* (run out of R5 4* at this point)
    Than all my 5*s and keep my teams above 10K after that.
    Pretty much how I run all arenas
  • DemitriMDemitriM Posts: 303 ★★
    is this your first ever arena entry?
    did you start playing the game yesterday

a level 60 who hasnt the slightest about how arena works...glad not to be you :)
  • Urkel2Urkel2 Posts: 371 ★★
    Blaker78 wrote: »
    i dont know if there is a pattern anymore that doesnt throw these high PI matches around.

I do
    matches 1-8 Any champs
    Matches 9-12 4* R3, 4* R3, 4* R1
    matches 12-17 4* R5 or 5* R3

but I still get from matches 12 13 14 and maybe 15 these high Pi fights, after that they drop below my teams Pi level.

I think before december I used the above pattern and never got a Pi fight in the 30k range. Usually the hardest would be 21K or 22K

You have to have a ton of max 3 stars its not like they are useful outside arena tho
  • phillgreenphillgreen Posts: 3,645 ★★★★★
    edited January 2019
    The only time im annoyed blowing the streak is when Im using my 5* since the best I have are at R2 and they are worth a bunch of points.

If I mess up any other time I just use maxed 3* until I hit 3X and just keep going.

I remember running it with less than a dozen 4* and using every darn champ in the roster to hit the 1.1m, somewhere around 120 rounds IIRC and getting no further than about streak 18 before biting it, now that is a slog.
  • DTMelodicMetalDTMelodicMetal Posts: 2,785 ★★★★★
    DemitriM wrote: »
    is this your first ever arena entry?
    did you start playing the game yesterday

a level 60 who hasnt the slightest about how arena works...glad not to be you :)

All arenas that allow players to use 5* champions became more difficult once T5BCs were added to the game. If someone took a break from MCOC before players starting having multiple 5/65 champs and then came back to MCOC the current state of arena would be unfamiliar. There are other situations I'd be glad not to be in over this thread's topic, like using T2AC to rank up a champion like Yondu.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,189 ★★★★★
    Sandbag until 15.
  • Scarlett_Scarlett_ Posts: 273
    Still seems doable
  • doctorbdoctorb Posts: 1,715 ★★★
    Another option I do is once winning streak up to bout 9-10, I play 2 5* and 1 1* to bring enemy score down. Once I reach winning streak 13 or more, it gets easier.
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    Sandbag until 15.

I haven't sandbagged in forever. It's a fine strategy but more rounds and fewer points so better if you don't have to. Not criticizing, it's absolutely the best way at a certain point but the minute you can do it without sandbagging you're better off.
  • phillgreenphillgreen Posts: 3,645 ★★★★★
    edited January 2019
    Ive never sandbagged in arenas but I do mix up the teams so I can cover most of the death squads. I would probably lose less than 10 fights all the way to the second milestone.

I dont lose my streak in T4B arena unless I'm drunk or mashing the screen while watching tv.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,189 ★★★★★
    Sandbag until 15.

I haven't sandbagged in forever. It's a fine strategy but more rounds and fewer points so better if you don't have to. Not criticizing, it's absolutely the best way at a certain point but the minute you can do it without sandbagging you're better off.

Just saying. OP seems to be having an issue with it, so that will bypass those Matches.
  • kepalahotakkokepalahotakko Posts: 54
    Whats the problem???? Deathmatches are fun!!!!
    sxt09qjwkjbn.jpg

• Midknight007Midknight007 Posts: 764 ★★★
    As more and more R5 5* there are in rosters, the arena will see much higher baselines in order to not pull a death squad. For that reason, I have been ranking all my 5* to r3 and up.

The issue in the screenshots of the OP is that they are within the Thanos and Kang Team matches of match 10-14.

I have found that running 1 r4 5* and 2 r3 5* helps prevent death squads. In the later matches (12-14) I run a R5 5* with one R4 5* and a R3 5*.
  • LoPrestiLoPresti Posts: 1,035 ★★★
    edited January 2019
    WÏCKED wrote: »
    Get my streak up how the **** you supposed too with matches like that? Not every one in this game has rank 5 5*. I only have 1 rank 4 5*

Use your 2 strongest champs together with you weakest champ, the matchmaking is based on the total rating of your champions. So you just take the fall for 1 champion and win the other 2 to advance.
    TBH, this is the best place to get good at the game in a pretty no lose situation. Fighting through deathmatches is where many have honed their skills.

This is bs, because death matches usually only go for SP3. The odds are heavily favored against you to win these matches unless you get insanely lucky or are using some form of power control champ.
  • zuffyzuffy Posts: 2,108 ★★★★★
    You can just use 4* r3 from streak 1-15. Around streak 10-15, you will get matchup in the 5-6k pi range which are doable. Then you can mix a 4* r5 with 2 4* r4 or 5* r3 and 2 5* r2 for streak 16-20. Streak 20+, you can using one 4* r5 or 5* r3 with 2 4* r3 or 5* r1
  • zuffyzuffy Posts: 2,108 ★★★★★
    Also, my son’s account which is now my second account has a limited roster. I was able to do the full 2 mil in streak 52. Now He has 26 5*, it can be done in streak 34.
  • SDPSDP Posts: 1,622 ★★★★
    I never sandbag. You can win every matchup.
  • When following Streak Guides, make sure you know whether they are saying “MATCH #” (1-based, with last Thanos/Kang being at match 15), or “WIN STREAK #” (0-based, last T/K being when you are at streak=14). I prefer referencing them as Streak # based since that is the number visibly on screen when you are selecting each team.

And in general, these are suggesting using “unbalanced” teams for the last 5 to 7 matches thru Streak 14 to make things easier and faster (unless you have teams of 5* r4 you can use during those final ones). And using lower unbalanced teams (4*3/30, 4*3/30, with 1 unranked 4*1/1) is often easier than unbalanced with two higher 5/50’s and a 1/1 because opponent matchup for your 3/30’s will be from a larger potential pool of heroes (common 4/40's and 5/50’s) instead of just those god-tier ones that you encounter as a person's best team (like their 5*r4’s). Unbalanced teams lower the overall rating of opponent team, letting you win the 2 planned fights, while knowing the 3rd fight is a throwaway near-impossible one you will lose, but you only need to win 2 of the 3 to keep Streak.

Once you hit Streak=15 you go back to winning all of the 3 fights, and you can gradually lower the overall team rating as you go from Streak 15 down to 20-ish. After that (depending which arena it is), you’ll need to maintain teams of a certain strength (like avoiding an all 3/30 team, even one 4/40 with two 3/30’s could trigger a death match again depending on how strong those particular heroes are).
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,280 ★★★★★
    As more and more R5 5* there are in rosters, the arena will see much higher baselines in order to not pull a death squad. For that reason, I have been ranking all my 5* to r3 and up.

The issue in the screenshots of the OP is that they are within the Thanos and Kang Team matches of match 10-14.

I have found that running 1 r4 5* and 2 r3 5* helps prevent death squads. In the later matches (12-14) I run a R5 5* with one R4 5* and a R3 5*.

I have 0 r5 5* and using that method with my 5* champs I could do 1 match and I’d be out of r4 and r3 5*. This game is no longer playable for the people without rank 5 5* and Kabam makes it freaking impossible for people that don’t spend or are in a low tier alli to get them. I mean in the alli I’m in it takes around 3 weeks to get a 5* crystal and when I do it’s always a garbage champ here’s my last 10 5* pulls.ub4o15jqwsyq.png

With respect, neither Winter Soldier nor the Hood is a garbage champ. Gambit and Venompool aren't actually too bad either; and are at least fun to play with (unlike your Magneto, Miles, Ant-Man).

There are plenty of people giving you advice advice how to get to infinite streak; like I said previously, you can get there with your three star champs, and then stay there with 4-stars. You don't need five star champs of any rank at all.

This game is supposed to be fun. I hope you start enjoying it a bit more. My recommendation: play your own game, your way; and ignore the top tier.
  • ThebgjThebgj Posts: 635 ★★
    It all depends on your roster and ranks of them. I’ve seen several “streak patterns” and they either don’t work for me or are not what I want to do. Again...this is very specific to me (maybe)..

I only use 5*’s from beginning to end.

I start at the bottom of my 5* roster a few rank 1’s but mostly rank 2’s from streak 1-10

Then I use my top 5*’s -
    3 rank 4’s and 2 rank 4’s with a rank 3 for streak 11-12

13-14 I use 2 teams of rank 3.

Wait for a full refresh and then start with the top champs and work my way down only using 4K and up rated champs

• fiermanmuchfiermanmuch Posts: 33
    edited January 2019
    That was match 13 here’s match 14920cfey733g7.png

I give you the trick

Fight 1-9 use anything
    Fight 10-15 use 2x maxed 4* (or 5*rank 3) + 1 super low rating champ ex: 4*r1/3*/2*/1*
    Fight 16-20 3x 4*max/5*r3
    Fight 21-unlimited use minimum a 3x 4*r4 / 5*r2 Or.. 1x4*max/5*r3 + 2x 4*r3/5*r1

Its piece of cake... 1/2 day to get all reward
  • DragonfeiDragonfei Posts: 260 ★★
    @WÏCKED

Dragonfei's Arena Streak Method (Applies for 5* Featured, 4* Featured, 4* Basic, Alpha, T4B)

Matches 1-10: 4* 3/30
    Matches 11-15: 4* 5/50 or 5* 4/55 or higher
    Matches 16-21: 4* 4/40 or 5* 3/45 or higher
    Matches 22+: Team of PI over 12k

This is what I pass around on Line whenever someone asks me about arena streaks and how to hit them. The threshold for matches 22+ have continued to increase with the introductions of more R5's, but so far, this number seems to hold out. Right now, I would make sure you are not using 3/30 or 1/25 without a 4/40 or 2/35 (at minimum) in the mix.

Even with this combination, you are likely to get a death match somewhere in the 11-15 range, and it's very unlikely that you will go an entire streak without at least running into one or two death matches. The best thing you can do is set it up so you are at least taking some of your best fighters into said death matches. (Which is why I flag fights 11-15 specifically as using 5/50 or higher.)

You can do sandbagging, you can do other methods, they all work in some capacity and it comes down to what works for you as a fighter, and for your roster. This method is one of the few that I have found works 100% of the time for all of the above listed arenas and why I tend to pass it around so much.

Good luck to you and your grinding!