**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Can someone in leymans terms explain to me how to beat this Master Red Hulk?

I am stuck.. I have a 3* sig 95 Void, and a 4*r2 sig 60 modok.

I have not been able to reverse any healing with either of them. I don’t have the despair mastery enabled.. does that need to be enabled to reverse the healing?
I have been trying to just wait for the healing to skyrocket and then hit him with a MODOK L1, but I am getting killed through block damage through parrying. Dancing isn’t enough because even though he has a “Defensive” node, he is still very aggressive and dances me into a corner where I am trying to Dex and fight my way out. Any tips would be much appreciated!

Thanks in advance

Comments

• TheSquish671TheSquish671 Posts: 2,880 ★★★★★
    edited January 2019
    Void with fear of the void and 1 petrify can reverse healing without despair.

After you dodge rhulk's medium, he'll dash back and block, then go and 4 hit combo into his block, dash back and repeat, that should make sure you don't get backed into the wall.

If you're using void, don't hit him at all, as every hit increases his attack=increased block damage. When using modok you have no choice but to hit him a bit, to get to 1 bar of power for reverse heal

Edit: i haven't done master yet, don't know if it has counter tactics/spiked armor. If so ignore the last paragraph
  • XxOriginalxXXxOriginalxX Posts: 1,324 ★★★
    Pray
  • Helicopter_dugdugdugHelicopter_dugdugdug Posts: 555 ★★★
    Why not open despair? Its great and gives acess to open wounds and assassin masteries both of which are great on their own
  • KickNatherinaKickNatherina Posts: 157
    Why not open despair? Its great and gives acess to open wounds and assassin masteries both of which are great on their own

Lack of units right now. Have around 350 units and need around 1000 to open despair up. I’m going to eventually, but I spent a lot of units during gifting and am trying to rebuild the stash
  • hydrogohardhydrogohard Posts: 218 ★★
    blade danger sense did it for me
  • simolazsimolaz Posts: 418 ★★
    blade danger sense did it for me

Same here
  • King_L0kiB34rKing_L0kiB34r Posts: 208
    Hey man, if you are trying to use Void you need to have Despair otherwise it won't work. For Modok here is a breakdown of how to get it to work. You will need to dodge... a lot.

https://youtu.be/2JuXdWF_oLM
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,193 ★★★★★
    I used Quake for Master. Build Charges as usual, keep a distance and stay out of his way.
  • Ezra7676Ezra7676 Posts: 670 ★★
    edited January 2019
    Anyone try Wasp?

Or GP?
    Just tried 1st time. Quake was useless. Maybe void if I could dodge for 20 minutes
  • Woody141082Woody141082 Posts: 223 ★★
    Cap IW needs to be fairly high sig. You need a cosmic, tech and science champ on your team and r3 in despair.
    I've tried it with r1 in despair and 80 sig 4* r5 Cap IW and won't work for me. I'm not about to drop 1k units to get it to r3 neither unless I pull a 5* or 6* void sometime soon
  • Woody141082Woody141082 Posts: 223 ★★
    I've literally had to do it the hard way and got 1 path left, but he's cost me about 200 units.
  • dot_dittodot_ditto Posts: 1,442 ★★★★
    Love these event quests which require you to have such a specific team comp to overcome .. *sigh* smh ..

Might make some sense on uncollected, but not on the lower levels ... *shrug*
    700 units out of my stash and no success. Back to act 5 for me. I'll get recoil for Ghost before I buy 2 more pts. in despair.
  • phillgreenphillgreen Posts: 3,645 ★★★★★
    I tried Quake, no dice. the regen counter ends up too high and he just heals the aftershock damage back.

Tried a 4/40 void, didnt last long enough. I really need to learn to play this guy properly.

I did it with a 5/50 duped hulk and a few 20% revives, I got lucky with stuns which makes a big dent in his health.