**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

AW boosts — missing

It’s been weeks since advanced power boost and invulnerability boosts appeared at loyalty store. No way this is simply RNG.

Comments

• RunamokUSARunamokUSA Posts: 369 ★★★
    I keep checking and have noticed the same thing
  • DTMelodicMetalDTMelodicMetal Posts: 2,785 ★★★★★
    Terrible timing (RNG) with the one-week offseason
  • Animejay70Animejay70 Posts: 400 ★★★
    Terrible timing (RNG) with the one-week offseason

or perfect timing for Kabam...
  • JakearoundJakearound Posts: 407 ★★★
    They’ve been showing up less and less frequently. My guess is they want you to purchase the AW boost crystals and just pots and revives in general. They need to boost the pots and revives. The level 1 team revive is absolutely useless with the item cap at 15. The way AW is now especially at the top tiers from what I hear is you have to boost up like crazy to finish.
  • Maximus_SpankersonMaximus_Spankerson Posts: 445 ★★
    Still no grey boosts....
  • djr17djr17 Posts: 648 ★★★
    edited January 2019
    While not in this particular thread, there have been many other created on this topic with such conspiracy theories as:
    -kabaam needs to increase spending, so is keeping the boosts out of the store.
    -players just received the refund from the Mystic dispersion change, and therefore something something Kabaam,
    -RNG isn't true rng, kabaam has their thumb on the scale keeping them out.
    But somehow explaining over and over what random actually is makes you a kabaam apologist.

Edit: GD forum lag.
  • AxeCopFireAxeCopFire Posts: 1,115 ★★★
    edited January 2019
    Oh man I love these threads. They are basically the equivalent of someone posting a sign up sheet with the heading: "Who is bad at Math, Logical Reasoning, Critical Thinking, Reading Comprehension and has trust issues? Sign up here by agreeing with me below!"
  • SarcasticTaurusSarcasticTaurus Posts: 446 ★★★
    Totally random guys.

Move along,.... move along ...... :D:D:D
  • DTMelodicMetalDTMelodicMetal Posts: 2,785 ★★★★★
    @DNA3000 You're understanding of probability is solid, do you think the community has enough information to have an accurate grasp on the odds of a RNG algorithm going from generating a 3+ months long timeframe of the advanced power boost being available in the loyalty store during the same 24 hours each week to not being available at all for over a month?
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,558 Guardian
    @DNA3000 You're understanding of probability is solid, do you think the community has enough information to have an accurate grasp on the odds of a RNG algorithm going from generating a 3+ months long timeframe of the advanced power boost being available in the loyalty store during the same 24 hours each week to not being available at all for over a month?

I haven't kept track deliberately, but I've noticed the grey boost going MIA myself, and it seems to have been a longer gap than random chance would suggest was likely.

I've noticed that one bug that probably looks like a set of different bugs to most players keeps coming up and could be responsible for this and other similar problems. The game (like most games like this) uses multiple indirection indexed lists to keep track of things. In other words, what the game "engine" "handles" are generally pointers to the actual things we "see." When someone (developer) makes a mistake, a typo or other kind of error, things can "dangle" in unusual ways. That period of time a few months ago when we were seeing MS_ID_XXX messages on screen instead of the normal combat spam is a kind of pointer indirection error: we are seeing handles that point to things that don't exist, so the game defaults to showing the handle.

If the game is using some kind of random algorithm to determine which boosts to sell, or even just a non-random cyclical one, if someone made a typo in a part of that data, the game might just be skipping over the errant data and putting the next item up for sale, or something like that. I suspect this is the cause for lots of "missing things" bugs. When players see a champ missing from a crystal and think the developers forgot to put them there, I tend to think it is more likely the developer put 5_star_Captian_Marvel in there instead of 5_star_Captain_Marvel by mistake, and then when they went to double check it looked like it was there at a glance.

I dunno why games like this don't have a "compile time" error that gets thrown when they load content data with unreferenced labels (the programming equivalent of bad pointers). But most seem not to.
  • Batman05Batman05 Posts: 351 ★★
    They have checked the system twice and made sure they are still there. It’s just random
This discussion has been closed.