**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Voodoo interaction with The Thing [NOT A BUG]

arni2arni2 Posts: 362 ★★
edited January 2019 in Bugs and Known Issues
The Thing was released, a very interesting champion with super unique ability: Immune to nullify (don't know why tho).
Voodoo has the ability to nullify buffs and loas to poison or CONVERT to power drain
Let's try and distinguish between convert and nullify:
(https://playcontestofchampions.com/champion-spotlight-doctor-voodoo/)
t5kqj6710hha.png

I can understand that in sp1 scenario he nullify the loas and convert to poison, this won't work against The Thing, BUT on SP2 it's clearly written that he CONVERTS the loas to power burn buff. Unfortunately, this is not the case, When I trigger sp2 on even combo (awakened voodoo), I get Immune message and nothing happens.

If this is not a bug, it's a HUGE indirect nerf to voodoo, Champion who already bugged for over 2 years (with short dash back and sp2 chain issues).

@Kabam Miike @Kabam Zibiit @Kabam Lyra I appriciate if you can take this issue to developers and clarify it.

Thank you

Post edited by Kabam Miike on

Comments

• DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,864 ★★★★★
    Stop calling things a nerf. Its not a nerf. Its 1 champ interaction. Sick amd tired of people calling things a nerf when an ability isnt 100% understood yet.
  • Primmer79Primmer79 Posts: 2,968 ★★★★
    I'm pretty sure there is a thread that in order to CONVERT it has to be nullified. Its just a weird language issue with Kabam. Ill spend some time seeing if I can find it
    Primmer79 wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure there is a thread that in order to CONVERT it has to be nullified. Its just a weird language issue with Kabam. Ill spend some time seeing if I can find it

@Primmer79 I think it was during the MD changes time frame.
    Demonzfyre wrote: »

That would make sense. I found one thread talking about when the bug with Angela was fixed, but no mod confirmation

That would make sense. I found one thread talking about when the bug with Angela was fixed, but no mod confirmation

Try looking for threads with Medusa and MD. I remember there was a discussion on Voodoo and Medusa's fury's.
  • JRock808JRock808 Posts: 1,149 ★★★★
    The problem is wording... not uncommon.

To "convert" means to nullify and gain power burn buffs equal to the nullify, up to 3.
  • arni2arni2 Posts: 362 ★★
    Stop calling things a nerf. Its not a nerf. Its 1 champ interaction. Sick amd tired of people calling things a nerf when an ability isnt 100% understood yet.

No matter how you call it, they made voodoo not usable at all against him, this leaves only one champion who can beat him on AON node in AW and it's stark coz he can taunt specials.
    JRock808 wrote: »
    The problem is wording... not uncommon.

To "convert" means to nullify and gain power burn buffs equal to the nullify, up to 3.

Loas are buffs without any effect, The Thing shouldn't be immune to converting this buffs to powerburn, I do want to get a clarification about it from dev team
  • arni2 wrote: »
    No matter how you call it, they made voodoo not usable at all against him, this leaves only one champion who can beat him on AON node in AW and it's stark coz he can taunt specials.

So you're crying because you can't use your precious 5/65 Voodoo on AON if the Thing is on it. Seriously?
    there's plenty other champs that can beat him on AON (with an invul boost)
    edited January 2019
    arni2 wrote: »

So you're crying because you can't use your precious 5/65 Voodoo on AON if the Thing is on it. Seriously?
    there's plenty other champs that can beat him on AON (with an invul boost)

You missing the point and answering like a child (check the thing sp3...), I will ignore it and direct the my question to Kabam.

All I want is to get clarification regarding sp2 behavior that is really different from sp1 regarding loas
    @Kabam Miike @Kabam Lyra
    Any updates regarding this thread?
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,734 ★★★★★
    I think his special 2 is still a way to nullify loas on the enemy. If it really was a conversion, then it shouldn't trigger Mystic Dispersion (which was fixed to trigger, since I guess it counts as a nullify mechanic)
    Does another champions mechanics use the word convert? If we can draw parallels. Most people understand how converting works. You get rid of it, or, nullify it.
  • GamerGamer Posts: 10,035 ★★★★★
    @arni2 hawkeye is the key for him one aon in war dont say vodood is the only one
  • Hey there, Doctor Voodoo's SP2 is a Nullfiy, so Thing would be immune to it. We'll work to get the text there updated so that it is more obvious when read.

Also, in regards to your question about Champions with Taunt, Emma Frost and Night Thrasher also have access to Taunt.
    Hey there, Doctor Voodoo's SP2 is a Nullfiy, so Thing would be immune to it. We'll work to get the text there updated so that it is more obvious when read.

Also, in regards to your question about Champions with Taunt, Emma Frost and Night Thrasher also have access to Taunt.

Thank you for clarifying it, still sad that voodoo took such a hard hit on this
  • UppercutUppercut Posts: 158
    It’s sad for all mystic champs, not just voodoo. They all took a hit because he can’t be staggered or nullified. It’s a new trend where champions are immune to everything, have built in damage reduction and come with unblockable/unstoppable of some sort. They are designed to stop you in quests/wars etc.
  • NojokejaymNojokejaym Posts: 3,892 ★★★★★
    Uppercut wrote: »
    It’s sad for all mystic champs, not just voodoo. They all took a hit because he can’t be staggered or nullified. It’s a new trend where champions are immune to everything, have built in damage reduction and come with unblockable/unstoppable of some sort. They are designed to stop you in quests/wars etc.

This trend is getting ridiculous
  • Uppercut wrote: »

Thing is a Science Champ, and as such should be a counter to Mystic Champions and Mystic abilities. Most Science Champions don't gain Buffs, so they don't have to worry about Mystic Champions taking them away, but since Thing does, he also has a way to stop Mystics from Nullifying them.

Thing is a Science Champ, and as such should be a counter to Mystic Champions and Mystic abilities. Most Science Champions don't gain Buffs, so they don't have to worry about Mystic Champions taking them away, but since Thing does, he also has a way to stop Mystics from Nullifying them.

I appreciate your answer, but I also remember that you always talked about balance in the game. Making champion who fully nullify immune, even to buffs with no effects like loas it’s one of the biggest unbalanced things developers did.
    Loas, as buffs with no effect, should be free from nullify at least on power burn to keep some balance.

Migt won’t to luck how he gone wrek one node 40 no pover means only bleed can get him down and only barley
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,480 ★★★★★
    edited January 2019
    Potential Noob question here:

When Voodoo uses a Sp2 with loas on his opponent, since that is a “nullify” event, with MD in place that “nullify” event should result in additional power gain commensurate with the level of MD the Summoner has (assuming loas get converted by the Sp2 into power burn debuffs).

Correct?

If correct, can someone confirm that this actually happens?

Dr. Zola
    DrZola wrote: »
    Potential Noob question here:

When Voodoo uses a Sp2 with loas on his opponent, since that is a “nullify” event, with MD in place that “nullify” event should result in additional power gain commensurate with the level of MD the Summoner has (assuming loas get converted by the Sp2 into power burn debuffs).

Correct?

If correct, can someone confirm that this actually happens?

Dr. Zola

It dos works to.