**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

What's up with Mesmerizied?

Mesmerizied! Why? So there's a 7% chance that the attacker stuns for doing exactly what they're supposed to do; ATTACK. I think the game would be better without nodes that punish players for attacking. Because we absolutely have to attack, outside a few characters.

Comments

• SarcasticTaurusSarcasticTaurus Posts: 446 ★★★
    I remember back in my day when mesmerized showed its ugly face. We had 0 (ZERO) champs with True Strike.

Now there are options now.
  • JadedJaded Posts: 5,476 ★★★★★
    I remember back in my day when mesmerized showed its ugly face. We had 0 (ZERO) champs with True Strike.

Um we had more than 0 champs that could avoid mesmerized 😂
    Jaded wrote: »

Not me. :D:D But my memory is really bad then, because none of the champs who have true strike now, wasn't in the game 2 years ago.
  • LibertyPrimeV1LibertyPrimeV1 Posts: 4,179 ★★★★★

*Cough Cough* Agent Venom
    Though I do agree Mesmerize is kind of an old trick, I thought Kabam were trying to walk away from these earlier nodes that basically punished you for not having a specific champion/champions.

Yes, he has "enemy evasion reduction" not "true strike"
  • ShrimkinsShrimkins Posts: 1,479 ★★★★

Not me. :D:D But my memory is really bad then, because none of the champs who have true strike now, wasn't in the game 2 years ago.

Karnak had true strike but besides that, BW could completely bypass mesmerize by AAR.
    ... all of them came after is my point. Iceman, Karnak, AA, etc, etc.....

and yes, BW was the only option if maxed at the time. Pre 12.0 nerf
  • JadedJaded Posts: 5,476 ★★★★★
    ... all of them came after is my point. Iceman, Karnak, AA, etc, etc.....

and yes, BW was the only option if maxed at the time. Pre 12.0 nerf

Black widow and Elektra

Yes, he has "enemy evasion reduction" not "true strike"

Yeah but he was the next best thing, Evade Chance Reduction and Tenacity in case they did get a Stun off.
    Shrimkins wrote: »

Karnak had true strike but besides that, BW could completely bypass mesmerize by AAR.

True, Crossbones too.
  • OrdalcaOrdalca Posts: 543 ★★★
    edited January 2019
    Cable as well, technically. Rogue and Iceman beat it as well by coming out of the stun before the enemy can do anything.

On the other hand, it never triggers when they are stunned, so it's not that hard to play around with any champion, not just the specific counters.
    Oh can't forget Black Panther Civil War, also Mordu later on.
  • CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
    Uh you needed a specific champion back in the day? Could just use 5/5 limber and situational awareness.
  • ButtehrsButtehrs Posts: 4,679 ★★★★★
    What I have been doing to reduce the chance is only use 2 or 3 hit combos instead of 5. Happens way way less.
  • Kushstar420Kushstar420 Posts: 192
    use icey to shrug off that bs non sense node in trials
  • G0311G0311 Posts: 913 ★★★
    Buttehrs wrote: »
    What I have been doing to reduce the chance is only use 2 or 3 hit combos instead of 5. Happens way way less.

me to on top of that, i have 3 points petrify and hit only after parry stun
  • Timone147Timone147 Posts: 1,276 ★★★★
    Parry + heavy until parry + special can do wonders in this game
  • caligarelinquocaligarelinquo Posts: 218
    Mordo doesn't have to worry about Mesmerize
  • Shrimkins wrote: »

Shrimkins wrote: »

True strike didnt cut evasion back then..hitting while opponent is stunned works fine.what gets me is mezmerize is 70% instead of 7% chance in real life lol
  • Deadbyrd9Deadbyrd9 Posts: 3,469 ★★★★
    You can also just parry and attack while the defender is stunned. You will never get hit by mesmerize this way
  • ẞlооdẞlооd Posts: 2,005 ★★★★
    Deadbyrd9 wrote: »
    You can also just parry and attack while the defender is stunned. You will never get hit by mesmerize this way
    Yep, if you don't have a good champ for this just do this strategy. I like to parry then MLM and back off.
  • nebneb Posts: 453 ★★★
    I run max limber. Rogue doesnt get stunned at all when mesmerize procs.
  • Hammerbro_64Hammerbro_64 Posts: 7,463 ★★★★★
    It’s all in the masteries. Max parry stupefy and limber and you’re set. The duration of your parry covers for 3 hits, and on the off chance you attack when they aren’t stunned, and they evade, limber eats it up to amount to nothing (not really, but it’s no problem. Like 0.1 secs)
  • SupermanojSupermanoj Posts: 87
    Just use blade, take him to max power and don't use specials then anytime he gets stunned it'll be gone pretty much instantly
  • Lovejoy72Lovejoy72 Posts: 1,858 ★★★★
    I used Corvus with his true strike up, still got evaded and stunned. Not sure how that works
  • StarDarts_89StarDarts_89 Posts: 419 ★★
    edited January 2019
    GOOD GOD! JUST USE AN ANIT-EVADE CHAMPION! Kinda like...

Killmonger
    Heimdall
    Iceman
    Venom (against Spider-Verse Champs & champs with 18% or less HP)
    Corvus Glaive
    Karnak
    Archangel (Awakened)
    Crossbones
    Night Thrasher

Or, take advantage of the Agression Regeneration & reverse the healing, without landing a punch, by using...

Void (Awakened)
    Cap IW
    MODOK

Or, use a Champion nearly unaffected by Stun, including...

Mordo
    Medusa (Awakened at high Sig)
    Rouge (with max Limber mastery)

Or, last but not least... just do the “Parry, Double Medium” method. C’mon guys, use your heads. This game takes wits & strategy, like it or not. There are several counters to Mesmerize, & I probably didn’t even cover them all. This is by far the easiest day of the event, in my honest opinion.