**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

SPIDER-MAN: FAR FROM HOME TRAILER [Discussion Thread]

BlackJ4zzBlackJ4zz Posts: 244 ★★
edited January 2019 in General Discussion
https://youtu.be/DYYtuKyMtY8

EDIT: Hey Everybody, We're gonna make this thread the go to place to discuss the Trailer on the Forums. If you've got thoughts or want to discuss the Trailer, let's do it in here!
Post edited by Kabam Miike on

Comments

• BlackJ4zzBlackJ4zz Posts: 244 ★★
    Truly Stan Lee would be proud, God rest his soul.
  • SceptilemaniacSceptilemaniac Posts: 1,195 ★★★★
    Absolutely fantastic!!
  • DareDvlDanDareDvlDan Posts: 84
    Looks like The Elementals are making their appearance in the MCU. Could that be related to the Trial of the Elements currently going on in MCOC?
  • Batman1903Batman1903 Posts: 208
    we need black spidey and/or the flying version along with mysterio
  • VulcanMVulcanM Posts: 664 ★★
    hmmm. interesting. i enjoyed the take on the classic spidey theme at the end. tbh this teaser is just what i would have imagined, nothing less.
  • WayntosWayntos Posts: 590 ★★
    Mysterio fighting Hydro-man, They might as well bring in any of these four Shocker, Hobgoblin, Electro, Rhino, Vulture, Scorpia, Sandman, Kraven the Hunter and Doc Oc make the Sinster Six
  • John757John757 Posts: 1,085 ★★★
    Wayntos wrote: »
    Mysterio fighting Hydro-man, They might as well bring in any of these four Shocker, Hobgoblin, Electro, Rhino, Vulture, Scorpia, Sandman, Kraven the Hunter and Doc Oc make the Sinster Six

Shocker was in and Scorpion was teased in the first movie
  • XxOriginalxXXxOriginalxX Posts: 1,324 ★★★
    PeterQuill wrote: »
    At least this didn't completely discredit spider-man or nick fury's death in infinity war...oh wait it totally did.

And that’s the issue with the movie release timeline...marketing needs to happen and such...kind of annoying
  • Sheer_ColdSheer_Cold Posts: 183
    Like the End Game trailer, I didn't like it but I got the main story of what was going to happen. I always see these when they come out and I won't stop! ;)
    Sheer_Cold wrote: »
    Like the End Game trailer, I didn't like it but I got the main story of what was going to happen. I always see these when they come out and I won't stop! ;)

The endgame trailer only showed footage from the first 20 mins of the movie, not sure you know what’s gonna happen 😂
  • Darkstar4387Darkstar4387 Posts: 2,145 ★★★
    John757 wrote: »
    At least this didn't completely discredit spider-man or nick fury's death in infinity war...oh wait it totally did.

The snap created an alternate reality for half the population

Lol.

Uh no and no it didn't, this takes place after endgame so they are brought back to life in endgame which was obviously going to happen when they announced more movies after endgame and the fact the comics did the same

Lol.

Uh no and no it didn't, this takes place after endgame so they are brought back to life in endgame which was obviously going to happen when they announced more movies after endgame and the fact the comics did the same

Shhhhhhh don’t let them know that
  • PrathapPrathap Posts: 581 ★★★

Really liked this one... but That's not gonna be the case in movie anyways...
  • XxLoganTDCxXXxLoganTDCxX Posts: 2,561 ★★★★
    I hope they add Hydro-Man with Mysterio. I really don't want to see another Spider-man variant.
    We already have:
    Spider-Man (classic)
    Spider-Man (Symbiote)
    Spider-Man (Miles Moralis)
    Spider-Qwen
    Spider-Man (Stark Enhanced)
  • Primmer79Primmer79 Posts: 2,968 ★★★★
    I hope they add Hydro-Man with Mysterio. I really don't want to see another Spider-man variant.
    We already have:
    Spider-Man (classic)
    Spider-Man (Symbiote)
    Spider-Man (Miles Moralis)
    Spider-Qwen
    Spider-Man (Stark Enhanced)

To be fair, miles and gwen aren't variants, but totally different characters.

Others still hold strong though.
    edited January 2019
    Jestress wrote: »

Lol.

If you would read the article, you would find that they have refrained from stating whether this movie takes place before or after infinity war so as to NOT hint at the fate of the characters. Just saying.

Also, mysterio? Just went from six to midnight.

m0alqcp3rwoo.png

One article and I can give you tons of others including one from the director of the movie itself and from the person in charge of the whole mcu.

You know like this one.
    Right now, Spidey is in the MCU and it's just Spidey. Civil War, Homecoming, we've already shot a lot of Tom Holland's scenes in the upcoming Avengers films, and we're just starting to solidify our plans for Homecoming 2 - we won't call it that, whatever it is - which is exciting because it'll be the first MCU movie after untitled Avengers in 2019.

It'll be the way Civil War informed everything in Homecoming, those movies will launch him off into a very new cinematic universe at that point. Those five movies are we're focusing on.

https://www.joblo.com/movie-news/exclusive-kevin-feige-talks-spidey-s-future-studio-collaborations-220

And this
    “What I think we should focus on is this Spider-Man who started in Civil War and then has this movie, and then will be in the Avengers movie. And we are starting now the next one which will start a few minutes after Avengers 4 wraps as a story,” Pascal reveals.

https://www.fandom.com/articles/exclusive-sonys-spider-man-movies-happen-in-the-same-reality-as-the-mcu

I could keep going but I think those two would know better than you, and again it's obvious not sure why you think otherwise, especially when they announced phase 4 and had movies dated afterwards and the fact that the comics also did the same

Can we get back talking about the movie now.

Hydron not hydroman, he's part of the elementals who are also in the movie proably because they dont have the rights to him or sandman.

Also they are already setting up the ground work for that and introduced some in homecoming

Vulture
    Scorpion
    Shocker
    Mysterio
    ?
    ?
    edited January 2019

Lol.

If you would read the article, you would find that they have refrained from stating whether this movie takes place before or after infinity war so as to NOT hint at the fate of the characters. Just saying.

m0alqcp3rwoo.png

One article and I can give you tons of others including one from the director of the movie itself and from the person in charge of the whole mcu.

You know like this one.
    Right now, Spidey is in the MCU and it's just Spidey. Civil War, Homecoming, we've already shot a lot of Tom Holland's scenes in the upcoming Avengers films, and we're just starting to solidify our plans for Homecoming 2 - we won't call it that, whatever it is - which is exciting because it'll be the first MCU movie after untitled Avengers in 2019.

It'll be the way Civil War informed everything in Homecoming, those movies will launch him off into a very new cinematic universe at that point. Those five movies are we're focusing on.

https://www.joblo.com/movie-news/exclusive-kevin-feige-talks-spidey-s-future-studio-collaborations-220

And this
    “What I think we should focus on is this Spider-Man who started in Civil War and then has this movie, and then will be in the Avengers movie. And we are starting now the next one which will start a few minutes after Avengers 4 wraps as a story,” Pascal reveals.

https://www.fandom.com/articles/exclusive-sonys-spider-man-movies-happen-in-the-same-reality-as-the-mcu

I could keep going but I think those two would know better than you, and again it's obvious not sure why you think otherwise, especially when they announced phase 4 and had movies dated afterwards and the fact that the comics also did the same

Hydron not hydroman, he's part of the elementals who are also in the movie proably because they dont have the rights to him or sandman.

Also they are already setting up the ground work for that and introduced some in homecoming

Vulture
    Scorpion
    Shocker
    Mysterio
    ?
    ?

There is a difference between a movie coming out after Avengers: Endgame, and a moving coming out after Avengers: Endgame that had a timeline before the events of Infinity War.

Take Ant Man and The Wasp for example. Movie came out after Avengers: Infinity War. Timeline was BEFORE Avengers: Infinity War.

All I'm saying is we don't know whether the timeline of Spiderman: Far From Home is before or after the events of Infinity War.

Not exactly, The order and timeline of the mcu is complicated and you don't need to make it more complicated.

The end antman and the wasp takes place during the snap and endgame takes place after that, Again endgame is about beating Thanos and REVERSING the snap, then acording to feige we have Spiderman far from home which is confirmed to take place after that.

Captain marvel takes place before all those but will lead up into endgame that's why they are releasing it before endgame, to explain who captain marvel is where she's been and how she will get back into the the fold.

Spiderman far from home will explain the after effects of endgame and the state of the word and then we go from there as the start of phase 4.

Why are you beating a dead horse, the president of the mcu literally said this movie takes place after it, the writer literally said it takes place after it and yet you are still arguing otherwise and not sure why.
    edited January 2019
    @Darkstar4387 this is why I told that person it takes place in an alternate reality, if people don’t want to do research then they don’t deserve to know the truth haha that’s why I said Shhhhhhh!
    edited January 2019
    lol show me an article where it said Feige confirmed the movie takes place after endgame and I'll shut up. seriously - speculation means nothing to me.

I already did maybe you can click the link, and here's another one which he made in response to this theory

https://mcucosmic.com/2018/09/11/kevin-feige-explains-how-spider-man-far-from-home-is-not-a-prequel-to-infinity-war-avengers-4/

https://za.ign.com/m/kevin-feige/119156/news/spider-man-homecoming-sequel-a-return-to-normal-life-after-a
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,554 Guardian

Lol.

m0alqcp3rwoo.png

You know like this one.

And this

Vulture
    Scorpion
    Shocker
    Mysterio
    ?
    ?

There is a difference between a movie coming out after Avengers: Endgame, and a moving coming out after Avengers: Endgame that had a timeline before the events of Infinity War.

Take Ant Man and The Wasp for example. Movie came out after Avengers: Infinity War. Timeline was BEFORE Avengers: Infinity War.

All I'm saying is we don't know whether the timeline of Spiderman: Far From Home is before or after the events of Infinity War.

So far, Kevin Feige hasn't ever directly lied about the content of any of the MCU movies and he doesn't play spoilery games. He explicitly stated not only that Far from Home takes place after the two Infinity War movies, but that it deals with the consequences of them.
    "What is it like to try to go back to a normal life after what happens in this movie [Infinity War]? Not to mention what happens in the next [Avengers] movie.”

“It’s fun to see that, because he can represent, you know, the world as a whole, as they try to move forward,” Feige said. “And you can do it in a way that is tonally unique, and tonally different than, certainly, the two Avengers films that people are about to see.

See: https://mcucosmic.com/2018/09/11/kevin-feige-explains-how-spider-man-far-from-home-is-not-a-prequel-to-infinity-war-avengers-4/

Because we knew Tom Holland was signed for another MCU/Sony collaboration movie, we knew the sequel to Homecoming would release after Infinity War. So people were wondering if that movie could be set before Infinity War, because everyone suspected some characters would die in Infinity War and making it a prequel would dodge that issue. But in multiple interviews Kevin Feige stated that the movie now called Far from Home would deal with the consequences of Infinity War, it would not be set before that movie or try to dodge the events of that movie. In later interviews he states that chronologically speaking Far From Home takes place literally minutes after the closing events of Endgame.
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,479 ★★★★★
    High hopes.

Dr. Zola