**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Best and fastest way to beat the trials in epic mode.

Comments

• DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,479 ★★★★★
    Drooped2 wrote: »
    DrZola wrote: »
    it should be called impossible NOT epic. what a cruck and sadly this is what the top 1% wanted as a challenge and for fun? LOL ffs

Yes this is what we wanted a challenge instead of a cake walk.

If you cant beat it that's on you

Share your team and the AI you faced. Given a little RNG luck and a solid team I’m sure it is a doable challenge. Variability, however, can make it a nightmare for the wrong squad.

Dr. Zola
    I did it just fine with no items (apart from the boosts given from doing Epic the other 6 days). Had to fight (in this order) Cable, Modok, WM, Iceman, VP, SE SM, Diablo. Only thing that gave me difficulty was Modok on brawl + passiveness when armor up. Team was r3 5* Meph, r4 5* Angela, GP, Masacre, r2 6* Rulk. All duped. It’s easy if you have the time, skill, and attitude to get through it. Don’t go in expecting easy fights, and don’t quit when you’re given them OP

Edit: here come the people who flag because they can’t do the quest.

Flagging would be silly. You took a solid lineup and I’m sure that R2 RHulk smashes and has a wad of health. Good going.

And that’s not being snarky. Just admiring your team and wishing I had that as an option.

Dr. Zola

Meph,km, luke,morningstar,heimdall, ghost diablo boss

Ran domino spark r5
    R4 blade
    R3 masacre and rulk(neither did a fight)
    Blade handles meph and Ms
    Stark handled killmonger luke
    Domino took heimdal,ghost and diablo

Thank you. I’m sure it wasn’t easy, and I’m definitely not mocking you or anyone else. You had a great setup for those foes.

Dr. Zola
    it should be called impossible NOT epic. what a cruck and sadly this is what the top 1% wanted as a challenge and for fun? LOL ffs

Yes this is what we wanted a challenge instead of a cake walk.

If you cant beat it that's on you

Share your team and the AI you faced. Given a little RNG luck and a solid team I’m sure it is a doable challenge. Variability, however, can make it a nightmare for the wrong squad.

Dr. Zola
    I did it just fine with no items (apart from the boosts given from doing Epic the other 6 days). Had to fight (in this order) Cable, Modok, WM, Iceman, VP, SE SM, Diablo. Only thing that gave me difficulty was Modok on brawl + passiveness when armor up. Team was r3 5* Meph, r4 5* Angela, GP, Masacre, r2 6* Rulk. All duped. It’s easy if you have the time, skill, and attitude to get through it. Don’t go in expecting easy fights, and don’t quit when you’re given them OP

Edit: here come the people who flag because they can’t do the quest.

Flagging would be silly. You took a solid lineup and I’m sure that R2 RHulk smashes and has a wad of health. Good going.

And that’s not being snarky. Just admiring your team and wishing I had that as an option.

Dr. Zola

Meph,km, luke,morningstar,heimdall, ghost diablo boss

Ran domino spark r5
    R4 blade
    R3 masacre and rulk(neither did a fight)
    Blade handles meph and Ms
    Stark handled killmonger luke
    Domino took heimdal,ghost and diablo

Thank you. I’m sure it wasn’t easy, and I’m definitely not mocking you or anyone else. You had a great setup for those foes.

Dr. Zola

Had to carry 2 synergy for domino on mesmerize well kinda her lucky helps but not 100 percent

I find Blade handles mesmerize well, but the opponent may not be optimal for him. Rogue and Medusa also.

Dr. Zola
  • V1PER1987V1PER1987 Posts: 3,474 ★★★★★
    A challenge, not a cake walk? So 50k, crazy-Noded Champs for a Daily Side Quest is a challenge? No. What you need is a separate game where you can have insane levels of challenge, so people can enjoy this one.

Got it I need to leave so you can enjoy it instead of me being able to enjoy it.

It's all about you

You don't HAVE to do anything, but when the majority of people are saying it's ridiculous, and a few are saying, "More! More! More!".......clearly there's something being missed.

I agree your.missing that end game content is made for end game players

What you’re missing is that is isn’t end game content. This is a side quest with epic difficulty. This isn’t supposed to be a Maze/Variant level of difficulty. It should be more equated to UC/Epic EQ. Of course now you’ll probably say it’s stupid for UC/Epic Trials to have roughly the same difficulty as UC/Epic EQ even though they’re rated with the same titles.
  • Arbiter2426Arbiter2426 Posts: 346
    Dude I got a agent venom dormammu and iceman on MASTER and i just quit
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,192 ★★★★★
    V1PER1987 wrote: »
    A challenge, not a cake walk? So 50k, crazy-Noded Champs for a Daily Side Quest is a challenge? No. What you need is a separate game where you can have insane levels of challenge, so people can enjoy this one.

Got it I need to leave so you can enjoy it instead of me being able to enjoy it.

It's all about you

You don't HAVE to do anything, but when the majority of people are saying it's ridiculous, and a few are saying, "More! More! More!".......clearly there's something being missed.

What you’re missing is that is isn’t end game content. This is a side quest with epic difficulty. This isn’t supposed to be a Maze/Variant level of difficulty. It should be more equated to UC/Epic EQ. Of course now you’ll probably say it’s stupid for UC/Epic Trials to have roughly the same difficulty as UC/Epic EQ even though they’re rated with the same titles.

Epic isnt end game content? So theres no end game content?
    Sorry but this is nowhere bear maze or variant difficulty those boosts make this pretty straight forward.

Trials.need the same difficulties as their name sake event?
    Cool only time we had epic monthly eq was when everyone had Steve the symbiote(yes his name was steve) and was on par with this only more fights.

Some of which (sym supreme werent possible unboosted with steve)

They need relatively the same level of difficulty, yes. That's the whole point in having them. So people can grow over time and have a gauge to judge what they are capable of. It needs to be consistent because that's what progress needs. Just because some people have grown past it doesn't mean it needs to be disproportionately shifted to be more challenging for the few that are bored. That totally negates the point of having specific levels.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,192 ★★★★★

It's all about you

Sorry but this is nowhere bear maze or variant difficulty those boosts make this pretty straight forward.

Cool only time we had epic monthly eq was when everyone had Steve the symbiote(yes his name was steve) and was on par with this only more fights.

They need relatively the same level of difficulty, yes. That's the whole point in having them. So people can grow over time and have a gauge to judge what they are capable of. It needs to be consistent because that's what progress needs. Just because some people have grown past it doesn't mean it needs to be disproportionately shifted to be more challenging for the few that are bored. That totally negates the point of having specific levels.

And 7 fights epic is on par with epic monthly which has more fights.

Epic> uncollected or am I mistaken there ?

Yes, there are 7 Fights. With 6*s rated higher than UC with Nodes that increase the difficulty 7-fold. You could make it 1 Fight and still be disproportionate if it's amped up enough. It's a side-Event. To be honest, it's becoming way too overboard with these things. Half the people I know just laugh.
  • Welderofortune2Welderofortune2 Posts: 139

It's all about you

First of all, if you consider yourself End-Game because of the Trials, you're not clear on what End-Game is. Not you specifically, just the term in general.
    Secondly, rubbing it in everyone's face that you love the added difficulty whenever people have a problem with it is about as constructive as a Tsunami.
    That argument is constantly flaunted in peoples' faces whenever they point out something is too hard. "Not all content is made for everyone, something for End-Game.". Here's a fact. When you increase the number of people who are over how unnecessarily difficult something is, you end up making content that's "for" about 20 people.
    By all means, keep razzing people because you could do it. Doesn't change the facts about it.

Typically I don't agree with you, and secretly thought you worked for kabam. its nice to see you take a position I can agree with.
  • V1PER1987V1PER1987 Posts: 3,474 ★★★★★

It's all about you

Umm yes, they do need the same difficulties as their namesake event. Otherwise why even have difficulty titles? If they want to jack up the nodes and make it ridiculous, then fine. Just call it Elder, or something else. Don’t compare it to epic difficulty which it’s clearly not. People who have completed 5.2 should at least have a chance to complete it if it’s Epic/UC. It’s a way to gauge how difficult content is supposed to be. You have multiple R5 5* which of course will make things easier for you. Not all uncollected players have that. This is not end game content it’s a side quest. End game content is Variant, LOL, and soon to be released Act 6. But I guess other people can’t voice their opinion if it doesn’t agree with you?
  • peasantpeasant Posts: 240
    I just got completely obliterated on the second node, Killmonger. Gambler’s Fate, Double or Nothing, and Brawl wherein he get power flood every single fight and I get poison/bleed/degenerate. When exactly am I supposed to attack and finish off a 6* 230kish HP Killmonger when he’s constantly throwing specials, is unstoppable, or has indestructible charges up? Fun and interactive. I officially boycott this event. Only AQ and AW again.

yea KM's indestructible and long specials and passiveness just make it so the player has to chip away slowly at his health. So although having stark spidey/high pure damage champ helps, it still is a game of get in a few hits and not face unstoppable every 5 sec.

The Epic difficulty makes it so you have incenerate immune (or blade), frost immune at a high rank, so only end game players are able to complete it with little to no item use. Blade and stark and void. Still the staples if you can pull them!
  • HulksmasshhHulksmasshh Posts: 742 ★★★
    Yeah the epic trial is tough as ****, especially compared to how these side-quest difficulty used to be. But Kabam has found a way to challenge those who look forward to it without snowballing them ahead of others who can't. The rewards for epic don't match the difficulty for it, so those who can complete it get a little bonus but nothing game changing. Kind of like how the maze difficulty didn't match its rewards. Kabam is actually catering to its mid-tier players by keep everyone challenged without unbalancing the contest too quickly so I don't get the outrage. It's all about your progression and there's progression available for everyone at all levels.
  • General__RossGeneral__Ross Posts: 157
    edited January 2019
    People need to (a) stop complaining about optional Events and (b) stop saying these events are only done with “such and such god tier (hate that phrase) champs.” I did quite a few of the trials this week with my B team Pun 2099, YJ, Venom, Meph, and SG (r3 5* and r1 6* that are nowhere near “god tier”) while my other champs were in war.

Edit: Here come the flags again :/
    People need to (a) stop complaining about optional Events and (b) stop saying these events are only done with “such and such god tier (hate that phrase) champs.” I did quite a few of the trials this week with my B team Pun 2099, YJ, Venom, Meph, and SG (r3 5* and r1 6* that are nowhere near “god tier”) while my other champs were in war.

Edit: Here come the flags again :/

No flags, but I’d love to see pics. Seriously.

Dr. Zola
    @DrZola don’t have any pics because I don’t feel like taking pictures every time I step into a quest, let alone one I don’t find all too difficult. I’ll try to get one for you tomorrow though bud :wink:
    @DrZola don’t have any pics because I don’t feel like taking pictures every time I step into a quest, let alone one I don’t find all too difficult. I’ll try to get one for you tomorrow though bud :wink:

Honestly, I’d just like to see how your B team matched up. I’m more than willing to admit I don’t know unique combos of champs that are highly effective, especially with many of the newer champs that haven’t graced my roster. 2099 dropped from today’s 5* for me and I honestly know little about him on attack. So...yes—I’m happy to be educated.

Dr. Zola
    @DrZola I’m actually loving my 6* 2099. He’s my most recent 6* as of a few months ago. Will probably r2 him depending on who I get from my next 6* once I’m done exploring the last few paths of UC (all that’s left is 2.1, east stuff).
    This right here is actually my usual questing team, so I guess it’s not fair to call 2099 B team. You got me lol
    psht7arqy2g0.png