**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

[iOS] 21.2 Lag, Crashing and Performance Investigation

Hi Summoners!

Our team is working to identify and address performance issues in The Contest and we need your help as we gather relevant information.

As part of this process, it is important for you to understand that lag and game performance are affected by a host of factors including: device, operating system, connection and even Champions or maps. Complicated issues such as these involve an equally complicated investigation process, due to all of these variables. Your contributions to this thread will help in that investigation. This, however, does not mean that there is one single “fix” coming that will address all concerns for all players. It is an ongoing process of improvements that the team is continually working toward as the game progresses.

If you are experiencing crashing, lag, unresponsive controls or performance problems in the iOS version of The Contest, please reply using the template below.

This thread is for iOS users only.

In-Game Name: Please include your in-game (not forum) name.
Device and Model: (Example, iPhone 7)
Device Operating System: (Example, iOS 11) You can find out the operating system on an iPhone by going to Settings, then General and scrolling down to “Version.”
Cellular or WiFi: Does this issue happen when you are using cellular data, WiFi or both? If on cellular, what is your mobile carrier?
Game Version Installed: To check which version of the game you have installed, go to the App Store and confirm that you have the latest version installed which will show you the number. This thread is only for those on the 21.2 version of the game.
Game Mode: In which game mode did the error occur? Story Quests, Event Quests, Arena, Alliance Quest or Alliance War.
Description of the Issue: Please include a full and complete description of the lag and performance issue you are experiencing with as much relevant detail as possible. This includes any specific Champions affected and how long you’ve been experiencing the issue.

Replies to this thread must use the template below and provide relevant, constructive information about the issue. This thread is for information gathering and not one-on-one support. Off topic posts, requests for status updates and general complaints will be removed according to the forum rules.

Comments

• AmigouSAmigouS Posts: 5
    edited January 2019
    IGN: AmigouS
    Device: Apple iPad Pro 11" 2018
    Software: iOS 12.1
    Connection type: WiFi
    Game Version: 21.2.
    Game mode: All game modes
    Description of the Issue: The game doesn't run properly on brand new Apple iPad Pro 11" 2018 (released in late of October 2018), it has huge black bars, please do something!jpegzdjgmapz.jpg
  • PFunkPFunk Posts: 111
    Just downloaded the new update for iOS and everything just feels off. For example, it feels like there’s a delay in each hit of a combo so it makes you feel like you’re fighting the screen just to keep your 5 hit combo going. Also there seems to be spacing issues. I’ve tried going in to punish the opponent after a special and just get a big wiff. Also had the opponent in war try to throw a heavy and was so far away from me that I didn’t even have to dash back to avoid it. Also noticed specials have a delay from the time you hit the button, to when they actually activate. This same delay seems to be affecting parry too. You go to hold block and it takes a second before your champ actually recognizes the command. My alliance members have noticed the same this morning when I asked them to. To anyone who hasn’t updated yet, I’d highly recommend to wait before updating.
    Oh, and I’m using an iPhone 7+ with the most current iOS installed if that helps. Using a strong WiFi, and actually tested on 2 different wifi’s And the issues remain.
  • Vossler77Vossler77 Posts: 683 ★★
    Major connections issues. 97 times in the last 3 hrs dhvzywhchykz.png
    Every aspect of the game.
    Iphone 7. Ios 12.1.2
    Game versions 21.2.
  • gazyspygazyspy Posts: 4
    In game name: gazyspy
    Iphone XS max
    IOS 12.1.2
    Wifi/cellular At&t
    Arena, Event quests, AW
    Version 21.2
  • In game name: Blakklite
    Device and Model: 2018 iPad Pro 11”
    Device operating system: iOS 12.1.1
    Cellular or WiFi: Both (Verizon)
    Game version installed: 21.2
    Game mode: all
    Description of the issue: the game needs an update to support the new screen resolution for 2018 iPads. Screen resolution on this model iPad is 2,388x1,668. Currently there are black bars on top, bottom and sides of the screen.
  • Juvi_JrJuvi_Jr Posts: 9
    Juvi jr.
    IPhone 6s and iphone xr
    Latest out at the time
    Both WiFi and Cellular
    Latest version of MCOC
    With the 6s my main issues were infinite loads that required restarts, unresponsive screen for short periods, including starts of the fights. This happened randomly as far as i am aware. With the xr and the latest updates load times are better but server connection errors got worse.

Additionally, on quests and war i experience lag issues with both phones. These happened generally after a sp3 animation or input heavy moments.

Unresponsive screen issue is continuing with less Occurances but still existing. In addition my champs tend to dash forward randomly now and then.

I think i had all these issues in all game modes.

In addition i had persisten charges disappeared, a defender thats supposed to be stunned 15 seconds hit me the moment game starts, graphics not loading, buff icons stack up on top of eachother and several similar issues like these.
  • grubletgrublet Posts: 7
    iPhone 8s plus
    Latest mcoc update
    Happening in all fight aspects of game. Quests, arena, War, AQ.
    Fight screen flickers as opponent dashes in for Attack. Makes response time null.
    Also having game be unresponsive to parry, evade randomly but often. Attacker just stands there and gets pummeled.
    All champions and classes.
    Issue wasn’t happening before update.
    Mephisto boss in Act5.4.5 took 7revives and 300 units to beat after mcoc update. Before update, wasn’t using a single revive. As an example.
    Been KO’d against colossus in arena even due to it. One of the easiest fight in the game.
    Another glitch that was fixed previously but is now back is the heavy attack for champions that do back flips or uppercuts such as cyclops, DD, or LC. If you see them charging up for a heavy and dash back to put avoidable distance, the AI slides the opponent forward slightly during animation to guarantee contact is made. Like I said, it was fixed before but now it’s back.
    This has been one of the worst updates mechanics wise in a long time. Like the issues have been there for 6+ months now, but this update seems to be making them happen a lot more often. Also the connection error after almost every fight is super frustrating too.. Kabam really needs to check their connections...
  • S7reS7re Posts: 1
    I have iPhone SE but I don’t think the problem is related to me because many other friends have the same problem. Parry doesn’t work in aw, like I don’t press nothing so the enemy can strike me
  • HaminHamin Posts: 2,444 ★★★★★
    S7re wrote: »
    like I don’t press nothing so the enemy can strike me

Well, I think we found the problem.
  • S7reS7re Posts: 1
    So how can we fix it?
  • CentlosCentlos Posts: 19
    Wtf? how can that be if i evade that im hit, enough distance was there?
    oyfdpabyzkeu.gif
    Iphone xs, latest update
  • HaminHamin Posts: 2,444 ★★★★★
    S7re wrote: »
    So how can we fix it?

Are you sure you know how parry works?
  • phil56201phil56201 Posts: 953 ★★★
    It's input lag. Happening to me all the time lately. I have to adjust my block timing when I notice this. If Im doing a MlllM+block/parry, I have to input the block before the animation on my last M even ends or it will register too late on my normal timing.
  • RO53TT1RO53TT1 Posts: 317
    I've already posted everything kabam has asked for on both ios and Android but there's been no announcement about anything and ive lost half my health in war twice cause app just closes and countless times in other solo quests, can we get an update of some kind, thanks.
  • OnmixOnmix Posts: 508 ★★★
    In-Game Name: Onmix5
    Device and Model: iPhone XS Max
    Device Operating System: 12.1.2
    Cellular or WiFi: Both
    Game Version Installed: 21.2
    Game Mode: Arena, Story Quests, AQ, AW
    Description of the Issue: The loading screens are eternal. Between fights in any game mode, this means when the victory title pops up, to when you’re back in the map I experience very slow loading screens.
    When opening the app. When clicking reconnect after leaving the app.
    Also, in between fights very often I get the “no connection” message. Both this issues are very annoying when playing 60 rounds on arena or on a boost in AW
  • Cranmer00Cranmer00 Posts: 528 ★★
    Cramdeeznutz
    iPhone 6s
    Newest update
    iOS 10.1 11.1 and now 12.1
    Superior Lag to where the game is unplayable in all modes

What happened was, ever since the update was overheating my phone, the update following and since has made my phone unplayable. Before the overheat fix, it was playable until it would just get way too hot, but now it is unplayable at all times. I actually had to buy an IPad just to play this game. Also, when I say unplayable, I’m not exaggerating because I’m pissed, it is honestly unplayable on it. The game loads forever and sometimes not at all, everything takes forever and the fights are lag filled if they even start.

• RixeRRixeR Posts: 1
    Rix儿

iphone 5s

IOS 12.1.2

Happen even if im using Wi-Fi, data, or hot spot

Newlest update

AQ, monthly quest

Here is there story, even if im telling you guys ton of times.. Every times when click FIGHT, the loading is keep rolling forever..(my god shake record is left my phone fir 30minute and it still F word loading........)
    It trouble me because im walking path 1 of AQ, as known as the heal block and bleed, that mean i has to spend potion everytimes this dumbass happen..! Stop ignore it, that is not phone problem okay!
  • Theduder55Theduder55 Posts: 35
    My initial load times and in game, match start-up, load times are much worse....minutes of connection down/connection up/connection down/etc. This is happening in both WiFi and phone data, something is not right. Please help.
    iPhone 8p, iOS 11.4.1
  • ThiartcThiartc Posts: 257 ★★
    Any other iphone users having heating problems again?

I have an iphone x running on ios 12.
  • ThiartcThiartc Posts: 257 ★★
    Thiart
    Iphone x
    Ios 12.1
    Cinnection lag and now heating problems also
  • EpistriatusEpistriatus Posts: 1,248 ★★★★
    Lag, lag, lag, lag, lag....when opponent is using specials the screen freezes and before I can react, screen unfreezes so to say, special has been done and my champ is k.o. It’s been happening in eq, uncollected version.
    Don’t really feel the need to fill in all the data, answer all the technical questions, since I’ve done that numerous times already.
  • IGN: Ottothastarson
    Device: Apple iPad
    Software: iOS 12.1. 1
    Connection type: WiFi
    Game Version: 21.2.
    Game mode: only in AQ and AW
    starting to be very costly aw/aq because lags and mostly connection issues.
  • MaatManMaatMan Posts: 958 ★★★
    Centlos wrote: »
    Wtf? how can that be if i evade that im hit, enough distance was there?
    oyfdpabyzkeu.gif
    Iphone xs, latest update

ur dex was too early.
    hense why dexterity never showed up.
    you were finishing the movement as the bullet landed.
    at the point you got hit you were vunerable.
    you needed to dexterity a little later.
  • In-Game Name: CndnSol
    Device and Model: iPhone 6 Plus
    Device Operating System: 12.1.12
    Cellular or WiFi: Both
    Game Version Installed: 21.2
    Game Mode: All
    Description of the Issue: Overheating after a few minutes of use. Lag, freezing and unresponsive inputs. App will crash after extreme lag or randomly including in menus, selecting champs, start of arena fights, finishing with a special to name a few.
  • When I am in a match my attacks won't pick up my champ will not hit or block at times when I tap the screen it's like maybe my fingers tap to quick are something idk butt it's costed me many fights today my rank 3awakened 4*archangel was beat by a 1456 champ I'm almost 4000 on my archangel I feel that my ability to see the attacks an react in the time I do the game is not capable of picking up my hits I'll tap the screen 3times before he swings once an he hits me because I don't swing as you can see it's can be annoying butt I love this game an hope you can help fix it for me idk anything about game designing are anything butt I hope you can help me out with this issue because my whole alliance is suffering because my strong champs are useless right now please if you can please fix this
  • IGN: Archling
    Device and model: iPhone 7
    Software: 12.1.3
    Cellular and WiFi: Both
    Game version: 21.2
    Game mode: all of them
    Issue: The loading screen before and after fights are incredibly long. Sometimes it takes up to 5 minutes before i can proceed to the next fight. This includes AQ, AQ, EQ, SQ and Arena but in EQ and trials of the alchemist, it is extremely long. Sometimes it doesn't connect to the fight at all which forces me to close the app and relaunch it. Most of the time it's the loading screens but connecting issues have occurred more frequently after the update (using both cellular and WiFi).
This discussion has been closed.