**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

How can I get great 5 stars

Comments

• PaytoPlayPaytoPlay Posts: 762 ★★★
    Pay to play.
  • ElwixElwix Posts: 55
    I spend 50$ and I get gven
  • SabrefencerSabrefencer Posts: 1,433 ★★★
    Play more and grind. Nothing you do will guarantee a "good" champ, despite what the tinfoil-hat crowd says.
  • Swe_wolfisSwe_wolfis Posts: 390 ★★
    Rank up Quake
    On alliance Def?
  • SabrefencerSabrefencer Posts: 1,433 ★★★
    Quake is a damn good champ if you can figure out how to use her. It's possible to win a fight with 0 hits and take 0 damage.
    Only quake is good 13 garbage tier
  • allinashesallinashes Posts: 787 ★★★
    Open more crystals...a lot more. You will get some decent pulls eventually. If it gives shards, grind it, including arena.

In the meantime, listen to other posters and focus on that Quake.
  • invasian82invasian82 Posts: 42
    this should help on how to use quake

https://youtube.com/watch?v=pvtyo_LMr-s
  • DrenlinDrenlin Posts: 787 ★★★
    Sorry to say but that may be the worst 5* lineup I’ve ever seen. You have my sympathy
  • Star_Lord_Star_Lord_ Posts: 528 ★★★
    Save up for the Marvelous crystal offers. They have the newest champs, which for the most part are better than the older trash champions.

Problem is they are only offered a few times a year.
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,542 ★★★★★
    Yondu only other one worth using at this stage.

Quake is top shelf if you can master her mechanics.

Dr. Zola
  • SidDDragonSidDDragon Posts: 1,183 ★★★
    How to get great 5*.. I have heard that sacrificing a few lambs to the kabam gods helps
  • Woody15Woody15 Posts: 544 ★★★
    Yondu is pretty good. Lots of utility. Heal block, bleed, armor break on bleed immune heroes, can steal armor ups and crits through blocks
  • kfd2010kfd2010 Posts: 423 ★★
    Woof. That is bad. A couple decent champs in a sea of ****.

Gotta keep playing the odds and hope it turns around. There's no other way about it.
  • ShrimkinsShrimkins Posts: 1,479 ★★★★
    Don't worry about 5*'s at your level. If you have some great 4*'s rank them up. You can complete a ton of content with just 5/50 4* champs.

I have all of those 5*s plus many more **** ones. It's all about volume. Eventually you will pull someone great. It just takes time and a lot more crystals.
  • MrBanksMrBanks Posts: 950 ★★★
    Rank up Yondu he’s the best you have
  • LoctiteSuperGlueLoctiteSuperGlue Posts: 120
    edited January 2019

It's all RNG, my first 5* stars where OG Iron Man, SIM, both Black Panthers, and then I got Starky, Medusa, CapIw in a row. Focus on the Quake and Yondu, and the good 4 stars that you have, you for sure will get a good 5 star, either your next Crystal or the next 5 Crystals
  • GildenlowGildenlow Posts: 691 ★★★
    You have yondu and quake, both are great champs. OG spider man is awesome for defense.

The God you want will come eventually.
  • SvaenSvaen Posts: 55
    OG spider need dupe
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,345 ★★★★★
    Yondu is good and Quake is potentially amazing.

If they get Awakened, Spidey becomes good, and even Ronan has his uses. A bit situational; but useful nonetheless.

Better luck with future pulls.
  • The_Boss9The_Boss9 Posts: 1,390 ★★★
    Um quake?
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,657 Guardian
    Elwix wrote: »

I think you have been brainwashed by the Only God Tier Champs Are Useful Cabal. "Tiers" are themselves just a (over)simplified way to roughly rank champs in one linear order, except champions aren't useful or not useful in only one measurable linear way.

Quake is probably the champ most people would say is the strongest one in the lineup. She can do great things, but she takes skill to use properly. She has a fairly unique playstyle when leveraging her strengths, specifically building up aftershock and killing with the stun and damage effects. She can basically kill without even making contact, and against most attackers she can dodge the first attempt to hit her when she's charging heavy. Quake has a high performance ceiling, but takes a ton of practice to reach it.

Yondu is actually a very good champ. He's a good attacker and a good defender and doesn't really need to be awakened for either role. I'd say he is undervalued in general but most experienced players would consider him at least above average if not very strong. He has a bleed, armor break (on bleed immune) and heal block and can crit and trigger abilities through block.

Yellowjacket is a decent attacker and decent defender, particularly on unblockable special one nodes. He is better awakened for the stun, but still useable when unawakened. His power sting reverse damage can be very useful against enemies you're baiting a lot of specials out of. Way back in the day he was a legitimate choice for LoL. Not so much these days, but still an above average attacker.

Ronan needs to be awakened, but when he's awakened he can be very useful in certain situations. Specifically, his stuns increase in duration based on the number of buffs the target has. If you're fighting something that has a ton of buffs like some event quest bosses have, he can perma-stun the target indefinitely. He was the cheat code of choice for Act 4 Venom back in the day, and you can still kill that guy with a 3* (awakened) Ronan. The 5* version is a mediocre attacker in general (stuns still good, but not great compared to other champs), but he gets a lot better awakened. That's not a knock on Ronan, you could say the same thing about Star Lord and no one says he is a garbage pull.

Spider-man is a marginally better than average attacker, but awakened he becomes a very good defender. Not a garbage pull, but probably sitting on the bench until awakened.

Spider-gwen used to be a mostly useless champ but today I would say she's an above average champ. First of all, she can be annoying as a defender. She's not going to get a lot of kills, but the fact that she becomes evasive when triggering special one attacks can actually catch people off guard. Her stacking armor breaks used to be only a curiosity because they were not strong enough to really ramp up damage noticeably but now we have champions where armor break is particularly useful, like IMIW and Emma Frost. That doesn't make her a great attacker, but it makes her a situationally useful attacker. Not a garbage pull either.

Iron Man, Captain America, Colossus, Kamala Khan, and Rhino I would personally classify as arena fodder. I'm sure someone else finds a use for them, but I would put them at the bottom of the list. I wouldn't call them garbage, but I wouldn't argue a lot with someone who did.

The important thing, though, is that every champ has different strengths and weaknesses, and should be evaluated based on those, not on "tiers." A good player makes use of what they get, and evaluates the champions they get based on learning their individual specific abilities.
  • axelelf_1axelelf_1 Posts: 775 ★★★
    DNA3000 wrote: »

I think you have been brainwashed by the Only God Tier Champs Are Useful Cabal. "Tiers" are themselves just a (over)simplified way to roughly rank champs in one linear order, except champions aren't useful or not useful in only one measurable linear way.

Quake is probably the champ most people would say is the strongest one in the lineup. She can do great things, but she takes skill to use properly. She has a fairly unique playstyle when leveraging her strengths, specifically building up aftershock and killing with the stun and damage effects. She can basically kill without even making contact, and against most attackers she can dodge the first attempt to hit her when she's charging heavy. Quake has a high performance ceiling, but takes a ton of practice to reach it.

Yondu is actually a very good champ. He's a good attacker and a good defender and doesn't really need to be awakened for either role. I'd say he is undervalued in general but most experienced players would consider him at least above average if not very strong. He has a bleed, armor break (on bleed immune) and heal block and can crit and trigger abilities through block.

Yellowjacket is a decent attacker and decent defender, particularly on unblockable special one nodes. He is better awakened for the stun, but still useable when unawakened. His power sting reverse damage can be very useful against enemies you're baiting a lot of specials out of. Way back in the day he was a legitimate choice for LoL. Not so much these days, but still an above average attacker.

Ronan needs to be awakened, but when he's awakened he can be very useful in certain situations. Specifically, his stuns increase in duration based on the number of buffs the target has. If you're fighting something that has a ton of buffs like some event quest bosses have, he can perma-stun the target indefinitely. He was the cheat code of choice for Act 4 Venom back in the day, and you can still kill that guy with a 3* (awakened) Ronan. The 5* version is a mediocre attacker in general (stuns still good, but not great compared to other champs), but he gets a lot better awakened. That's not a knock on Ronan, you could say the same thing about Star Lord and no one says he is a garbage pull.

Spider-man is a marginally better than average attacker, but awakened he becomes a very good defender. Not a garbage pull, but probably sitting on the bench until awakened.

Spider-gwen used to be a mostly useless champ but today I would say she's an above average champ. First of all, she can be annoying as a defender. She's not going to get a lot of kills, but the fact that she becomes evasive when triggering special one attacks can actually catch people off guard. Her stacking armor breaks used to be only a curiosity because they were not strong enough to really ramp up damage noticeably but now we have champions where armor break is particularly useful, like IMIW and Emma Frost. That doesn't make her a great attacker, but it makes her a situationally useful attacker. Not a garbage pull either.

Iron Man, Captain America, Colossus, Kamala Khan, and Rhino I would personally classify as arena fodder. I'm sure someone else finds a use for them, but I would put them at the bottom of the list. I wouldn't call them garbage, but I wouldn't argue a lot with someone who did.

The important thing, though, is that every champ has different strengths and weaknesses, and should be evaluated based on those, not on "tiers." A good player makes use of what they get, and evaluates the champions they get based on learning their individual specific abilities.

Do you get paid for word count?
    Thanks for comments
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,657 Guardian
    axelelf_1 wrote: »
    DNA3000 wrote: »

Do you get paid for word count?

Only on the internet where attention spans are measured in milliseconds and literacy is considered an odd hobby is six hundred thirty six words considered a lot of words.