**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Punisher 2099

DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,480 ★★★★★
Thoughts and uses, please, if any. How precisely does his heal block work?

Thanks
Dr. Zola

Comments

• JadedJaded Posts: 5,476 ★★★★★
    DrZola wrote: »

Thanks
    Dr. Zola

His heal block is automatic, they proc regen he proc’s heal block
  • StarDarts_89StarDarts_89 Posts: 419 ★★
    I’ve heard he’s decent for buffet
  • WhathappenedWhathappened Posts: 747 ★★★
    What Jaded said. The game is in maintenance mode right now and can't read his abilities but if I remember correctly it uses X amount of his battery to automatically heal block everytime a regen pops up. If not enough battery it won't work. Duped he also power locks right before they get 3 bars of power which is nice. He's a solid utility champ duped and can hit fairly hard while the battery is draining. He reminds me of a better Civil Warrior if that gives you any perspective.
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,480 ★★★★★
    edited January 2019
    That’s helpful. Three of my last four 5* pulls have been 2099, CW and Yondu, none of which will get an AG (hello Stark—are you out there? Ghost, yes, I’m still available. Oh hello, Sentinel—saving space for you!), but all of whom are arguably decent.

I just had zero familiarity with 2099 on offense. It’s a shame he doesn’t reverse regen or he’d be another EQ Rhulk answer.

Dr. Zola
  • KaruseusKaruseus Posts: 528 ★★
    If i remember it correctly, his heal block is applied when enemy procs regeneration ‘buff’, so I don’t think he can deal with passive regens. At least so says the description

As for his usage, just spam sp1, overload nanotech battery (which boosts your attack based on remaining battery once overloaded), and them just keep spamming sp1 again to keep your battery high
    edited January 2019
    Haji_Saab wrote: »

Thanks
    Dr. Zola

Thoughts and prayers to you. :)

Uses = has high prestige for arena. Other than that his weak damage prevents him from being useful for much. Jack of many trades but master of none. Can cause some problems on kinetic reactor nodes in AW.

His heal block procs whenever a regen buff appears on opponents.

Thanks @Haji_Saab

He’s pretty much as I thought—a so-so pull (yet another in a line that runs back through May) that has some utility across multiple dimensions but is outclassed by other champs. In short, he appears to do several things that others do better.

Dr. Zola
  • General__RossGeneral__Ross Posts: 157
    @DrZola you already know I like mine and was thinking of bringing him to r2. However, I pulled Hood just now and he is basically the upgraded form of 2099.
    edited January 2019
    @DrZola you already know I like mine and was thinking of bringing him to r2. However, I pulled Hood just now and he is basically the upgraded form of 2099.

Ahhh...your luck. Hood is a sneaky great champ.

Congrats **grits teeth and grimaces**

Dr. Zola
  • Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,152 ★★★★★
    That’s helpful. Three of my last four 5* pulls have been 2099, CW and Yondu, none of which will get an AG (hello Stark—are you out there? Ghost, yes, I’m still available. Oh hello, Sentinel—saving space for you!), but all of whom are arguably decent.

I just had zero familiarity with 2099 on offense. It’s a shame he doesn’t reverse regen or he’d be another EQ Rhulk answer.

Dr. Zola

I don't have him ranked high but he is fun to play. If I wasn't focused on like 6 other tech champs ahead of him, I might give him some resources...
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,281 ★★★★★
    I can see his potential value against champs with infrequent powerful regenerations like Redpool. However, for me, @DrZola his Heal Block is largely a weakness to be exploited when he's on defense. Send in a champ who can regenerate frequently, and said champ will steadily drain his battery so he can't Power Lock them or go into Overdrive.

I tend to use a similar strategy if he's Awakened: Most SP2s are more effective than SP3s; so deliberately trigger the Power Lock to drain his battery, then hit with the SP2.

Go with Yondu, if Ghost and Sentinel aren't forthcoming. He's way better than P2099.
    Good advice, but I’m not wasting cats on Yondu beyond R3. He’s fine for arena, but not much more for me.

I can just wait or call it a day. Feels like I am
    living the definition of insanity with my pulls the past 8 months: keep doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.

Dr. Zola
  • Helicopter_dugdugdugHelicopter_dugdugdug Posts: 555 ★★★
    I think Yondu is really good.
    Worth T2a and an AG?

Dr. Zola
  • V1PER1987V1PER1987 Posts: 3,474 ★★★★★
    edited January 2019
    Worth T2a and an AG?

Dr. Zola

On my OG account I took Yondu to 5/65 and awakened him. I think you have to like using him. Before Blade was around he was my stout Magik killer. He fills a couple niches like stealing BPCW/RS armor and bleeding through block. Baiting opponent specials helps your L2 to deal massive damage and his L1 heal block has a nice duration. I thoroughly enjoyed his animations and abilities though.
    Interesting. I like him...but not sure it’s that much. He’s probably one of my top 3 pulls since Spring.

Dr. Zola
  • StrayPoolStrayPool Posts: 98
    One thing I will give P2099 absolute props for is his use as an anti-evade champ. His second special burns 20 from his battery and "auto-locks", meaning no evasion skills activate in response. He's helped me out a great deal against very high-rank Nightcrawlers and Spideys where RNG has led to others being broken on the floor.

Other than that, the comments above are spot-on: he does a lot of little things but can be outstripped by others. If you don't have them though, may as well see if he can fit the bill.
  • StarDarts_89StarDarts_89 Posts: 419 ★★
    Interesting. I like him...but not sure it’s that much. He’s probably one of my top 3 pulls since Spring.

Dr. Zola

Off topic, but why you always end your comments with “Dr. Zola”? Just wondering...

Dr. Zola

Off topic, but why you always end your comments with “Dr. Zola”? Just wondering...

Fair question...I’ve been on the MCoC forums since 2015, I think. Started signing my posts then and just never stopped. I always try to put thought into them and view them as more than just jabber, which is probably why I signed them initially. Now it’s force of habit and a way of acknowledging ownership of what I write.

Dr. Zola
  • DoctorJDoctorJ Posts: 842 ★★★
    Regarding Yondu, my 6* Yondu is one of my top used champions. Yupp. He gets lots of aq duty and frequent quest duty. He is one of the mose reliable heal blockers out there.

Regarding Pun 2099, he is like a cheap swiss army knife. He can do a lot, just not overly well. His damage output is just to low to make him reliable. His heal block can be handy for buffet, i will say.

Neither worth a gem imo. Hopefully your luck picks up :)
    Thx all. Pretty much what I thought, which is that 2099 is a middle tier champ at best. Would be awesome as a “first few” 5* pull for a newer account (but those guys somehow all get 5* Stark and Corvus, right?), but struggles to find any place on most upper end rosters (General Ross being the one exception I know who uses him).

Yondu is the pick of the litter for my last ~dozen 5* pulls, which is what I thought (unless you count today’s re-dupe of Phoenix).

Appreciated.

Dr. Zola