**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

Remove The Damage Cap From Gamora Special Attaques

Her Sig ability must not be a Reason to Lock Her Damage As of now Gamora is one of the weakest champs in game.. the only good thing about her is her guranteed Crits on Specials whish is still weak bcz of this cap see this :

Supposing as of a 6* R1 Gamora has
( 1916 attack rating / 202.7% crit damage rating/ and under her crit buff that adss 1366 damage rating )

Special Attaques ( No Cruelty vs Cruelty Buff )

SP1
82mwn54z4aix.png
w4xtnah698qo.png

Sp2 ( whatever damage is doubled bcz sp2 has 2 hits)
7dmbk6xahmxm.png
z9q16kxs1mmd.png

Light Hit
t0r2vtihpp5z.png
dwovpckkwuil.png

Medium Hit
v3a5z73ya7ho.png
gf4s7pl6dhm6.png

Gamora has one of the most high attaque rating + crit damage rating in game it's impossible that she delivers such weak strikes under her special attaques along with her cruelty buff the minimum she can deliver would be something above 10k in sp1 and 20k in sp2

Another contender whish is magik that has the same attributes values ( nearly ) but same 202.7% crit damage rating delivers

Special 1 Crits Magik (202.7%crit damage rating) = 3354
Special 1 crits Gamora (202.7%crit damage rating) + cruelty buff 1366 + more attaque = 3090

Special 2 Crits Magik (202.7%crit damage rating) = +10k
Special 2 crit Gamora (202.7%crit damage rating) + cruelty buff 1366 + more attaque = 7.8k

Coming back for her sig ability whish's the only reason i can think off that made this cap exist there are champs that deliver more than 700% of her crits and it's a 1 time per fight ability so do the right thing and bring her to life bcz she's soo weak as a 6*

7.8k x 7 = less than 60k 1 time per fight
make her special attaques good and cap the damage dealt by her sig ability to something like loki's

Comments

• Player1994Player1994 Posts: 793 ★★★
    @Haji_Saab @DrZola thanks for the reply guys appreciate it
  • Zuko_ILCZuko_ILC Posts: 1,504 ★★★★★
    ESF wrote: »
    I love posts like this -- it's clear that Gamora was "throttled," but in a game where Ghost, Proxima Midnight and Domino are running around, there's zero need for that anymore

We all get it: No money in reworking old champs.

But if you keep giving people old champs, come on

I disagree there is still money in reworking old champs, include them in basic 5* arena and sell their crystal there are still many champs players don't have even after 4 years of playing.
  • TaxTax Posts: 105
    OP - great post.

Too bad no one from Kabam will ever address posts like this that are well thought-out and informative without being demeaning in any way.
  • ESFESF Posts: 1,944 ★★★★★
    I love posts like this -- it's clear that Gamora was "throttled," but in a game where Ghost, Proxima Midnight and Domino are running around, there's zero need for that anymore

I agree but it’s usually incredibly easy to adjust characters damage outputs in most fighting games. They don’t have to design new animations; just change a few numerical values in her code.

To me, this is one of those things that you do just to be fair to the player base -- every single person can understand why Gamora was capped in 2015-16. I was playing the game and for that era before four-stars were introduced or were rare and Signature Abilities were introduced, Assassination was an elite closing mechanic.

Those days are long gone. Long, long gone.

I hope someone at Kabam reads this and says, "You know what? The OP's right on this one. I'm gonna take the time to get in this code and remove this cap -- it's completely irrelevant. Gonna do Hawkeye, too."
  • ESFESF Posts: 1,944 ★★★★★
    zeezee57 wrote: »
    Haji_Saab wrote: »

Same case with Hawkeye sig ability ... only triggers once because it does "massive" damage (equal to one hit of Ghost's sp2)

This is ironically what I was going to add, that his hemmorage shouldn't be a one time thing anymore. One of Domino's crit bleeds does more damage than HEs hemmorage yet it's not limited to once per fight. I get that these restrictions were in place for a different time, but if we're gonna keep pumping out insane new champs at least make these minor tweaks to older ones if you insist on stuffing the 6* pool with them. And that's not knock on HE who's a good champ as is, just dont see the restrictions purpose at this point.

Exactly; just as I just said: I was playing in that era, from the start of the game to the introduction of Sig Abilities, and it made sense then.

There's just no need for those restrictions now -- there just isn't. For the OP, there are three-stars hitting harder than that 6-star Gamora's specials, unawakened.

Come on, now. There has to be someone who can help

• Helicopter_dugdugdugHelicopter_dugdugdug Posts: 555 ★★★
    Hoping to see a mod take this to the team . Come on guys do it , overdue in every sense of the word
    Jcobra25 wrote: »
    Player1994 wrote: »
    Her Sig ability must not be a Reason to Lock Her Damage As of now Gamora is one of the weakest champs in game.. the only good thing about her is her guranteed Crits on Specials whish is still weak bcz of this cap see this :

Another contender whish is magik that has the same attributes values ( nearly ) but same 202.7% crit damage rating delivers

Special 1 Crits Magik (202.7%crit damage rating) = 3354
    Special 1 crits Gamora (202.7%crit damage rating) + cruelty buff 1366 + more attaque = 3090

Special 2 Crits Magik (202.7%crit damage rating) = +10k
    Special 2 crit Gamora (202.7%crit damage rating) + cruelty buff 1366 + more attaque = 7.8k

You know what's gonna happen now right?
    Nerf coming up for Magik of course!

no man i wasn't sending a message to nerf magik but to show how weak is gamora magik has no crazy damages and still it's a new era where champions can't be called op anymore
    but the old champions must be addressed if they wanna put them in high end crystals it does take at least 2 or 3 months to form a 6*
    zeezee57 wrote: »
    Haji_Saab wrote: »

Same case with Hawkeye sig ability ... only triggers once because it does "massive" damage (equal to one hit of Ghost's sp2)

This is ironically what I was going to add, that his hemmorage shouldn't be a one time thing anymore. One of Domino's crit bleeds does more damage than HEs hemmorage yet it's not limited to once per fight. I get that these restrictions were in place for a different time, but if we're gonna keep pumping out insane new champs at least make these minor tweaks to older ones if you insist on stuffing the 6* pool with them. And that's not knock on HE who's a good champ as is, just dont see the restrictions purpose at this point.

Exactly; just as I just said: I was playing in that era, from the start of the game to the introduction of Sig Abilities, and it made sense then.

There's just no need for those restrictions now -- there just isn't. For the OP, there are three-stars hitting harder than that 6-star Gamora's specials, unawakened.

Come on, now. There has to be someone who can help

even awakened she will only hit that hard 1 time per fight and by that hard i mean hard in her calculations her assassin ability must at least hit multiple times in a fight maybe do a coldown timer before she can use it again like corvus glaive or luke cage something like 1min coldown and cap the damage at a value for each of her ranks
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,341 ★★★★★
    How would a re-work like this sound?

More like this in the champion redesign thread.
    GAMORA

ypxie4hmohfe.png

In the Marvel Universe, Gamora is often called the deadliest woman in the universe; but in MCOC she's far from it. She's not too bad - just outdated. Her one-shot Sig ability doesn't see her through tougher fights; especially with more champions coming through with Critical Resistance; whilst many newer champions can massively out-damage her. Still, a few tweaks to her design should be sufficient...

All Attacks:
    Gamora is always planning how to kill you. 10% chance for Cruelty, raising critical damage by 1500 for seven seconds.
    - This ability is unchanged.

Critical Hits
    Gamora is trained to take down the most dangerous of opponents by finding their vulnerable points. Critical hits have a 33% chance to inflict a 10% weakness debuff. This chance rises by up to 20% in the largest opponents. These last for seven seconds, and can stack up to three times. No effect on robots.
    - This ability is to mirror her skills at fighting supposedly stronger opponents in comics; using nerve-strikes to cripple them.

Counter Tactics:
    Each time Gamora is parried in a fight, she passively reduces her opponent's Parry ability accuracy by 15%.
    - Gamora is a skilled and adaptable warrior - she isn't just to going to let you parry her again and again.

Special attacks:

SP1: 100% Critical Chance. 80% chance to inflict Bleed.
    - marginal reduction in bleed frequency; to balance more bleeds from the SP2.

SP2: 100% Critical Chance. 70% chance to inflict each of two stacks of bleed.
    - chance for bleed reduced a little further, but can now inflict a stack with each swing. Damage per Bleed effect unchanged.

SP3: 75% chance to inflict Shock
    - That blaster ought to do something! I'd suggest a Shock debuff causing damage at least on a par with her Bleed damage; otherwise, really, what's the point? It's a Special-3, and she can't get a critical or an Assassination attempt, after all.

Signature:
    Gamora constantly seeks out the perfect spot for a killing blow. She has up to 40%* chance to inflict massive critical damage (+500%) with special attacks 1&2. Gamora looks constantly for weak spots. Every ten seconds after it is activated, she has up to a 20%* chance to refresh this ability.
    *scales with Sig.
    - slight reduction in likelihood and overall damage multiplier is reduced from +700% to +500%; but now Gamora has the chance to refresh her Assassination ability. On average, and with a high Sig, it will usually take 30-40 seconds to refresh; but RNG could be kind. Is ten seconds too short? Could be 15. Or even 20, but remember it's only a chance to refresh; nothing is guaranteed.

Any opponent struck with an Assassination blow has a 90% chance to suffer a Wounded debuff, reducing their Attack, Critical damage and Tenacity by 20% for ten seconds.
    - If you're lucky enough to survive an Assassination attempt, there should be some kind of debuff whilst you recover. This didn't seem overpowered; but could be adjusted easily enough.

This rework should give Gamora a moderately (but not excessively) higher damage potential, and at least some tricks to boost her utility and damage against bleed-immune opponents. In longer fights, her ability to develop near-immunity to Parry, inflict repeated Assassinations and weaken the event with Weakness and Wounded debuffs will give her significantly more threat and sustainability; where currently she's a one-trick pony. Even with a high Sig, it will still be unusual to have more than 2 or 3 Assassination effects per fight, so with the Damage multiplier reduced a little, she shouldn't be too overpowered compared with her current self.

Worthy of a beta?

• A_Noob_Is1A_Noob_Is1 Posts: 762 ★★
    Man that is some sad damage for a six star.
  • BigPoppaCBONEBigPoppaCBONE Posts: 2,277 ★★★★★
    She was the best champ I had when I was just starting out. Now she’s just kinda sad. Kabam, you need to get faster with updating these old champs. You could start by removing some of the outdated limitations as suggested here.
  • Colonaut123Colonaut123 Posts: 3,091 ★★★★★

I really wonder how difficult it could be to remove a damage cap. They complain how much time it takes to beta test but I think it is just bull. Some champions just require small tweaks to have greater utility.