**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Colossus not immune to poison.

Because Colossus (and UC) can be poisoned by oxygen, and he will begin to rust.

Comments

• KormoKormo Posts: 77
    Dude that's funny
  • ElectricJellyElectricJelly Posts: 33
    That’s more like having a bad case of psoriasis than being poisoned, though. Anyway, isn’t Colossus’s deal that only his skin is organic steel? If that’s the case, then he’s still got cells and blood and whatnot, and just for an example Abomination’s radiation-based poisoning could easily penetrate a steel exterior and damage the cellular material beneath it.
  • phil56201phil56201 Posts: 953 ★★★
    His entire body is turned into organic steel.
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    Plus most stainless alloys don't rust anyway
  • Marri_2Marri_2 Posts: 577 ★★★
    Key word: Organic
  • LibertyPrimeV1LibertyPrimeV1 Posts: 4,179 ★★★★★
    Regular Colossus shouldn't be Poison Immune. But Unstoppable Colossus, and Juggernaut for that matter, should because being immune to all sickness and disease is one of the powers given from Cyttorak...
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,552 Guardian
    Marri_2 wrote: »
    Key word: Organic

Ironically, Colossus being composed of an "organic steel" would make him potentially extremely toxic. Most organic metal compounds are extremely dangerous to handle in any way. Under the normal rules of real world chemistry I wouldn't even recommend standing near Colossus while he was in his metallic state, much less shake his hand.
  • Welderofortune2Welderofortune2 Posts: 139
    @DNA3000

Technically Organic metals are just Metal Organic Frameworks, and are a subclass of coordination polymers. Most are porous, and can be used for cleaning and storing gasses. They are also very brittle, and not really good for parts that are subject to any kind of stress. So Just my 2 cents but its a safe bet that Colossus is not any organic metal we are aware of at this time.
    @DNA3000

Technically Organic metals are just Metal Organic Frameworks, and are a subclass of coordination polymers. Most are porous, and can be used for cleaning and storing gasses. They are also very brittle, and not really good for parts that are subject to any kind of stress. So Just my 2 cents but its a safe bet that Colossus is not any organic metal we are aware of at this time.

I'm assuming Colossus isn't composed of MOF lattices because then he would be structurally unsound. Also I don't know how anything like biology would work. I'm assuming when they say Colossus is composed of an "organic steel-like" substance they are talking instead about organometallic compounds because there's at least some kind of chemistry potentially going on there that could be making Colossus function.
    @DNA3000

I would assume he is not anything overly toxic as that would cause a significant problem, so I agree with you but still think the type of metal he is made of has not yet been found or identified.
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,280 ★★★★★
    edited January 2019
    Whatever kind of steel he is, it's clearly not all that strong, as he's vulnerable to ant bites as a source of poison.

I mean, I've no problem with Colossus being poisoned; it happened several times in the comics. King Groot's poison breath or Dr Voodoo's spirit venom: Fine. No problem. But getting poisoned by ant bites? Can we not just re-code around that?...
    @DNA3000

I would assume he is not anything overly toxic as that would cause a significant problem, so I agree with you but still think the type of metal he is made of has not yet been found or identified.

I wasn't claiming Colossus was toxic in the comic books. That would have promoted him above Rogue as "worst X-Man to have a relationship with." I was just making a light comment about real world chemistry, given the topic was related to poison damage.
    Whatever kind of steel he is, it's clearly not all that strong, as he's vulnerable to ant bites as a source of poison.

Well, they are cosmic ants empowered by Celestial intestinal goo.
    Well it's not a metal but just thought of graphene would fit the organic context because it is made of carbon, and could kinda explain how he turns it on or off as it would rearrange the carbon atoms already present in his cells/tissues to form the lattice of graphene. As according to the marvel entry is as follows "Colossus is a mutant with the superhuman ability to convert the tissues of his entire body into an organic, steel-like substance." So it does not have to be metal just a steel like substance which graphene could fill. So in retrospect, eh I don't really know.

@DNA3000
    @Magrailothos