**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Am I crazy to do this?

I only have two 4 Stars at Rank 5. I have moderate skill (I still get hit and Master mode Event Quest is still beyond me).

I’m about to try ROL and Act 5 chapter 1 (I’d also like to start completing Master Mode EQ).

I know Archangel is awesome but I’m also concerned that he’s not a regeneration champion.
I have Wolverine, who doesn’t have nearly the damage output but his regeneration could definitely help me in questing.

Based on my skill and progression in the game, am I crazy to Rank 5 my Wolverine over Archangel?

Am I crazy to do this? 109 votes

You’re crazy - rank AA and don’t look back
53%
GamerSwe_wolfisHULK_BREAKHeraldofNoneSpeedbumpRich_RyderJim0172Lvernon15ShaheerFIazPriyansh7JustusCastrumtufan_1974Hit_me_TwiceСанекКрымRUSKillerRino19chrissbjordannAustin555555elan041885_widerecieverJakearound 58 votes
You’re sane - it’s a tough decision, I would lean AA but Wolverine isn’t a bad option
31%
TacoScottydapps2goTheManMythLegendNikskiniTendersquaddalexander1974MagrailothosRikuremaSungjKing_L0kiB34rSpiderCoolsHammerbro_64Crimsontide1616PizzabeatCupidMelkerlanneroIamTryingMyBestDRTOhiddenblizzard10or_Strong 34 votes
You’re right - Wolverine is the best option based on what you’ve said
15%
CrkwestSIlverProfessorBuckeyeKPnebFoxhero007Sixshot1SceptilemaniacKamalaWantsToPlayTooScholiaBirdReynoldsSDPskullduggery72Helicopter_dugdugdugdot_dittoDrooped2VØŁĶ1902Bimmertech76 17 votes

Comments

• Tiger360Tiger360 Posts: 1,696 ★★★★
    AA is a lot better and benefits more from R5 whilst Wolverine is good at R4 just put sigs into him
  • Marri_2Marri_2 Posts: 577 ★★★
    I'd say R5 AA and practice not getting hit
  • Exidos17Exidos17 Posts: 25
    I don’t have Wolvie, but I have 5/50 AA (duped), and he is such a beast especially in EQ and Act 5. Parry, heavy, and rinse/repeat as long as they aren’t bleed or poison immune.
  • DragonFire2DragonFire2 Posts: 181
    I don’t have AA ranked up at all but I completed about 75% of ROL with an unduped 3/30 wolverine. Albeit it was when block proficiency teams were still a thing, but if you have him duped and 4/40 you’re already ahead of me. I personally would R5 Wolverine cause of his regen and he’s also not available as a 5*.
  • The_OneThe_One Posts: 2,936 ★★★★
    Do AA.
    Wolverine at rank 4 is good enough until you get the cats to rank 5 him
  • Ultimatesaber32Ultimatesaber32 Posts: 742 ★★
    You’re sane - it’s a tough decision, I would lean AA but Wolverine isn’t a bad option
    Don’t do Act 5 dude. I’m in the same boat. I have a R4 Archangel unduped and the only rank 5 4 star I have is IMIW. Act 5 passive degen sucks.
  • ẞlооdẞlооd Posts: 2,005 ★★★★
    I would definitely do AA. Sure he doesn't have regen but he's a much better champ than Wolvie overall.

But try act 5 first and see how you do. Then you can make your decision if you feel regen would help you more than damage.
  • You’re crazy - rank AA and don’t look back
    I was once in the same situation that you are in now. I have both AA and Wolvie. Definately AA
  • Disgruntled_User_123Disgruntled_User_123 Posts: 1,077 ★★★
    Thanks to everyone who commented and voted - I truly appreciate it. I went against the popular vote and ended up ranking Wolverine. For the sake of posterity for any future person who is in a similar situation, I’ll list my reasoning.

It really comes down to Damage Output and Ability Accuracy Reduction compared to sustainable Regeneration.

Wolverine has the best regeneration in the game because it doesn’t require the user to do anything other than attack. Additionally, Wolverine can always regenerate to full health. Lastly, Wolverine is useful no matter who he fights because his regeneration isn’t dependent upon some type of debuff on the opponent.

Archangel’s advantage of damage output is substantial over Wolverine. However, AA’s damage output is mitigated by any matchup where the opponent has a bleed or poison immunity. Moreover, stun immune champs make it very difficult to intercept with AA’s heavy attack whereas Wolverine doesn’t need his heavy attack to be effective. Lastly, AA’s ability accuracy reduction is neutralized by champions who have a poison or bleed immunity.

Therefore, AA’s superior damage output isn’t absolute (unlike a Hyperion, who doesn’t rely on debuffs for his damage). At my stage in the game, I need less variable with my top champions. I know my limitations - I simply can’t hold a 150 hit combo without extreme concentration. Wolverine allows a consistent safety net for me when I make mistakes. Accordingly, I chose Wolverine.

Besides, I’ll rank up AA at some point in the future but Wolverine helps me more right now.
  • MbizzMbizz Posts: 215 ★★
    Thanks to everyone who commented and voted - I truly appreciate it. I went against the popular vote and ended up ranking Wolverine. For the sake of posterity for any future person who is in a similar situation, I’ll list my reasoning.

It really comes down to Damage Output and Ability Accuracy Reduction compared to sustainable Regeneration.

Wolverine has the best regeneration in the game because it doesn’t require the user to do anything other than attack. Additionally, Wolverine can always regenerate to full health. Lastly, Wolverine is useful no matter who he fights because his regeneration isn’t dependent upon some type of debuff on the opponent.

Archangel’s advantage of damage output is substantial over Wolverine. However, AA’s damage output is mitigated by any matchup where the opponent has a bleed or poison immunity. Moreover, stun immune champs make it very difficult to intercept with AA’s heavy attack whereas Wolverine doesn’t need his heavy attack to be effective. Lastly, AA’s ability accuracy reduction is neutralized by champions who have a poison or bleed immunity.

Therefore, AA’s superior damage output isn’t absolute (unlike a Hyperion, who doesn’t rely on debuffs for his damage). At my stage in the game, I need less variable with my top champions. I know my limitations - I simply can’t hold a 150 hit combo without extreme concentration. Wolverine allows a consistent safety net for me when I make mistakes. Accordingly, I chose Wolverine.

Besides, I’ll rank up AA at some point in the future but Wolverine helps me more right now.

AA was the right choice if you’re looking to clear content.
  • ScholiaScholia Posts: 116
    Competely agree. You need to base it on what’s best now, not future. Wolverine was my first rank 5 and he took me far.
    @Scholia

Thanks. It’s hard because I know the value of AA and the community is definitely more for AA. But, like you said, it’s about recognizing my skill set and acknowledging what will help me the most right now.
  • DshuDshu Posts: 1,503 ★★★★
    @Disgruntled_User_123 I 100% agree with your choice based off what you describe as your skill level. Also aa at rank 4 is still a killer and he is available as a 5* which is a better use of your t4cc. One word of caution though with wolverine. Beware of the specter node. It will reverse wolverine's regen and you will find yourself extremely frustrated. Besides that happy gaming and best of luck in the game
    @Dshu

Thanks for the advice! Yeah, I don’t regret the rank up at all. Wolverine has already rewarded me with some great gameplay!
  • PaytoPlayPaytoPlay Posts: 762 ★★★
    Unless your AA isn't duped or your 2 existing 4* r5 can handle regen opponent, have fun fighting ROL wolverine with your r5 wolverine....
  • ẞlооdẞlооd Posts: 2,005 ★★★★
    PaytoPlay wrote: »
    Unless your AA isn't duped or your 2 existing 4* r5 can handle regen opponent, have fun fighting ROL wolverine with your r5 wolverine....
    It wouldn't be fun with AA either..
    edited January 2019
    ẞlооd wrote: »

But will be possible at least. Unless he got void, gully or other regen control champs...

But will be possible at least. Unless he got void, gully or other regen control champs...

I have a 3 Star Void and Guillotine but I’ll probably hold off for a 4 Star version.

I have a 3 Star Void and Guillotine but I’ll probably hold off for a 4 Star version.

Ok best of luck man. A 3 star can do it actually !
  • TheSquish671TheSquish671 Posts: 2,880 ★★★★★
    In harder content, regen won't help if you get hit, you'll probably die before it helps, so you have to work on that. Plus, defeating the opponent quick, that AA can do, which will reduce the chance of you messing up
    In harder content, regen won't help if you get hit, you'll probably die before it helps, so you have to work on that. Plus, defeating the opponent quick, that AA can do, which will reduce the chance of you messing up

I know. That’s why I’m working on easier things like ROL, RTTL, and Master mode EQ. When I can do those with no revives, I’ll be ready for Act 5. Plus, Wolverine helps me more now in those aspects of the game than AA because he helps me train to not get hit while giving me a safety net when I do.
  • dot_dittodot_ditto Posts: 1,442 ★★★★
    edited January 2019
    Go with Wolverine .. I have him 4* rank 5, sig 40 something ... I don't have Archangel, so decision point was easier for me :) However, that said, my Wolverine is one of my core champs in questing ..., he handles 90%+ of the "minions" or "goons" (ie non-bosses) .. and easily gets me to the bosses with full health ...

so yeah, he's worth it .. you won't be dissappointed .. ;)

Just keep in mind, he's an endurance champ, not a boss killer, use him as such ...

;)

one more trick with Wolverine: you'll get practice on "not getting hit" with him .. since you'd rather accept a few blocked hits, than risk a full combo, much easier to regen from .. ;) so play slow with him, careful and methodical. And don't use any special with him unless it's as an emergency to get out of a corner . ;) remember, he regens more with more power ... ;)

(that also leads to good practice, as you learn to play with specials .. hehe)
  • Helicopter_dugdugdugHelicopter_dugdugdug Posts: 555 ★★★
    Go with Wolverine . He will help u so much
  • BuckeyeKPBuckeyeKP Posts: 693
    Wolvie is a good choice for where you are. AA's ability will still be there at 440 since he's duped. TBH I rarely use mine anymore since immunes can gimp him to a large degree. Regen will help keep you alive to progress. Also work on those fighting skills: run some arena to get familiarity and watch videos on techniques. I'm and experienced player but am completing Master EQ and 5.1 with 440's on my second account, it can be done if you improve.
    Thanks @BuckeyeKP